Cold Evil123 Custom-Multiplayer Halo 3 Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been QUITE a while, but I haven't given up on this project. Due to the coldness of Winter I haven't been able to do a lot of work. Sure I could have pepped, but I'm lazy. Nonetheless, I have been doing a lot of work these past couple of days, and I figure it's time to update you folks, along with asking a couple questions. Without further ado, here is my progress: (WARNING: Pictures may be a bit large! Can't figure out how to re-size them :/)

Everything from the past week, all in one shot.
qrjBJ.jpg

The Right Forearm on its own.
Uk26Zh.jpg

The Right Boot on its own.
hYDl1h.jpg

The Shin on its own.
LBl9Nh.jpg

The Right Thigh on its own.
rubMxh.jpg

The yellow Magnum.
SI25lh.jpg

My favorite, the Beam Rifle.
iyGw4h.jpg

Now I have a couple questions. How do I harden the Beam Rifle and Magnum? Should I make a small hole and put Rondo in it? Or is there some other sort of method? Whichever it is, can you try to elaborate on it so I fully understand the concept?

Next question: I feel like some of the pieces may not fit exactly right. Are they supposed to be a bit large to me, as in half to one inch of space on each side? Could that simply be solved with a little padding then?

Lastly, is the Codpiece supposed to be a bit tight? I have almost finished pepping it and I think it might be.

Thanks for viewing! Any advice is welcomed and considered, so feel free to comment.

its good to know I'm not the only one doing a halo 3 suit lol. I have the security shoulders too. :)
So far I think ur armor looks really well done.
As far as the second question about the prtshaving some space in between then, I think its good so u can put padding inside of them. I'm no expert or anything, but that's my take :)
Keep up the good work.

I love that beam rifle, very cool. I hope someone here can shed some light on how to harden it, I can't wait to see it finished.

Very nice pep work there sir, it's always neat to see the beam rifle pepped. One question though, can you please refresh my memory as to who modeled that particular modified shin file? I was certain that I had it at one point in time, but I've been unable to locate it.

As far as hardening the weapons, I've seen multiple methods. Anywhere from slush casting the inside with rondo, to just shooting it full of expanding foam (which didn't end well), to cutting it apart in sections and fiberglassing the inside. On a large single unit like that, the best thing I can think to do is harden the outside with resin, using multiple thin coats. Then cutting several small openings throughout easily repairable areas of the weapon, and slushing it with rondo. I've not tried this method on a weapon, but I have seen it done in a couple of threads, that did not end in disaster.

-Matt

I'll try to do the slush method then, as that seems to work well. All I know about the shin is that the file name is "Modified_HD_MKVI_Shin_by_Nickt" and that I got it over a year ago. The last modified date on the file says 8/2/2010, so it is really old.

shooting it full of expanding foam (which didn't end well)
For the love of god, don't do this. I ruined an assault rifle I pepped in my early days of armoring like that (as well as a few other things). Ahh, how foolish I was back then. But as for hardening it, Id highly recommend coating the outside in fiberglass resin first, to prevent any warping from the rondo and to give you a nice painting surface. Expanding foam does have its uses in armoring, but unless you really know hat you're doing, this is not one of them. Also, you're pepping looks great, keep it up!

Update! I just finished the codpiece, and it looks like it may be either perfect fit, or a tad too small. If it's too small, ill just make another. A couple of pictures for y'all:

W67Qgh.jpg

ByFnMh.jpg

I figure i'll start the left leg next, and update when I've finished the entire leg. That will probably be some time within the next week hopefully. After that I will do both arms, as those are pretty easy. In other news, I'm going to be making a mannequin soon. I'll be using the paint coveralls/duct tape method to make a properly sized replica of myself. I'm not entirely sure what to use it for, but it will probably come in handy at some point. I think I will also make a quick plasma grenade to test the slushy method, and maybe strap that on my finished suit.

Critique and comments are welcomed, and questions are encouraged!

I almost finished my mannequin, and I'll put pictures of that with the left leg. Quick question! Would it be a good idea to Rondo the Beam Rifle, THEN use expanding foam to increase durability and weight? Would there be any problems with this, and has it been done before? I know it isn't highly advised to make pepakura weapons, but I don't have access to many other ways, and this seemed the easiest.

kick ass armor! cant wait to see the finished product! i would suggest carving the gun out of styrofoam. im making my BR that way. ive made pep weapons before, they are not worth the trouble.

The way I did it for my Hayabusa build was first I hardened my MKVI chest piece, I then added the Hayabusa chest perm to the hardened MKVI chest while it was still paper, I taped the Busa perm where I wanted it to fit, then hardened it directly on top of the MKVI chest, once its dry, hardened it the normal way you harden your parts, you should be able to lift it off the chest piece to get to the backside of the perm for hardening, If this is all hard to understand just look on my busa build in my signature, there should be some pics on how I did the chest sections, hope this helps

Yes, this is probably your best bet. Depending on your build, you might also want to consider making lifts on the shoes you are wearing, Using Shoo goo and EVA foam can give you a much needed lift, and filling out your body suit can make the parts fit more desirably. Judging by your body build, you might want to consider filling out the chest area and legs a bit more to give it that armor-lift look.

Yes, this is probably your best bet. Depending on your build, you might also want to consider making lifts on the shoes you are wearing, Using Shoo goo and EVA foam can give you a much needed lift, and filling out your body suit can make the parts fit more desirably. Judging by your body build, you might want to consider filling out the chest area and legs a bit more to give it that armor-lift look.

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Could you possibly reword it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back