Soft Parts Easy hex pattern neck seal based on Blue Realm pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks real cool and I wouldn't mind trying it but are you able to move properly with it on eg. Looking up and down, and what not

It's not great for mobility, but good enough. The one I made out of foam instead of the hex material works better.

That looks a lot more comfy than the silicon ones that I've seen. Is it? Just wounded so I know if I want to get a silicon one or make one like this.

I may have to try this how well has it held up?

It's a little beat up. Definitely not as durable as the foam one I made for Mark VI armor.
There's a new hex pattern fabric coming from cosplayfabrics.com that would probably work a lot better.

It's a little beat up. Definitely not as durable as the foam one I made for Mark VI armor.
There's a new hex pattern fabric coming from cosplayfabrics.com that would probably work a lot better.

As cool as it might look, the pattern is VERY tiny, but the problem is with the material - it's leather-like.
From some people's experience, you will dehydrate very faster.

Just finished painting the neck seal wth Plastidip. I'll let it dry over night and see how it feels. Thank you for thread, it really helped!.
image.jpgimage.jpg

How breathable is your Aero-mat neck seal? It looks like there's some open spaces between the hexes, but that Plastidip on top has got to make it hot.

I used an old under armor shirt as an inner liner. I'm hoping that will help the durability and make it more breathable. DragonCon will be the test as far as heat goes.

I used an old under armor shirt as an inner liner. I'm hoping that will help the durability and make it more breathable. DragonCon will be the test as far as heat goes.

Hopefully it keeps cool. If it does I might try something similar one day.

How did it work out?

It works great! I spent six hours in costume, it was no more hot than what I am used to in my stormtrooper. I think the inner liner will help with the longevity being that the aero mat is not coming into direct contact with my skin or sweat.

It works great! I spent six hours in costume, it was no more hot than what I am used to in my stormtrooper. I think the inner liner will help with the longevity being that the aero mat is not coming into direct contact with my skin or sweat.

Awesome! I like the liner idea. I may re-make mine that way.

I've only used it on plasti-dip on metal and plastic, and it can rub off those. Does it rub off the fabric easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back