CyberBen Spartan 019 Mark VI wip -FINISHED!-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work, I agree with thorn, this is Elite worthy work you have going on here, Your attention to detail looks to be spot on, nice job on the helmet, can't wait to see it all together it will be epic, Great job so far

The progress on my shin guards

Peped being resined.
shinsguards.jpg

After the fiberglass step, some sanding and Bondo to straight things up. I'm adding some details.
IMG_1488.jpg

Dont like the "square holes" no problemo :p
IMG_1514.jpg

Much better after some bondo and a screw cap squish in it.
IMG_1515.jpg

More details, this time made with plasticine.
IMG_1493.jpg

The back side to needed a "facelift".
IMG_1531.jpg

Primed and with spot putty.
IMG_1545.jpg

I'm starting the Boots, Peped and resined.
IMG_1518.jpg

more on the way. :$

@ soul products : Yes and no, I bought it on eBay last year but didin't like it, it was cast in resine but the mold was not line properly, so I redone all the handle section and change the screws on each side, from big ugly phillips wood screws to the more accurate slot computer type one. Then Ive done a rubber mold on my new gun and rotocast 2 guns, 1 for each side :)

This is the gun bought on ebay and modified.
IMG_0942.jpg

@ Macattack64 : Its freeman casting sheet wax, I got some various thickness at work, its not something you can find at your hardware store. But you could use wheather-striping foam tape, it work well, just be careful to put it straight.

Once again you go and raise the bar on how much detail can be put into a part. You're build is just so impressive that I find myself wanting more. So please feel free to post more of this "Eye Candy" thanks.

Really really pic heavy

Thanks for the comments thorn696 and Adenn Velek.

I've worked on my boots and painted my shin guards, lets see them I hear you say ;p

First coat, hammered silver paint
IMG_1547.jpg

Second coat, textured green paint
IMG_1550.jpg

Third coat, painter's touch satin oregano
IMG_1551.jpg

Then its matt lacquer black inside because it dry quickly. and rust paint outside wiped with a clean cotton rag to give that dirty and used look. + the silver paint on a brush technique for the scratches.
IMG_1586.jpg

The boots, I put rondo inside where there are sharp corners inside all my piece before the fiberglass.
IMG_1553.jpg

In this pic you see where the sharpie marks are, this what i need to sand down, its easy to sand its rondo remember. After that there is less bondo to put on, so the piece is lighter.
IMG_1554.jpg

After some sanding.
IMG_1555.jpg

Details details ;)
IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

In the last one if you look on the right you can see what I used to do the bumps in the front of the boots and the details on the lower part of the "pouches" of my cod piece. <--- this part is for ShadoKat on page 2 :) --- its ½@ plastique tubing cut in halfs, I fill those with bondo. when it harden i demold them, cut them to the lengts I need and stick them on the boots with a bit of bondo.

Sanded and primed
IMG_1574.jpg

Same 3 layers process as all my pieces.
IMG_1575.jpg

Update to big ad to cut it in half :)

Spartan approved paint job.
IMG_1576.jpg

Almost finish
IMG_1585.jpg

Gluing my secret parts to add a more realistic look
IMG_1591.jpg

On the shin guards too
IMG_1592.jpg

Boots finished, shoes in its place, the plungers fits well after a lot of tweaking.
IMG_1593.jpg

I glued a 1/8" rubber under it so I don't scracth any floor with the screws and it will be less slippery.
IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

I'll go work the chest now :eek

Shins and boots turned out looking awesome. I can already tell, that is going to be one sweet looking suit when its done.

Worked on the chest a little this week-end, the front side is on the primer. Yeah !!!

It went from this.
IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

To this.
IMG_1806.jpg

I add those last minute details, and don't regret it :)
IMG_1791.jpg

Back to work tomorrow :( two weeks off sure fly by when your Having fun.

That is one fine looking chest plate. From this side of the screen it looks so smooth and refined.

the word "epic" is an understatement on how epic this build is. It makes the legendary helmet look like a bucket.

Thanks for all the great comments :)

@ CaptainAnt : the pep file I used is name orig_torso_Letter, but I think its not in the pep index anymore.
Here is a screen cap of it, if you don't find it, let my know I'll send it to you.
capture_03082011_001947.jpg

But keep in mind I did a lot of modification on my chest piece. The pep file don't give you all the details, just a base to work on.

Look at the original pep piece and the almost finish higher in this page.
Chestfront.jpg

Chestback.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back