event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hosting a event, this is in no way a official 343 industries hosted event, only a fan event.

THE HALO COSTUMES AND COSPLAY NO TEMPLATES EVENT

the rules are simple:
no templates
no 3d printing
you canot mold something that was already made if it uses pep files templates or a 3d printer, However, you can mold what you made within this 8 week period if you wish
you have 8 weeks to finish a prop/costume/helmet/whatever.
if you use pep files/template/anything you not aloud to use, you will have a penalty of 2 weeks
YOU CAN NOT MAKE YOUR OWN TEMPLATES
reference pics are allowed

Sooo start freehanding because you only have 8 weeks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone - Just to be clear, this is not a 405th event. I don't want there to be any confusion. Members are certainly welcome to challenge each other to builds etc., however, this is not an event that is supported, run or overseen by any staff at the Division, Community or Regimental levels.

Any questions, please let me know.

Hello everyone - Just to be clear, this is not a 405th event. I don't want there to be any confusion. Members are certainly welcome to challenge each other to builds etc., however, this is not an event that is supported, run or overseen by any staff at the Division, Community or Regimental levels.

Any questions, please let me know.
this is correct, I only called it that so everyone would know it is on 405th and not being hosted anywhere else

That's actually my point, sax092 - it's not being "hosted" here. Word choices are important. Hosted implies that I've authorized it and that it is official. It is not, nor will it be. I don't have an issue with you posting about this or challenging members to join in on a build, although I am thoroughly confused about what the parameters are or what it is that the winner you choose gets aside from tickets. But I do have an issue with anyone mistakenly believing this is official due to words you have chosen. For example, someone "liking" your post, does not mean they are supporting the event. Perhaps they are interested. Perhaps they just think it's cool that you want to do this. Lots of times people give a post the thumbs up just to show they read the post. Point is there are a lot of things that thumbs up can mean. It isn't necessarily that they "support" your event.

I suspect you might get some involvement if you are a little more clear on things like start and end dates and what people are trying to win. From the categories you've set out, it sounds like you want people to build everything from an entire costume to a single costume piece. Given the vast differences in complexity and time they would take, are there different groups they will be judged in? Also, what are the criteria that you are judging on? What do people have to do in order to prove that they followed your rules? How complete does it have to be? Rough built? Fully strapped and wearable? 100% completed including paint?

I'm sure there are a lot more questions that could be asked, but I suspect that is enough to show my point. Perhaps flush out the details more and give people a better idea of what exactly they would be getting themselves in to.

That's actually my point, sax092 - it's not being "hosted" here. Word choices are important. Hosted implies that I've authorized it and that it is official. It is not, nor will it be. I don't have an issue with you posting about this or challenging members to join in on a build, although I am thoroughly confused about what the parameters are or what it is that the winner you choose gets aside from tickets. But I do have an issue with anyone mistakenly believing this is official due to words you have chosen. For example, someone "liking" your post, does not mean they are supporting the event. Perhaps they are interested. Perhaps they just think it's cool that you want to do this. Lots of times people give a post the thumbs up just to show they read the post. Point is there are a lot of things that thumbs up can mean. It isn't necessarily that they "support" your event.

I suspect you might get some involvement if you are a little more clear on things like start and end dates and what people are trying to win. From the categories you've set out, it sounds like you want people to build everything from an entire costume to a single costume piece. Given the vast differences in complexity and time they would take, are there different groups they will be judged in? Also, what are the criteria that you are judging on? What do people have to do in order to prove that they followed your rules? How complete does it have to be? Rough built? Fully strapped and wearable? 100% completed including paint?

I'm sure there are a lot more questions that could be asked, but I suspect that is enough to show my point. Perhaps flush out the details more and give people a better idea of what exactly they would be getting themselves in to.
when I said yelsanick0117 was supporting I meant that he is helping me get It organised and is posting it on facebook.

ten of the best cosplayers will make it into the draw, each person in the top ten gets five tickets.

I will be the judge and host

sax092 - Can you add more details to your initial posts / add a new post to help make this clearer?

As FANGS said - there is a lot of ambiguity with the current post(s) and it makes it hard to determine what is actually going on.

Things I know that I would like answers to:
- What is the drawing for?
- What are the tickets for?
- What is the judging criteria?
- Are you the only judge, or are there others?
- Are there different categories for prop types?
- Are there any restrictions on materials?

sax092 - Can you add more details to your initial posts / add a new post to help make this clearer?

As FANGS said - there is a lot of ambiguity with the current post(s) and it makes it hard to determine what is actually going on.

Things I know that I would like answers to:
- What is the drawing for?
- What are the tickets for?
- What is the judging criteria?
- Are you the only judge, or are there others?
- Are there different categories for prop types?
- Are there any restrictions on materials?
I could definetly make a new post event! questions and help

also I am stumped on the trophy, has anyone got an Idea?
From someone who plans group events and challenges, the prize is a bit further down the line of the list of priorities. First you want to focus on solidifying a few more of the W's. Get that Who and When down with a judging group and guidelines as well as a deadline. Solidify your actual rules and focus on prizing last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back