CyberBen Spartan 019 Mark VI wip -FINISHED!-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update.

Its been a ruff 2 weeks, after nearly 2 years battling against Cancer my father past away, Monday the 8, he was 64 years old.

Today I finished sanding all the spot putty on my chest and primed it.
IMG_1831.jpg

I'm really pleased with the back side once primed.
IMG_1832.jpg

Tomorrow its painting time.

Sorry to hear about your father man, that sucks.

I almost didn't respond to this because I don't think anything I say can do justice to how good of a job this is!

Yeah this chest just makes everything you've done to perfect to not comment on this thread. by far the best MC costume i've seen so far based on the parts your have done

Truly sorry to hear about your father. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Stay strong, my friend.

My condolences to you on you're father. My prayers go out to you and you'res.

As for you're chest/back plate It looks great and is up to speed with all you're other primed parts. Which means were expecting a work of art out of you when this is done with paint. Should be easy with how all the other parts look. :D

Sorry about your father. That must be tough. Hopefully this build can be a good distraction and coping device during this mourning period. It's looking really good so far.

Sorry about your father. That must be tough. Hopefully this build can be a good distraction and coping device during this mourning period. It's looking really good so far.

Same here. Sorry to hear about your father.

I'm not sure how I missed this build. All I can say is you are ready for the elite section. Your attention to details are amazing. I understand how you feel being a father and finding the time. But from what I can tell, you seem to have no problems find time for your family and your project. Being a father of 3, I have a hard time trying to finish my kids' ODST. Being that the costumes are for my kids (which they will grow out of next year) I skipped a lot of the details.

I can't wait to see you in your complete armor.

CyberBen

My best regards to you for your loss.

WOW! This is very awesome work Cyber!
Your work and attention to detail is very stunning. Awesome painting skills and LOVING the LED's!

This should be moved out of the noob section. Elite worthy!

Looking forward to your next progress update!

Thank you very much for your sympathy wishes, my father is much better were he is, now that is suffering ended.

As jonus said, working on my build kind of help me focusing on other things.

So I painted my chest, its not finish yet, still got the black weathering and silver scratch to put on, but now im looking for a 405th and UNSC emblem to put on before the weathering.

Good old oregano green
IMG_1839.jpg

Masking to paint the black parts.
IMG_1844.jpg

On my 12" MC these parts look the same color as the boots toes.
IMG_1846.jpg

And the rest is black.
IMG_1847.jpg

Inside for a cleaner look
IMG_1848.jpg

Almost done
IMG_1849.jpg

Weathering and foamies are next.
IMG_1850.jpg

Thank you again for your support its really appreciated :)

All I can say is wow. Your eye for detail and the ability to execute those details is truly amazing. Thank you for giving us something to shoot for.

You've got some talent... by some I mean a crap load. Definitely sets a standard for the level of detail I want to achieve on my build. Keep up the awesome work.

Looking great. Can't wait to see the chest plate come together like the rest of you're parts.

Hi, a big progress update tonight :)

I rework the collar of the chest on the week-end. It was to high compare to my 12", I remove 7/8 of an inch.
IMG_1851.jpg

The change is subtle but the look will be perfect.
IMG_1852.jpg

I finished painting my chest tonight :) put some stickers on it and took some pictures just for you ;)

On the front, the gray foamies you saw earlier are painted charcoal metal flake the same as the boots toes.
IMG_1860.jpg

In the back, the upper details are charcoal metal flake and the bottom ones are flat black.
IMG_1861.jpg

A side view, you can see where I cut the chest in two pieces, its not in the right place but at the time I started this I wanted to keep as much of the details of the pep as possible.
IMG_1862.jpg

And for the first time ever :)

Me in my almost complete MarkVI
IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

There is no strapping done so far but its obvious I will need it. Still got the forearms to finish peping and the right thigh on the bondo stage.

But damn it felt good to put it on and see how good the sizing is :)

Tanks again for your great comments.

"But damn it felt good to put it on and see how good the sizing is" well now....The Sizing looks great as well as the chest plates, The detailing and the paint. hmm did I leave anything out. Oh and yes this should get moved out of the noob section. :D Can you say Elite

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I wish I had a UNSC sticker. Last night I was free-hand drawing the symbol on my Jorge chest with a sharpie because cutting out a stencil was too hard. I like that you have the 405th on the back too. Represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back