Custom Mjolnir based on Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATE*

Over the past few days, I managed to come up with a few more parts for Azriel's armor. Below is a new colour concept that I intend to use for the upcoming Comic Fiesta on the 18 & 19 Dec. Yeah, I'm a Shellhead. Deal with it. LOL

azriel0001s.jpg

Here are the new parts:

PC050007.jpg

PC050011.jpg

IMG0382A.jpg

PC050005.jpg

PC050003.jpg

PC0500022.jpg

I will also be making modifications on the chest plate to make it easier to put on, and will have a new neck seal and vest that will complement my undersuit. Updates coming soon!

Not with 3-4 layers of fiberglass, I suppose... Hehehe...

Anyway, got the pieces resined and here are some pics:

PC060001.jpg

PC060004-1.jpg

PC060010.jpg

The orange ones are my sis' Mk.VI. ;)

I smell awesomeness at Comic Fiesta, See you there MANDO BRO*fist bumps*!!

*Psst! Wrong forum, Kid...*

Hehe... Thanks, Kid. Anyway, I was working on my armor just now and noticed the ODST backplate lying around. So, I thought, "why not try put this under the Mjolnir chestplate?"

And here are the results:

PC070024.jpg

PC070029.jpg

PC070030.jpg

PC070019.jpg

PC070018.jpg

I think it'll make a cool addition, especially with the spine details added onto the back. The beige vest is actually from one of my Mandos, but I will have a black one for Azriel. I will need to remove the ODST collar, though. It doesn't go through my Mk.VB's neck and is pushing it up a bit too high.

Also have the neck seal partially done, and am thinking of cropping my hair and getting blue contact lenses to complete the effect. What do you guys think?

*Psst! Wrong forum, Kid...*

Hehe... Thanks, Kid. Anyway, I was working on my armor just now and noticed the ODST backplate lying around. So, I thought, "why not try put this under the Mjolnir chestplate?"

And here are the results:

PC070024.jpg

PC070029.jpg

PC070030.jpg

PC070019.jpg

PC070018.jpg

I think it'll make a cool addition, especially with the spine details added onto the back. The beige vest is actually from one of my Mandos, but I will have a black one for Azriel. I will need to remove the ODST collar, though. It doesn't go through my Mk.VB's neck and is pushing it up a bit too high.

Also have the neck seal partially done, and am thinking of cropping my hair and getting blue contact lenses to complete the effect. What do you guys think?

Contacts: :)Carter's color(after augmentation)
Hair: Not so sure

I wanna recommend, put the spine through the underarm piece...see if that works.

Kid, try not to include the pic when you "reply with quote"! LOL

Got my contacts, just daily disposable ones. They're supposed to be blue, but with my black eyes, they don't really make much difference. Tried contact lenses for the first time in my life! :D

Managed to do some reinforcements on the current armor. I modified the thigh pieces to fit me better, and cut out holes for the various lights. Also added hinges to the chest plate. Didn't do much today, just helped my sis with her armor. We came up with a name for her Spartan: Amber-126. I think it's a nice one! :)

wow. i tried to design my own paint job on paper. it failed. but that looks freaking good. wish i could draw like that. and the pepping!! my my, that is some good quality pepping, and its good to se someone else who doesnt use boring white card.
the idea of putting the ODST backplate under neath is quite good, that way you can paint it, but i think that it might get in the way a bit too much, so watch out

wow. i tried to design my own paint job on paper. it failed. but that looks freaking good. wish i could draw like that. and the pepping!! my my, that is some good quality pepping, and its good to se someone else who doesnt use boring white card.
the idea of putting the ODST backplate under neath is quite good, that way you can paint it, but i think that it might get in the way a bit too much, so watch out

Thanks, 0235! The reason for the multicolor cardboard is that I cannot find white ones of suitable thickness! LOL

I think I'll survive with the ODST backplate under the Mjolnir, I'm used to having a Mandalorian backplate. :)

Here are some pics of Amber-126 in progress:

PC100033.jpg

PC100035.jpg

PC110041.jpg

And here's the concept art:

amber0001.jpg

Hope to be able to finish glassing everything by tomorrow, then proceed with the trimming and sanding. After that, it's painting, strapping and electronics (just the fans and lights for now)!

BTW, I think I'll stick to Azriel's original flat black color scheme. The Shellhead red-and-gold scheme will be saved for another suit ;)

Here's some pics of the latest condition of Azriel. I added the kama, and was able to do most of the mods that I intended to do. I need to put on the kama, and then a few more details to go. I'll be fixing some lights and fans today, preparing for a photo shoot tomorrow. In the mean time:

DSC02840.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02828.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02876.jpg

noble6_cf10.jpg

These pics were taken at Comic Fiesta 2010, which was held at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Met with Gixxer85 in his 'informal' gear. Made a 200-mile drive in a car full of armor to get there! :D

Overall, the armor worked fine, I just had problems with the shoulders, which kept falling off to the back. I'm fixing this issue today so that I get better shoulders for the shoot tomorrow. ;)

I had a photo shoot session with some friends on Christmas weekend. Do enjoy some of the pics!

nofate.jpg

aiming2.jpg

aiming1.jpg

running.jpg

Will post up more when I get them. :D

And here's a video of the construction process... well, it's actually Amber's, but it's basically the same. :) Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back