Dawn Under Heaven - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Paper To Pod

In mid July we began work on our HEV drop pod. We knew if we wanted to build one from scratch, full scale with accurate detail, we had to go to the source.

halo3_114791963_Fullcopy.jpg

From the work done on previous film sets/props, we knew how valuable pink styrofoam was, and we were off to Menards.

IMG_1085.jpg

We work for weeks on scaled measurements, cutting pieces, and shaping them based on Bungie’s concept art and in-game models.

IMG_1095.jpg

Soon enough our pod was looking pretty damn close.

LauchPod001-1.jpg

We threw in some detail paint/props, an overhead light, and took this shot the night before shooting the teaser.

IMG_0091-1.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

It’s been one crazy ride this summer, and as we move into fall and winter we’ll be doing post on the teaser and major pre-production on the project itself.

Stay tuned for more from Gobotic.

-Wade

Now I'm waiting for two epic trailers, Operation Chastity and Dawn Under Heaven. >.>

Hey! I know that pink foam! I worked with it in Sculpture 101. o_O I hope you didn't have to do much sanding, cuz they're messy as hell... *shudders from memories*

Are you building the entire thing or just the inside part?

Just the inside for now. Lee's rotoshaping the outside of the pod and replacing it with a digital shell with sides and a hatch.

Hey! I know that pink foam! I worked with it in Sculpture 101. o_O I hope you didn't have to do much sanding, cuz they're messy as hell... *shudders from memories*

Not too much sanding, but I get what you mean, haha. Luckily for us we worked outdoors so we could be a little messy.

One of the main justifications for us is that ODSTs are like the balance between a Marine and a Spartan. We want a character that we can connect with emotionally, which isn't a Spartan's strong point. On the other hand we also want a bad-ass character. An ODST sets our character apart from the Troopers who accompany him in the story. But aside from being a cliche on the 405th, we want to tell our own story. And believe me, we won't let any of you down.

-Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back