Cut Throat World

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5p3r

Hey everyone this is kinda warning for everyone. Me and my wife over the past two weeks have been looking for a house to buy and we found the perfect one. well we start the long process of buying it. running credit, making sure we make enuff and seeing if the seller would except our offer.

Well the seller excepted the offer our pay was good enuff, but this is what sucks, because of two doctor bills im 4 points from a 620 which is what is needed to purchase a house right now. I have my other scores also and they looked good but they use the middle one for the score to go by, So here is the deal for all you youngens out there, make sure you always pay everything on time or on the spot, my ER vists got me but they look at everything im suprised they did not look into the family tree and pick stuff out there also. Well thats enuff of my ranting its time to head to Gatilburg,tn for the 4th with the family. Hope everyone has a good 4th and never forget those who have fallen to give us the freedom we love so much. and to all those still active thank you

kasper

same basic thing happened to my parents, we found an amazing house and found out we were like 10 points off because our house insurance screwed us over and now they "legally" have 60 days to fix our credit, so they get to take their sweet time.

Man that sucks...

Actually, I have a question, what is the 4th of July meen? I know that the Declaration of Independence was singed on July 4th 1776, and for you guys is known as "Independence Day" but what do you guys do for the 4th of July? Being a Canadian, all I know of is the 1st of July, Canada Day, Christman, Easter, April Fools day, Summer Vacation and a few other holidays.

man sorry to hear that...

My supervisor at work is pretty much in the same boat. He paid off a bunch of stuff got up to a 620 and then got turned down again because now he needs a 640. He is stuck in a crappy trailer with a bad school system and trashy neighbors because he didn't handle his credit properly.

Oh, and have fun in Gatlinburg. My family made the trek from Birmngham Alabama a couple years ago, and we all loved it. I am so looking forward to going back.

We had the same problem, but were able to get it fixed, pretty quickly. First we started paying small amounts on the med bills. As long as you are showing payment on them they can't report as Neg. on your credit. Next I took out a Six month signature load ($2500)from my local credit union. Mine reports to trans union and equifax every three months so that boosted my score up 8pts in the first quarter. Then I shopped around for a good lender, and found that Mortgage Lenders of America had the best deal. My agent got me a fixed rate of 7.125%, over 30yrs, options to refi, no out of pocket closing cost, $85k loan, and I set my Payments ($735.00/mo.). We closed in less than one month, upon starting the search. In six month my score went from 630 to 675... Now with the house payments being made on time, 715... Hope this gives you some ideas.

We are going to start this month with paying off all my med bills. we are hoping the house is still there its 92900 and the payments are gonna be around like 575 to 600 a month. with a 5.25% apr thingy. I just hope that i can get it up in time before it sales

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Man that sucks...

Actually, I have a question, what is the 4th of July meen? I know that the Declaration of Independence was singed on July 4th 1776, and for you guys is known as "Independence Day" but what do you guys do for the 4th of July? Being a Canadian, all I know of is the 1st of July, Canada Day, Christman, Easter, April Fools day, Summer Vacation and a few other holidays.

Hehe and I don't even know what 1st of July means :p

June 24th is for me :)

Sorry for the off topic

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Hehe and I don't even know what 1st of July means :p

June 24th is for me :)

Sorry for the off topic

-Just answering an earlier question

July 4th is the signing of the declaration of independence. (Which is actually a lie, because it wasn't fully signed until like a month later.) But basically we have cook outs, fireworks, and just summer things. It's basically a celebration of our country.

Hey everyone well when i posted this i thought there was no hope but things have worked there way out and as of July 31 i will own my first home. As soon as i can i will post pics and stuff. im freakin out i cant belive i got it....

kasper said:
Hey everyone well when i posted this i thought there was no hope but things have worked there way out and as of July 31 i will own my first home. As soon as i can i will post pics and stuff. im freakin out i cant belive i got it....

Glad this all got worked out, too bad I just saw you were visiting Gatlinburg, I'm a local. Next time I'll have to give you a tour of the 'ol workshop filled with props :)

Cheers,

Kensai

thanks kensai and yea next time i come up i would love to see the shop. now that i have this house it has a finished basement with garage i can finially have a work shop of my own out of the sun..

Congrats on scoring a house!!! I'm taking the easy way out and joining the military. I'm going to be a Warrant Officer, so I get to stay in the officer's quarters until me and my girlfriend get married, then they give us a housing allowance ;) . My credit is still pretty much standard because I haven't had to make any large purchases and I pay off my phone bills. Still living with the rents until I ship out :unsure

Haven- yeah i have a few friends in the marines and they live on base which makes it alot easier for them to save money for a good house when they get out or are on permanent station. As for your phone bill if its in your name and a cell phone then that helps alot as long as you are not late my wifes credit goes up like 10 points every three months because of our cellphone bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back