Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bwahahah!!! that suit looks so Cool!! That is definitely a ton of hard work, done right! I'm planning on doing a build of that extreme quality as well, but yours will probably look better.:lol I'm going to have to try that under suit as well... It... it's..... it's just SO COOL! Also, I may have missed you say it, but where do you keep your knife? in one of the pics you're holding one... anyway, you've probably heard this a million times, but well done!

D'oh, I hope you can forgive me, my main experience with Halo has been singleplayer and I never paid much attention to the weapon holstering. It's a very good technique and I'll definitely use it for my own build :)

Oh, to me Halo is 95% singleplayer experience. :D (and 2% Halo 4 Spartan Ops&Multi, 3% Halo 5 multi)
That's no problem at all, we don't pay attention to all details and all.

bwahahah!!! that suit looks so Cool!! That is definitely a ton of hard work, done right! I'm planning on doing a build of that extreme quality as well, but yours will probably look better.:lol I'm going to have to try that under suit as well... It... it's..... it's just SO COOL! Also, I may have missed you say it, but where do you keep your knife? in one of the pics you're holding one... anyway, you've probably heard this a million times, but well done!

Thank you very much, happy you like it. :) Good luck on your build!
And I'm actually very happy you asked where the knife is stored, because it just proves that the knife is invisible unless you know where to look for it, haha.
I hide the knife inside the left thigh piece. Only a small part of it is visible, so I can always grab it and pull it out, but it makes the illusion it's just part of the armor.

knife.JPG

Actually, the magnetic holstering has been in all the games, not just the Halo 5 ads. I used big neodymium magnets in both the pistols and thigh armor.

Not sure if I missed it or not previously in the build thread, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. I can see this proving to be quite useful for many people, myself included!

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I keep saying, this is one of the most awesome builds I ever seen. You´re an inspiration for all of us. Can't wait to see it with the helmet :D

Wow...just holy freaking wow! That is an absolutely gorgeous build! I mean holy freaking hand grenades!

Didn't update for a very long time... was bit busy with other stuff, trying to get other things done.
But, at the end of November I was at a small fantasy convention in my town.

After that I put the armor away as it will need some repairs - I'll write about it soon, but I'm visiting my family now.

Anyway, I don't have my Magnum pistols anymore.
Since the accident with the Magnum on an event in October, I knew I couldn't use them anymore - way too brittle and too easy to damage.
That small con was the last con, then I retired them.
To answer why I don't have them anymore - I gave them away.
I had an idea. Since we European 405th are most active in Germany and I'm in Poland, I contacted Microsoft Germany and Poland asking if they wanted to have a pistol.
They were interested...
So I decided to make a gift package for each of them. I finished those grenades and send them equally same gift packages.
Magnum and grenade with such kinda in-character message.

WhatsApp Image 2016-12-19 at 2.12.37 PM.jpeg

Well, meaning I don't have any weapons... other than my fists of course.
I need a weapon.
Fear no more!
This is what I got for Christmas! Mattel's energy sword!
It's so amazing, fits perfectly! I'm not one of the taller people and this sword fits my height perfectly - it isn't too long or anything, so I can swing it or just hold it without fearing the tip of the blade could hit the ground...
It's really great, I'm positively surprised and I'll be using it as a prop as Palmer in the future.

WhatsApp Image 2016-12-24 at 11.32.jpg

Well, I have a sword now. I will wield it as Palmer, but I'll still get new Magnums next year.
New Magnums and rifles... and everything. o.o
Magnums are nice, but big rifles are so badass and cool too!

That's brilliant. If I'm not mistaken, Commander Palmer doesn't wear a visible knife in the game either.

Lore-wise GEN2 stores the knife in the forearm gauntlet. Physically - impossible as the knife is too long and the gauntlet would have to be extra huge to even fit the knife...
In the game the knife appears from the inside of Sparta's hand... -_-
So, it was the only solution I came up with. Storing it inside of the chest or other armor pieces was a no... so, thigh is quite easily accessible... seemed like a great solution.

This is awesome. I have learned so much. Thank you for this epic build.

Thank you very much. I'm also very happy you learned thanks to my thread!

Not sure if I missed it or not previously in the build thread, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. I can see this proving to be quite useful for many people, myself included!

