COD4 outsells/more popular than halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish you could view films in COD4, I've done some cool stuff in that, but editing maps in cod would be stupid and pointless.

Vehicles would also ruin it, at least in multiplayer, they have turrets and they're fair. You can easily get sniped off em.

By the way guys, they might be both FPS' but they're both completely different games.

Vehicles in COD3 ruined the game, people would drive around and run others down and gun them down with the machine gun mounted on the back of the vehicle. Whoever got the vehicle first basically came out #1.

In my opion they really can't be compared which is better. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Like I personally would say halo but, since I played halo before Call of duty. They are also to very different games that don't have the same aspects. I'm just saying I think the two games should just co-exist and we shouldn't argue which is better.

I'm going to have to say that it's not a huge suprise. Halo 3, as said earlier, really didn't improve on halo 2 that much. I think bungie was getting tired with the series and the constrictions of msoft and just wanted to get it over with and move on to the next thing. Having said that, whenever I'm bored I jump on h2 on my PC or h3 over any other game.. I just like the halo universe, and I love the storyline, but halo 3 really wasn't "groundbreaking" or anything, it was just a continuation of a story I like.

But if you want to talk about real disasters, talk about unreal tournament 3, now theres some expectations shot down hardcore for me, plotwise and gameplay.

COD-pc
COD2-xbox
COD2 big red 1-gc xbox
CODfinested hour-gc
COD3-xbox
COD4-xbox
then theres like 5 more pc CODs so no wondy they beat up halo in game sells

rvb18 said:
COD-pc
COD2-xbox
COD2 big red 1-gc xbox
CODfinested hour-gc
COD3-xbox
COD4-xbox
then theres like 5 more pc CODs so no wondy they beat up halo in game sells
Only 3 major titles on console...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironcobra3000 said:
There are games better then Halo3.
On this forum, that means nothing, the majority will tell you halo is the best game in the world, because....we're on a halo forum xD

Lol to AoB, but true! But the down part of C*** of Doody is that there is no split screen XBL. I always wanna play when my bandmates come over but you cant, so Halo is ago.

That is true, my cousin was complaining "we cant play online with 2 controllers?"

That would be nice, but I guess most games dont do that, since really everyone has their own system and their own screen now. Playing on the same screen is becoming rare because of the internet now and being able to chat/play with friends online, rather than in the same living room.

call of duty 4= PS3 and Xbox 360

Call of Duty 4 graphics=god-like

Call of Duty 4 camoflauge=actually works

Call of Duty 4=unlockable guns and prestige mode

I'm on my second round of prestige mode, I'm going for the spikey bronze looking medal. Right now I have the pale golish medal with the blue gem inside. Level 19 woo.

On my first prestige match being level 1, I came out ontop with 250 points, everyone called me "noob" and "new" before the game started. #1 on the score board...now who's noob :p

<a href="http://bp2.blogger.com/_4FCmQ9cBXDc/R1ysDqBCJYI/AAAAAAAAAO8/H_nE0JBaf2w/s1600-h/COD4prestige_icons.jpg" target="_blank">Prestige icons
</a>
I have the medal which is listed as #2, I didnt know there was 10 levels of prestige mode, I thought there was 5-6. Dang, I might just stay at #4 then.

PillowFire said:
call of duty 4= PS3 and Xbox 360

Call of Duty 4 graphics=god-like

Call of Duty 4=unlockable guns and prestige mode

the fact alone that it is available on both systems is a complete advantage over halo 3, but the graphics... they are good, but they don;t seem to have texture to me, everything just seems to flow to much, and it all seems to "boxy". and you have unlockable armor in halo, and forge and theatre, so there almost a tie all in all

AoBfrost said:
That is true, my cousin was complaining "we cant play online with 2 controllers?"

That would be nice, but I guess most games dont do that, since really everyone has their own system and their own screen now. Playing on the same screen is becoming rare because of the internet now and being able to chat/play with friends online, rather than in the same living room.
playing online will never beat the old skool xbox 360 LAN, with the shouting, piles of junk food, cords running everywere... good times
u just dont get the same excitment from getting a headshot online, but if u get a headshot at a lan u can yell at the person "yeh B**** u just got 0wned!!!!" and everyones laughing, theres tension high in the air... i must have another LAN...

so.. COD4, ive played it, its ok, but i cant play games that dont have a good story for very long, plus the community/fan base devoted to halo is just amazing!

i bought COD4. the main reason i bought it was that a lot of my xbox live friends play that game now more than halo 3, but in my opinion I like the halo 3 story better than COD4 because the story in COD4 is really short, but both games are really cool for playing online.

I play call of duty 4 on a small 15 inch LCD screen, it works fine for me, I get 720p graphics from a tiny PC lcd monitor. Works fine for me, I sit right infront of it lik eI would for a PC. If I ever bought a larger screen or TV, I would move my ps3 to a new location and sit farther back, but 15 inches is good for me.

Just thought I'd point out a possible update to this story...
LINK

If Halo 3 sold 8.1 million copies and CoD4 sold 'over 7 million', how does CoD4 win?

That may be true, but the fact microsoft themselves admit more people are playing cod4 than halo 3, it just shows alot of people quit playing halo 3 online just to play cod4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back