Darth Fett's Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Update:

So I've started on the helmet, just have one comment:

OH MY GOD THE PIECES NEVER END!!!! (Have like, 8 pages left to cut, and I already have a pile!)

0808081620afs4.jpg

Update:

So I primed and sanded those 4 detail pieces today. Gotta sand one of them a bit more (its getting late, so I've stopped). Good news is I bought 10 paintbrushes, so hopefully I'll get lots of fiberglassing done this week :D.

Also, just to be safe, after you prime/sand, do you prime again and then paint, or just paint?

I'm thinking of going with this camoflauge spray paint I saw, wearing it with a green or black jumpsuit. Add my own little flare to it I guess, we'll see!

after you prime then sand yo want to prime again, it gives a nice surface for the paint to hold on to.
can't wait to see more progress pics :D

I just finished My Helm, And I Resined it. Though I need to find my Paintbrush set again cause I used these Sponge brushes which soaked too much Resin up.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
I just finished My Helm, And I Resined it. Though I need to find my Paintbrush set again cause I used these Sponge brushes which soaked too much Resin up.
yes they do it waste alot resin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, thanks Paradox.

I'll try to have progress pics up asap, probably tomorrow after I glass the main chest pad again and the shoulders :D

Well, I'm updating at the UNGODLY HOUR of 0328. I have no new fiberglass updates, because its been raining, however, I'm telling you this at 0328 because:

HELMET!!!

032303.jpg

032300.jpg

Thanks Fett Man.

Looking at the helmet now, I realize near the front part, at the bottom, there's two folds going outward as supposed to inward (at least their parallel, lol). But meh, it's not worth the 14 hours of labor to do it again! :p

Thanks Magnum!

Alright guys, small update (good, but not much of one :p)

So I got paintbrushes, hooray! But, its been raining on and off all day, so no fiberglassing today :mad: ...tomorrow's a new day, with 10% less chance of rain! *Crosses fingers*

Finally, an update! :D

Woke up extra early this morning (at 0800 to meet some Air Force Officers), and got to work around 0930.

So: Main chest piece and upper biceps - FIBERGLASSED!

0813081048aac4.jpg

Hehe, thanks.

For both the comment and the models! Can't believe I forgot to thank you earlier :rolleyes

So:

Thanks to you, Belakor, Ral Partha, NZ-TK, Ruze, and Magnum for all the models/pep files/scaling formulas.

Think that everyone.

(Oh and thanks everyone else for being supportive ;))

Oh my God, two updates in one day!?

MAIN CHEST PAD PRIMED AND SANDED :D

DSCF1575.jpg

DSCF1574.jpg

DSCF1576.jpg

Now, would you guys suggest another layer of primer, then the silver paint, then black, or

Primer, Truck Bed Liner, Silver paint, then black?

I would say: a layer of bondo.

I looks a little uneven. I would use some bondo to make it even,sanded it again and then prime to see if its really even.

I wound be worried about the paint, what i would is:
- Grey Primer
- Silver Paint
- Clear coat
- Wet sand the clear coat (grind 1000)
- White primer
- Black Paint
- Clear coat
- Wet sand the clear coat ( grind 1000)

Its is THE way to paint your helmet in a realistic way. You will understand the first clear coat and the sand a soon as you will work on the battle damage ;)

Thanks guys :)

I would say: a layer of bondo.

Hehe, I was thinking about that. I'll see what I can do, parents aren't all that fond of me playing with chemicals. Somewhat a miracle that I even got fiberglass, lol.

But hey, worth a shot :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back