Cod 6 Modern Warefare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurgenp1

Jr Member
Heej guys, since i dont have an Xbox yet( hope to get one with cristmas). I wanted to buy the new Caal Of Duty op the PC who else is buying it? mayby we can create our own clan or something.

With no dedicated server support, and the game costing an extra $10 for less content IW can kiss my butt so to speak. Right now I'm either looking at Arma 2 or Borderlands over this bs console port that is MW2.

Yea IW is getting too cocky thinking everyone will buy into the damn thing. I think Treyarch COD games are getting better as IW COD games are becoming money gullets.

Indeed.

4 sucked and I'm sure MW2 will. I mean, cod 4 was made for 10 yrs old kid having fun filling the air with bullet without aiming ^^ There is no tactic, nothing. You're better when you're a lone wolf since you have choppers and such. Acting as a team is useless. And I'm sure it'll be the same in MW2.

I miss the old 1&2 :(

SPARTAN-089 said:
Yea IW is getting too cocky thinking everyone will buy into the damn thing. I think Treyarch COD games are getting better as IW COD games are becoming money gullets.

Actually, Treyarch games are notorious for being worse than IW's games. Ask other people, or ask reviewers, either way you'll generally get the same answer.

Hopefully this topic will stop coming up. Ranting on and on about a game instead of simply not buying it is only going to get you an ulcer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jurgen :pits still cod4 (its still the same gameengine)

Just cod(4) modern warfare2

Anyways, i kinda digged the first one. On pc that is :) its hectic to stay alive and that makes it more fun for me.

I guess i just like trying to kill people wile getting bombed and being shot at!

extrabread said:
I liked modern warfare, but hated 5. I'm probably gunna end up buying it.

You mean cod4 world at war? Like i said, its still the same game-engine! its still cod4.

The COD games are highly unbelieveable. I have a hard enough time believing that one person can kill a few hundred people without dieing. They should make it extremely hard to live, and lower the enemy count. It just makes you appreciate how many people you have in your Fireteam/Squad/Combat Team/Platoon/Company and so on more. Real warfare is based on team work. There is no loan wolf crap in it. Even snipers have their spotters.

Also they should SERIOUSLY add some other countries in. I have almost never seen Canada, New Zealand or Australia in a game. I believe Canadians were in COD 2 (or something like that), but other then that, I havent seen anything like them being in a game.

Plus, I would really enjoy it if COD strayed away from WWII and Modern Warfare. Why not Try WWI or Korea? Possibly Vietnam? I have never seen a WWI game before. Just thinking of all of those historic events makes me drool (Don't judge me. I "know" [Only the people who were there know] the reality of it, but I am sure that the game would shead some light on The "great" war.).

Thats just my 0.02 cents.

Personally? I am a huge COD4 fan. I loved the game. While the campaign isnt entirely realistic, if it was, it would be complete $#!T. COD4 was more of an action-movie experience. It was simply amazing. The campaign kept players on edge and the multiplayer was ridiculously addicting.

One thing i want to correct, is the statement about Treyarch games getting better and better and that their games are better than Infinity Ward's games. Untrue. Treyarch straight up copied COD4. They took the engine, the multiplayer, the style, and threw in Nazi Zombies and called it a new game. While it was successful, it was a rip off of COD4.

I am very excited about Modern Warfare 2. Im even more stoked because I am buying the 360 MW2 bundle to replace my $#!Tty system. They are fixing bugs from the first game AND adding tons of new exciting things as well. The multiplayer once again is going to be amazing as well as the campaign picks up shortly after where the first one ended. This allows ppl who finished the first to feel a connection with wat they are doing, and i am stoked.

Regardless, I am excited and by the huge post i just wrote, you all can tell! haha.

Im going to buy it anyway. I like playing alone in a game, and dont have to watch somebody else's back. Because i SUCK at it. I realy do like strategy games but in a FPS it should be that you only have to watch over yourself and not 5 other people. Thats what I think.

BTW the multiplayer us going to be almost the same as the one from COD4. And it rocks. It may be the same engine but i dont care. As longs as its sensation till the last mission.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
The COD games are highly unbelieveable. I have a hard enough time believing that one person can kill a few hundred people without dieing. They should make it extremely hard to live, and lower the enemy count. It just makes you appreciate how many people you have in your Fireteam/Squad/Combat Team/Platoon/Company and so on more. Real warfare is based on team work. There is no loan wolf crap in it. Even snipers have their spotters.

Also they should SERIOUSLY add some other countries in. I have almost never seen Canada, New Zealand or Australia in a game. I believe Canadians were in COD 2 (or something like that), but other then that, I havent seen anything like them being in a game.

Plus, I would really enjoy it if COD strayed away from WWII and Modern Warfare. Why not Try WWI or Korea? Possibly Vietnam? I have never seen a WWI game before. Just thinking of all of those historic events makes me drool (Don't judge me. I "know" [Only the people who were there know] the reality of it, but I am sure that the game would shead some light on The "great" war.).

Thats just my 0.02 cents.

There's a reason it's called a "video game" and not a "war simulator". If you want realistic warfare, buy the second option. Problem solved

Liq said:
With no dedicated server support, and the game costing an extra $10 for less content IW can kiss my butt so to speak. Right now I'm either looking at Arma 2 or Borderlands over this bs console port that is MW2.

Borderlands is great, you should get it.

[ontopic]

The thing is, with CoD, is that it's not realistic enough for me. I don't need a full-on war simulator, but it's just to fake. I shouldn't still be looking through my sights perfectly when I'm getting sprayed by someone, and I shouldn't be able to just hide behind something to recover when I get shot. Just 'cause they're soldiers doesn't mean they're super-human. Still getting the game, can't wait. :D

there is only three games that i plan on getting for the PC

1------ Modern Warfare 2

2------ Borderlands

3------ Starcraft 2

not planning on anything else atm :)

tomb-stone said:
there is only three games that i plan on getting for the PC

1------ Modern Warfare 2

2------ Borderlands

3------ Starcraft 2

not planning on anything else atm :)