Duke's Custom Reach Suit Pep +photos!! *COMPLETE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtdives - Good idea, I'll just paint a piece of cardboard or something.

Update: If anyone is wondering why they got tagged..I just updated the armor file links in my first post and gave credit to the modeler or unfolder whichever was available. The only one I couldn't find in the armory was your Carter helmet Crimmson I feel like it might not of been uploaded because there use to be multiple Carter helmets and they might not have thought there was a need. I can give Art the file if you're okay with it. I feel like yours was quite different than the others and definitely deserves a place for others to see.

I've also updated the links for the materials I am using.
Sure if you got it. That file i pulled it myself and found it to be way different especially in the nose area. The carter is by far my favorite armor. I built that helmet and gave it away to my friend noe along with a noble 6 helmet.
I got something cooking on the burner an other mash up. This time from reach and halo5 hopefully it comes out good but i am stuck at work.
Good luck on your build.

Haha that reveal reminded me of the price is right....... "and a brand new car!" And I don't really know why?? Alright duke so helmet looks pretty dam good as is right now. Where's the next piece all done in primer?
I am a big fan of the price is right so I will take that as a compliment. :) I miss Bob Barker. :/
Well, I have been bondoing and sanding the parts that I have here and there. I've also still got some pep to do. But, for now I am going to focus on finishing the helmet, like 100%. I need something to pave the way, where I can show myself what it can look like and give me some motivation.

I don't suppose anybody noticed the "scratch pad" on top of the desktop PC? I mean, that's totally normal, right?
Yes.. Totally normal.

Sure if you got it. That file i pulled it myself and found it to be way different especially in the nose area. The carter is by far my favorite armor. I built that helmet and gave it away to my friend noe along with a noble 6 helmet.
I got something cooking on the burner an other mash up. This time from reach and halo5 hopefully it comes out good but i am stuck at work.
Good luck on your build.
Ooo... I will keep my eyes posted to your thread. :)

Well we all know that PerniciousDuke has a strange scene of humor........Did you model for that yourself Duke? Or is that part of the HALO calendar you proposed?
I'm pretty sure every one has a strange sense of humor, to you. :p
And I keep telling you... it is not a nude calendar!!! Tastefully provocative calendar.. with Spartans... fully clothed.. or armored I guess. :unsure:

Moving on:
I've started the painting process. I don't like half paint jobs so I will post again once fully painted. Here you can see that I am using the Vaseline method over top of the silver that I have painted. Thanks to Thom A293 for the push to try it. Very happy with the results.
20170620_175549_zpshb4snudj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I don't think it's that good. Is there even anything better than Papeesheewoosh? I'd be happy to get that.

Okay, here's one showing a painting trick I use...trash bags!
20170621_102715_zpsxgky47sf.jpg

And... If anyone compares me to a duck... I will kiss you. It would make you feel as uncomfortable as it would for me to be called a duck. (*I can already hear DD saying, "must resist urge to comment..." lol)

I'm just trying things here guys and galls. Might end up changing the bill, but I'm not really a fan of it being painted black like most versions of it. It is almost hard to tell it is even there when it is black.

No Schankerz PG-13! jeez. :)

Geeesh this is all going south pretty quick :lol: lol maybe the printer pic was a bad idea :p I like that orange ... I didn't see that color at my Walmart when I was looking. Otherwise I would have probably grabbed that one

You're blasting through painting awfully fast, eh? What else is gonna be orange?

And there is no greater word than Papeesheewoosh. The only word that comes even close is Asumandramaticanim, and even it cowers in the name of Papeesheewoosh.

SI3RRA 117, the printer pic wasn't the bad part, it was PernickolasDooke that was weird to have that...thing.

Ok that word is not in your dictionary......which hasn't been updated in a while. The pad doesn't faze me a bit......what ruffles my feathers is that he paints the section of the helmet, which is called the bill, orange and expects me not to comment on it......Sorry Mr McScrooge, I won't say another word........giphy (8).gif

Last edited:
Too much weathering? Yeah...the scratches look good, but the simulated dirt/mud is too much. Maybe try wiping it down with a little bit of spray cleaner would remove some. That's what I do when I do too much "mud"

Paint scheme looks good, though. Like yer...umm...visor cover. Definitely not a duck bill. :)

Lol, no the meow, mblackwell1002 .
I'm starting to think I'll never live up to your expectations. :p
For this character I'm going to leave it. (unless I get an overwhelming nay) When Dirtdives pointed out, back in the spot putty phase, that it looked like it was from an archeological dig, that got my thinking that is the direction I've been wanting to go.

If you've read my Spartan's bio, he's MIA and last scene behind enemy lines with his entire team dead. This guy isn't stopping though. Any Covenant outpost he comes across he destroys. He's using guerilla war tactics to stay alive, so he's not afraid to get a little dirt on his uniform. In fact, most of it is intentional. Not to mention that he has no where to get anything "reissued". I wouldn't be surprised if he's made some primitive mods to his armor to keep it going.

But, one thing I do like is that the structure of the armor is almost pristine, no serious dings or scratches to the metal, testament to the quality of Mjolnir armor. For some reason space paint still sucks though. ;)

Edit: I might sand down the brown just a little bit more. Btw, the black and brown wash came out 10 times more intense than this. But roommate gave me the nice idea to wet sand and it actually brought the white back.

Last edited:
On the other side I totally love how dirty the helmet is! :D
I like some areas where metal is showing through but others look bit too artificial, but it might be just me.
But I like the paint sheme and the dirty effects most definitely. <3

THIS IS THE GENTLEMAN PENGUIN HELMET, fellas. Not a duck anymore. It evolved!

Lol, no the meow, mblackwell1002 .
I'm starting to think I'll never live up to your expectations. :p
For this character I'm going to leave it. (unless I get an overwhelming nay) When Dirtdives pointed out, back in the spot putty phase, that it looked like it was from an archeological dig, that got my thinking that is the direction I've been wanting to go.

If you've read my Spartan's bio, he's MIA and last scene behind enemy lines with his entire team dead. This guy isn't stopping though. Any Covenant outpost he comes across he destroys. He's using guerilla war tactics to stay alive, so he's not afraid to get a little dirt on his uniform. In fact, most of it is intentional. Not to mention that he has no where to get anything "reissued". I wouldn't be surprised if he's made some primitive mods to his armor to keep it going.

But, one thing I do like is that the structure of the armor is almost pristine, no serious dings or scratches to the metal, testament to the quality of Mjolnir armor. For some reason space paint still sucks though. ;)

Edit: I might sand down the brown just a little bit more. Btw, the black and brown wash came out 10 times more intense than this. But roommate gave me the nice idea to wet sand and it actually brought the white back.
Yeah man, I'm sorry...I tend to be my own worst enemy when it comes to props. I like things looking as perfect as I can get them, resulting in me spending months on just leg armor and building 3 MC armors for myself :p. This is not my build. I'm sorry for taking my opinions a little too far.

But it does look good. Definitely a gentleman puffin/penguin/toucan. But it looks mostly like a penguin to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back