Direct Halo ripoff in Samsung Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purrie

Just looked over at my tv and saw this:
Photo0043.jpg

Photo0041.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

The only thing they bothered changing was the shoulders... isn't this like a HUGE copyright thing against both Bungie and Microsoft? Either way this actually kinda angers me that they would try and play this off as their own thing...

WTF? What was this commercial about. OR what was it called? The chest plate looks exactly the same.

It's a new commercial for the Samsung GalaxyS phone, and holy damn is it a HUGE ripoff of Halo...

I gotta say though, I liked it and that armor looks amazing!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow- the part with the helmet was even cut when I saw it... can't Microsoft and Bungie kinda, like sue them for stealing their design? And on a side-not, I doubt they built that for the commercial so I'm curious as to where they bought it from...

Oh wow- the part with the helmet was even cut when I saw it... can't Microsoft and Bungie kinda, like sue them for stealing their design? And on a side-not, I doubt they built that for the commercial so I'm curious as to where they bought it from...
That's what I'm wondering...and as for the suit, who knows, maybe it's 405th material! :p

Worst. Ripoff. EVAR!

Seriously it looks like master chief gets attacked by predator in a starwars ship and fights him in his ship which is also from starwars.

Thats just sad.

Worst. Ripoff. EVAR!

Seriously it looks like master chief gets attacked by predator in a starwars ship and fights him in his ship which is also from starwars.

Thats just sad.
Hahaha its SO true!

And yeah, maybe it is some 405th material ha

Dunno, I don't have that great of an eye for these things, but my first thought was Rubies. This wouldn't be the first time one of their suits ended up as "un-sourced space warrior guy."

I honestly think that was one of the better Halo ripoffs that I've seen but as for the armor I doubt that someone here made it the chest is really different if you look at 0:13 compared to MC armor but I would say if Bungie did'nt give them permission to use a sort of MC look to thier commercial then Bungie has a good chance at winning in a lawsuit.

heres a thought...
they could have gotten permission from microsoft/bungie or whoever and made a deal.
its prob a digital commercial(no real aspects at all)
for reach hype

Just saw this on TV myself and had to see if there was a thread here.

Can't get much more of a ripoff than that. Looking close at the Mk VI under the mods, it doesn't look quite like a rubies supreme. The ab plate and cheek vents look too different and the shoulders are too narrow. The pieces all look like trimmed resin castings so not vinyl like a rubies. That means CNCing a model, scratchbuilding, or recasting of something. Definitely need more info.

Maybe the production team all wanted chief suits and sold the modded idea to some people who had never heard of halo?

All I can say is MS owns Halo, not Bungie. So it's not like Samsung can count on being able to get away with it because of superior lawyer funds. We'll see how this plays out.

they got PERMISSION from microsoft. they cant do it any other way.
its for MARKETING and ADVERTISMENT. its NOT a rip off.
Do you have proof of this? I'm not trying to call you a liar, so please don't take it that way- but the internet has taught me to always have hard-copies of proof :p

Wow =o

Honestly, the armor looked a tad bit bulky on the guy, but you can totally see the similarities between the two.

Do you have proof of this? I'm not trying to call you a liar, so please don't take it that way- but the internet has taught me to always have hard-copies of proof :p

Also, if they had permission from M$, there would be a small disclaimer somewhere on the vid stating: Halo and Master Chief are © to Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back