Fan Film thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from March 10 to May 4, life hit me pretty hard. Have a new baby that's exciting. And stressful. The pandemic has been great, too. Hope you're all doing very well.

So in regards to the script: Part 1 sucks noodles and I'm scrapping it. We need more character development, and I think the primary characters to focus on are the Spartan Kurt, and the Marines on the flight with him in part 2.

I'm thinking of starting Kurt right around the time he's accepted into Blue Team, while also including a scene where he's speaking to a therapist about some PTSD he's struggling with. Both of those things add an emotional connection to relate to, and are stressful/life changing events.

But what do you guys think? Are there any ideas out there? How would you most closely relate in this situation?

Sean Anwalt sounds like you've been leading an exciting life! Glad to hear you're still kickin though :)

I've not been involved in this project yet, but if it's open to 405th I'd be interested at peeping the script and then offering some thoughts about how I might relate to it if you like. I donno where I'd find it though, didn't find a link in this thread.

Well from March 10 to May 4, life hit me pretty hard. Have a new baby that's exciting. And stressful. The pandemic has been great, too. Hope you're all doing very well.

So in regards to the script: Part 1 sucks noodles and I'm scrapping it. We need more character development, and I think the primary characters to focus on are the Spartan Kurt, and the Marines on the flight with him in part 2.

I'm thinking of starting Kurt right around the time he's accepted into Blue Team, while also including a scene where he's speaking to a therapist about some PTSD he's struggling with. Both of those things add an emotional connection to relate to, and are stressful/life changing events.

But what do you guys think? Are there any ideas out there? How would you most closely relate in this situation?
I gave it a quick read and agree to start from where you are saying. If you don't want to totally scrap previous parts and want to do a "greatest hits" of those ideas, you can use his PTSD/ therapist visit to allow for flashbacks to give further context, short clips work well for this. Just enough to lend background without having to draw things out and slow story progress.

Hey I'm in the northern Colorado area north of fort collins. I was in the marines for 5 years MOS was 0311 infantrt. Sorry I'm late to the party but if you need a marine or odst I would love to give it a go especially if filming is in Southern Wyoming I have alot of experience being the disgruntled grunt or simulating pretending to fight battles as 99% of state side training is that lol. If it needs a specific costume for me to make I can start on that. I was about to start a movie quality ODST sniper build, but would love to help if i could.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, my friend! We'd love to have you involved!

Work on this has slowed down considerably, especially since I'm 1) lazy and 2) responsible now. But I for one am excited to see more people become involved.

We haven't cast any of the parts yet, but have ODST and Marines available, so take your pick. if you don't already have access to the script, let me know in a PM, we'll get you access.

I havent seen the script. Not 100% sure where I would look to find it so a point in the right direction would be awesome. I would love to give it a read. As for a character I can play im good at memorising scripts and stuff and when it comes to combat drills and such well that was my job for 5 years, I have alot of expierence with patrols and room clearing and such.

Hey, I am in the lower Montana area and would love to help out in the film in any way I can. I have some experience with camera work. I probably wouldnt be a great fit for acting or anything but I can help with behind the scenes stuff if you need. I just saw this thread so I haven't read through it yet but I wanted to get my name out there.

I havent seen the script. Not 100% sure where I would look to find it so a point in the right direction would be awesome. I would love to give it a read. As for a character I can play im good at memorising scripts and stuff and when it comes to combat drills and such well that was my job for 5 years, I have alot of expierence with patrols and room clearing and such.
Same here fam, I think we can pull some solid drills out for sure. I served with 3/1 and got out late 2017. What unit were you with, and when did you get out?

Sean Anwalt, if you need more bodies lemme know. I know a few guys around the Denver-metro area that I served with that could possibly be interested in helping out. Also I’ll pm my email to you rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back