-Matt

Thank you very much! Happy to help.

OMG I keep saying, this is one of the most awesome builds I ever seen. You´re an inspiration for all of us. Can't wait to see it with the helmet :D

Thank you! Really appreciate your words.

Wow...just holy freaking wow! That is an absolutely gorgeous build! I mean holy freaking hand grenades!

Thank you very much, I'm flattered!

I've been following your build from day one, and I must say, this is definitely the best, most game accurate, and most ambitious build I've ever seen! You did an amazing job, truly amazing! I'm gald the peperkua files got put to the best possible use ever. I havnt had time to read every post but I've been wanting to ask; did the files work out ok, where there any major flaws or anoying parts in how they flowed? This project alone is motovational enough to make me want to continue to 3d-model for this awesome community! I'm just looking out for some constructive critisisum on how I can imporve my next peperkura endever.

Keep up the the awe-inspiring work!

Um... Errr... Uhm... Hi.
Again.
Well... I wasn't really active and I dissipated a bit in the last few months. I am quite aware of that and I'm trying to change it now.
There was winter, meaning winter break, but well, I kinda started to disappear even before that.
Sorry. I'll try to change it now.
I won't really go into details to not bore anyone to death.

BUT, I've had some plans for this year. I was thinking of doing another costume. ODST or Master Chief were on my mind.
But I also wanted a Shore Trooper from SW: Rogue One (oooh, I fell in love with this design, this is the best trooper armor I've ever ever seen, so sexy oooooh <3 ).
In the end I threw away both ideas.
Why?
I want to rework on the Palmer costume I still haven't finished.

Of course I have to finish the helmet. That's the thing I MUST do.
BUT, I also want to re-work on majority of the costume... I want to add some details and well, repaint it... and try to fix an error which bothers me a lot - hoping I'll be able to fix it somehow without redoing whole chest.
I learned some techniques and tricks along the way and I am not satisfied with how the parts look like, especially the oldest I've painted.
Also, I rushed because I wanted to get it ready for the con.

I've already taken apart one shoe and I'll post an update soon about that why, what I'm changing there and all.

Soo... I'm back!

Also, last but not least Master Builder - I'm very sorry about not seeing your post earlier. I totally missed it and I'm seriously ashamed now... I have no idea what to say.
I am eternally grateful for you creating those files, without them I would have never done it and I may never thank you enough for those.
And reading your comment... wow, just thank you and I'm happy you like it and how it turned out.
As for the files, IMO they worked out perfectly. I just modified some things to suit myself better - I widened the inside of the thighs for better movement so I could crouch or sit without putting any stress on the part and all.
Oh, and I modified the shin too, to make the middle part wider, so the side covers aren't too big, but again - I have short legs.
I loved how accurate it overall is, but exactly same as your Master Chief. (I wanted to build it too this year!) It's insane how much detail and accuracy you achieved with those.
I'm sorry but I really don't have any constructive criticism... just thank you very much for your work on both Palmer and Chief. <3

Welcome back!

I forgive you for not being on. Mostly because I have had a long absence too.

I'm desperate. It's almost May and my helmet is still just the same as it's been since October... and I planned to have it finished by now. It's just the weather that sucks this year. :/
Two days ago it's been finally warmer. And I thought "damn, I think the spring finally came here!", but nope. It started raining, actually pouring in the evening, rained for 2 days... And it's been freezing again. ._.
But well, I'll wait for the weather, I guess. I'll be raining the whole next week as well, if nothing changes.

So here I am just sitting in the helmet, because it doesn't show my face expression and desperation painted on it.

I think I must suck it up and accept it, haha.

DSC02460.JPG

Hi....again.

A major overhaul on most of the armour AND the the completion of the helmet?! (Finally) Man....I ran out of popcorn watching this months ago...seems I've got to get even more...

Wanna coke and good movie too? ;)

Welcome back!

I forgive you for not being on. Mostly because I have had a long absence too.

Thank you and shame! How could you not be here the whole time?! >:[

I'm desperate. It's almost May and my helmet is still just the same as it's been since October... and I planned to have it finished by now. It's just the weather that sucks this year. :/
Two days ago it's been finally warmer. And I thought "damn, I think the spring finally came here!", but nope. It started raining, actually pouring in the evening, rained for 2 days... And it's been freezing again. ._.
But well, I'll wait for the weather, I guess. I'll be raining the whole next week as well, if nothing changes.

