Dawn Under Heaven - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wood, drywall, styrofoam, paint, and other materials costed us in the neighborhood of $600. About what you'd expect for a quality suit of armor.

Wade what do you mean... they want to know about the drop pod not the suit... lol

Framing studs, nails, drywall, osb, glue, paint, foam and cloth. It was $200-250 for the whole pod.

If you actually just mean the seat, the bars, the weapon racks and that cylinder on top it was maybe only $100-140. Keep in mind they wouldn't be easy to put together without the shell :p.

Wade what do you mean... they want to know about the drop pod not the suit... lol

Framing studs, nails, drywall, osb, glue, paint, foam and cloth. It was $200-250 for the whole pod.

If you actually just mean the seat, the bars, the weapon racks and that cylinder on top it was maybe only $100-140. Keep in mind they wouldn't be easy to put together without the shell :p.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking about the suit and the pod together for some reason...

Armor Update: ODST Foam Shoulder

Hey Guys, it's been awhile but we defiantly haven't been lazy.

Wanted to post this pic of my progress of making the Odst shoulder out of foam.
Shoulder_Foam1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

hey dude, i was wondering, what's the price of those foam walls you use for your drop pod? is it around 8 bucks? or wha? cause i think it would be usefull for the fanfilm im going to make. on topic: you've done some mad work on your props. i hope this project turns out great, can't wait for the trailer!

hey dude, i was wondering, what's the price of those foam walls you use for your drop pod? is it around 8 bucks? or wha? cause i think it would be usefull for the fanfilm im going to make. on topic: you've done some mad work on your props. i hope this project turns out great, can't wait for the trailer!

We actually used sheetrock and wood for the walls, the pink foam was used for the seat structures and weapon racks.
They usually run for one sheet around 7 bucks.

I rember someone making a tutorial how to make a more heat-able heat box using aluminum foil and a heat lamp. it is turning out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back