Deployment FAQ

Yay teamwork!
anchorman-gif-3.gif

As a reminder, we need full body images, front, back, and both sides, in good lighting, in the Deployment Application.

We have been getting applications with no pictures or only one picture, and we have to put the application in hold until we get the necessary pictures to review your costume.

Question about I guess re-deployment.

Say I have made another suit that I know is more accurate than the first but is a different source material, do I reapply to get a higher costuming tier for this one and have Suit A be Tier 1 and Suit B be a different (hopefully) tier? Should I hold off and let the backlog of Deployment Applications settle down? Asking for a friend. That friend is me.

In terms of "Membership Level," once you're a Deployed member, you are a deployed member and the level and number of deployed costumes does not influence that standing. Once your first suit goes through and you get your Deployment ID number you have that number for life, regardless if you only submit one costume or 10.

Now, each suit you submit is judged individually, so it is possible to have multiple suits judged/graded and be given different grades for each. You can submit multiples and have a Tier 1 ODST, a Tier 2 Halo 3 Mark VI, and a Tier 3 set of Reach Mark V armor, but you will only ever get your one unique Deployment ID number.

Cadet I recently put in an application for a new suit, as I have already had a suit approved about 2 years ago. I noticed there was no option for previous deployment, and I had to enter 3 Deployment ID numbers again, even though I do already have one. I just entered my current ID number in all 3 slots, hope that's ok. Thought I'd let you know. Also, let me know if my photos are ok. I submitted 4 or 5, all taken outside in natural light with an as best as I could find neutral colored wall.

Benton your pictures were exactly what we would like to see in a deployment application.

As a reminder, we need full body images, front, back, and both sides, in good lighting, in the Deployment Application.

We have been getting applications with no pictures or only one picture, or only "action shots" which feature only small,parts of the costume or have pieces of the costume covered up and we have to put the application in hold until we get the necessary pictures to review your costume.

Remember:
Full Body.
Front.
Both Sides.
Back.
Neutral pose.

Once again, as a reminder, we need full body images, front, back, and both sides, in good lighting, in the Deployment Application.

We have been getting applications with no pictures or only one picture, or only "action shots" which feature only small parts of the costume or have pieces of the costume covered up and we have to put the application in hold until we get the necessary pictures to review your costume.

Remember:
Full Body.
Front.
Both Sides.
Back.
Neutral pose.

Attachments

• 100_2720.JPG
    100_2720.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 381
  • 100_2721.JPG
    100_2721.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 357
  • 100_2722.JPG
    100_2722.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 354
  • 100_2723.JPG
    100_2723.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 370
Also? Make sure your gear is complete. We see lots of times where when we ask about a certain part like toe caps or helmets etc. that people say they have them but they aren't on in the photos. We need to see it all!

Maybe I'm completely blind, but where is the application form at? I can't seem to be able to find it.

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb and found it. I was looking for "Forms" and it's under "Requests". Might want to consider changing the wording in the first post to make it a little clearer?

Does it need to be an actual character? or can it be an accurate multiplayer variant?

Deployment is not just for named Characters, it is for any costume that has a visual reference from an official Microsoft or Bungie Source. Multiplayer Armor absolutely fits that bill, and in fact comprises the vast majority of our SPARTAN armor applicants for Deployment.

How accurate does the under suit need to be?

Depends on the game and the armor set. A good rule of thumb is plain black is usually fine for Tier 1, more details for Tier 2, and for Tier 3 it needs to be as game accurate as possible.

Depends on the game and the armor set. A good rule of thumb is plain black is usually fine for Tier 1, more details for Tier 2, and for Tier 3 it needs to be as game accurate as possible.
I'm probably going to try to make it a little more detailed than black. I have never sewn anything before so it'll be fun to try something new. Probably not going to go too game accurate tho.

Not sure if this counts as necro-posting, if so- sorry. But if we do a game accurate costume but add details like color scheme and whatnot that are not necessarily halo inspired, would that be considered tier 2 or 1? If the armor is accurate but the paint job or something is unique.

Not sure if this counts as necro-posting, if so- sorry. But if we do a game accurate costume but add details like color scheme and whatnot that are not necessarily halo inspired, would that be considered tier 2 or 1? If the armor is accurate but the paint job or something is unique.

It would depend on the Color Scheme.

We consider custom paint jobs and color schemes for up to Tier 2, assuming the Fit and Construction are also at Tier 2. This can include Colors and patterns not seen in game, like Desert or Woodland Camo ODSTs, or SPARTAN Armor with color schemes that don't exactly follow the Primary and Secondary Color Breakdowns in Multiplayer Customization, or armor personalization or Graffiti ("Remember Reach," nicknames, logos, "nose-art")

If the Paint Job and Color Scheme are obviously "Out of Universe," such as using logos, emblems, or Paint Schemes from "Modern Earth" companies or other Franchises or Intellectual Properties (Like Over watch, Transformers, Star Wars, Mountain Dew, Microsoft) or is a "Mash Up" such as Armor painted in the same style or pattern as Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, for example, those Costumes are considered Tier 1.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back