So here I am just sitting in the helmet, because it doesn't show my face expression and desperation painted on it.

I think I must suck it up and accept it, haha.

View attachment 242793

Wanna coke and good movie too? ;)

Thank you and shame! How could you not be here the whole time?! >:[
Good to see you getting back in the saddle, on the saddle?
Never mind
Looks great and I know the pain winter is closing in on me and I haven't even got to fibreglassing yet

Oooh, helmet looks vewy nice, vewy noice indeed!

Just saying, your wall of guns in the background is awesome (inclusive of action figures..*.cough cough*, I mean.. "Collectibles"). I'm jealous of that AR. :D

And how did you do that visor? it's blue, has a hexagon pattern and has the raised details...did you layer a vac-formed visor with one of Stony Props' tinted hexagon visors? Anyway, it looks awesome. nice work!

Good to see you getting back in the saddle, on the saddle?
Never mind
Looks great and I know the pain winter is closing in on me and I haven't even got to fibreglassing yet

Back on track, haha.
Damn, get to it... Fiberglassing in the cold isn't fun. :(

Oooh, helmet looks vewy nice, vewy noice indeed!

Just saying, your wall of guns in the background is awesome (inclusive of action figures..*.cough cough*, I mean.. "Collectibles"). I'm jealous of that AR. :D

And how did you do that visor? it's blue, has a hexagon pattern and has the raised details...did you layer a vac-formed visor with one of Stony Props' tinted hexagon visors? Anyway, it looks awesome. nice work!

Haha, thanks! The beautiful AR is by the master kaween! :D
And well, what can I say, I'm a collector in secret. It's my pleasure room... or space. Full of figures and stuff. :lol:

The visor? It looks like this upon closer look.

It isn't a vacuum-formed visor. I've been experimenting with creating visors without vacuum-forming table.
The visor is actually very flexible, so it won't crack or break as I used a very flexible material and formed it with heat gun. I made a form for the visor.

I've experimented with how people spray the visor and hex-pattern with chrome and it worked kinda ok, but not really.
Spraying hex with chrome works fine. Chroming the inside made it very hard and difficult to see through, spraying made the view seem very foggy PLUS you could easily still see my eyes.
Good alternative was when I tried instead coating the inside with chrome, I tried a one-side mirror film. It worked out MUCH better, much clearer view and no visible eyes.

As I said, chroming hexagon pattern is fine. But I didn't really like how silver it looks on the blue visor and it kinda bothered me. It literally looks silver on blue/orange, etc. It may seem different on photos/videos, but in reality it looks so.

It's a isn't the best comparison (I dulled and rubbed on the hex on purpose to make it worn out to accompany the cracked and damaged look), but here on the top is my final visor and on the bottom is the visor with one-side-mirror film and hexagon chromed.
I dunno, personally I wanted the hexagon pattern be rather subtle and kinda like part of the visor or inside, not on top. So now I have the shine from the flexible blue foil on top, and hexagon inside, still showing through from multiple angles. :)

visor.jpg

Oh, and even with one-side mirror inside and chromed hex pattern outside - you can easily scratch it off (I used the chrome recommended by Impact Props and other makers, don't remember the name of it). Sure, spraying it with clear coat is possible, but it distorts the view a little bit...

Here is my attempt of both normal and cracked visor:

Then I got the hex material from Icon Props and it worked out nicely, but I didn't fully like the shiny 'plastic' effect it had [photo here-not the best example]. But it had hex!
And actually, it may not be seen, I didn't expect the visor to be so dark when you want to look through it.
Some time passed and I tried both visors - my own and put the hex-material inside.
Worked out perfectly.

This is how I made the visor, what I used and all:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the visor idea. I've been toying with the idea of getting the icon props film but I always thought it looked too filmy or thin .....umm I don't know how to explain it. I like your idea it keeps the hex pattern subtle but adds depth. It's all tough to explain in words haha Either way what you've come up with works and looks awesome

Lucky for me winter is not that cold
Nothing a plastic box and a hair dryer can't fix
The visor looks good and is the helmet as smooth as it looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back