Does It Matter If You Used Tape Instead Of Glue When Pepping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only tae i know you can use is black eletrical tape, but other then that i think it will eat throgh pretty muh all other tapes

Even if the resin ate through the tape, would it still stay stuck together and maintain its shape?

I used scotch tape. And what if I only taped from the inside?

well, better off working with glue in my opinion... But I use tape on tize testers and stuff, but I'm not going to try that on resining though :D just my opinion

Haven't tried that yet, but electrical tape will be hard to use though I think. It kinda depends, are you making HD? or normal pep armor? if it's normal electrical tape is ok, according to Tett Man, electrical tape is safe with resin.

spartanX18 said:
But no matter what tape I use, when I resin it will it still maintain the armor piece's shape?

That really didn't make any sense.

Only use elecrtical tape, because resin will melt the others and your pep piece will fall at the wrong time. Electrical tape is strong, and resin doesn't eat through it. The electrical tape will keep the helmets shape ( ha ha that rhymed). But i think to be on the safe side, just use glue. Elmers school glue would work ( but not glue sticks), only for a 1 buck 50.

* This has already been discuss in another topic, please try searching more until you resort to the Q&A team*

Last edited by a moderator:
TheSpartanMjolnir said:
That really didn't make any sense.

Only use elecrtical tape, because resin will melt the others and your pep piece will fall at the wrong time. Electrical tape is strong, and resin doesn't eat through it. The electrical tape will keep the helmets shape ( ha ha that rhymed). But i think to be on the safe side, just use glue. Elmers school glue would work ( but not glue sticks), only for a 1 buck 50.

* This has already been discuss in another topic, please try searching more until you resort to the Q&A team*

Thanks a lot for your words of wisdom. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people keep saying resin eats through tape? >____<
I've used like 80 million different brands of scotch tape and packing tape on my armor and not once have I had any sort of problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back