[FINISHED!!!]] Halo Reach Armor (Foam and Fiberglasbuild)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shins are finished. its the second try but now the scale works great.
i uploaded the file i used and the edits ive made in the template to work with foam. hope this helps

The template i used and edited: Foam shins V2
but be carefull with the angles of some parts...

IMG_20120620_230908.jpg
IMG_20120620_230921.jpg
IMG_20120620_230943-1.jpg

From what I've seen here, you're showing significant improvement as your foam work is getting progressively cleaner. Great job so far!

I agree with Carpathiavh those shins are looking nice and clean man.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

so, iam back with some updates. today i nearly finished the sanding process of my helmet. i gut out the head-seal in back of the helmet and take some pictures to descripe my next step. i hate it that the hole in the helmet is to tight in all helmet files... you have to cut out a large piece to get your head inside the helmet. but on the reach helmet i will work with a hinge on the back of the helmet. this gives me the chance to get inside the helmet without losing the tight look.
(i know... bad description :D )

IMG_20120624_125507.jpg
IMG_20120624_125315.jpg
IMG_20120623_200325.jpg

IMG_20120624_125524.jpg
IMG_20120624_125517.jpg

btw. the hinge on the 3rd picture will be hide inside the helmet. for the lock mechanism i will use magnets. on the next weekend i will complete the helmet modifications and start the painting process.
hope you like the idea or have some critic

so i managed to go the the electronic store and buy the electronics for the helmet and torso. 20 LED in blue and 6 LED in white for the Helmet.
i drilled the holes for the led dips and prepared the the lock mechanism on the backside.

IMG_20120630_172530.jpg
IMG_20120624_125834.jpg

the battery for the electronic will be placed in the front part of the torso. there is much space to use and this is the best position for the energy source for the LEDs in the thighs, torso and the helmet. the cooling fan will be placed in the back of the helmet near the hinge for the lock menchanism. i will try to build a vent shaft on one side to get an air circulation.

the electronic in each armor part will be connected with an wireconnector which is removable. hope i have enough time to build the complete electronic system.

an other update is the plasti dip i get yesterday. i get 2 cans of plastidip 400ml and will paint the foam parts as soon as possibile. the helmet needs the base color and the color stripes/decals.

because of my exam iam very busy and the updates move on on the next friday.
this time ive got an update for my neckseal. i create a 3d modell and unfolded it.
you can use it as well and can try it out. the scalling is very easy because you have to messure the circumference of your neck and can combine it with the messures of the modelled cylinder ;)

front-1.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/z4dLFobq/neck-seal_2.html

iam looking forward to make this out of leather on the next weekend.

so... ive got a few updates.
i drilled some holes in my helmet for details and the air flow.
i also try to get the details of the original helmet from Jun and i try my best.

IMG_20120724_202302.jpg

here is what ive got so far... tomorrow the edges from the white polystyren will be sanded to the level of the surface and will continue with my helmet. maybe i will paint the base color tomorrow.
IMG_20120724_202127.jpg
IMG_20120724_183523.jpg

i also get my visor today. i will try to follow the visor tutorial here on the board
$(KGrHqZHJC!E-kTSe!V5BPyQ!Wikz!~~60_12.JPG

das visier verklebe ich nicht und werde es im gegensatz zum ODST helm etwas besser einbauen.
werde dafür das visier etwas biegen mit sanfter hitze und zeit, da es sonst milchig wird.
danach einpassen und fixieren. zur befestigung werde ich [IMG=http://www.huethaus.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/schlagmutter_1.jpg]schlagmuttern[/IMG] einkleben und das visier damit fixieren. so sind von außen keine schrauben zu erkennen.
die ränder dichte ich mit pattex "power knete" ab. ist wie das epoxiclay aus amerika und kann man nach dem aushärten schleifen.

Nicht schlecht frage nur weil mein Visier absolut nicht so sitzt wie Ichlaut möchte.
Habe mir auch schon dein Vac-Forming Video angeschaut. Wie dick sollte so eine Platte sein?

kommt drauf an was du machen möchtest.
mit polystyrol kannst du eig alles tiefziehen, sollte aber nicht dicker als 1mm nach meiner erfahrung sein. musst du aber im zweifel austesten.
polycarbonat gestaltete sich in kleinem umfang als schwieriger als ich dachte, funktioniert aber mit 0,5 bis 0,7 mm einwandfrei. lass dir aber beim erhitzen zeit, sonst wirft das polycarbonat schnell blasen

Hey Bud. I like the vents you put in your helm. Very cool.

thanks ;) it was worth the time.
today i started with the first layer of the PVA on the foam to get a nice surface for the paint process. looks like that its much better ánd really cheap in comparison to the expensive Plasti Dip

update :D
iam done with most of PVA process... iam really love pva (i used Ponal: a german wood glue brand).
IMG_20120731_134151-1.jpg

i also installed the visor:
IMG_20120726_220532.jpg

IMG_20120726_220546.jpg

IMG_20120727_130722.jpg

IMG_20120731_160024.jpg

Hui, ich hätte hier früher, bzw. öfter reinschaun sollen!

Your foam armor looks great! I'll probably do one with foam next year (probably a new one from the Halo 4 game)
Where did you get foam mats from?

so, iam back with some updates. today i nearly finished the sanding process of my helmet. i gut out the head-seal in back of the helmet and take some pictures to descripe my next step. i hate it that the hole in the helmet is to tight in all helmet files... you have to cut out a large piece to get your head inside the helmet. but on the reach helmet i will work with a hinge on the back of the helmet. this gives me the chance to get inside the helmet without losing the tight look.
(i know... bad description :D )

IMG_20120623_200325.jpg

btw. the hinge on the 3rd picture will be hide inside the helmet. for the lock mechanism i will use magnets. on the next weekend i will complete the helmet modifications and start the painting process.
hope you like the idea or have some critic

Thanks man, this is the picture/solution I was looking for! Wondered how to reattach the back part of the helmet, you showed me how. :)

What's that Pattex thing? Epoxy?
IMG_20120726_220532.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back