Props Drop Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pod itself has pretty "simple" geometry... mostly flat sides. It shouldn't be

too hard to make a 3 sided model (L/R/Front) using a decent plywood. People make

video arcade cabinets in pretty complex patterns.

I think he can do it if he plans it out well. Heck, you could even mock it up

with a couple cardboard refridgerator boxes and some duct tape, to get an idea

of the scale you'd need.

It's do-able. :)

Dude, a full drop pod is so epic. I need to see some pics of this when you can get some. If I were you, I'd make it and put it on my front lawn and hide inside wearing full ODST gear then bust out of it really dramatically when someone walked by.

If I could get a full, accurate model of the pod from ODST, I would definitely get started on one of these. My dad's a woodworking pro and if I funded it, he'd definitely help me build one.

If you watch the "We are ODST" making of video, there's one shot of a rotating drop pod in 3D.

Using Power DVD it wouldn't be too hard to get some good reference pictures.

Rook said:
If you watch the "We are ODST" making of video, there's one shot of a rotating drop pod in 3D.

Using Power DVD it wouldn't be too hard to get some good reference pictures.

Uploading all the HD screenshots of that sequence right now:

We Are ODST reference

Drop pod reference is at the start of the set. There are more frames in the sequence but they're basically the same.

FYI a full size drop pod is a project I'll be starting up soon enough, already started on a SW model of it ;)

Edit: Even better, just created a set just for the drop pod reference:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belakor/sets/72157622526385876/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the HD shots Belakor, they should come in pretty handy!

Wow these things are 18 feet tall (according to Halopedia)!

That would make a scaled to action figure size somewhere around 14.25" tall... seems so big.

Mind-blowingly awesome references, Belakor!

Now I want to build a scale model drop pod..... Or maybe just make a copy of the seat as a gaming chair.

Belakor said:
Uploading all the HD screenshots of that sequence right now:

We Are ODST reference

Drop pod reference is at the start of the set. There are more frames in the sequence but they're basically the same.

FYI a full size drop pod is a project I'll be starting up soon enough, already started on a SW model of it ;)

Edit: Even better, just created a set just for the drop pod reference:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belakor/sets/72157622526385876/

Wow, thanks, Belakor. These would really come in handy if I ever started one.

dont worry underdogg we will be starting one very soon! and Those screenshots are awesome. just what i have been waiting for!

ODST 276 said:
Well if you are making it out of cardboard,it will be easy.

Yeah, and it will also fall apart.

Cardboard for costumes: yes.

Cardboard for setpeices: no.

The most simple way to do this would be to make the sides from the ground-level depth and up, with a seat inside and some various racks for gaming equipment. It'd make a great gaming chair, yes, but you have to remember they're 2 stories tall. My house isn't that big at the top of its roof.

Look here to get an idea of how big it still has to be.

And use wood. Cardboard is a horrid material for about anything, in my experience. Unwieldy substance it is. Not strong, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back