[FINISHED!!!]] Halo Reach Armor (Foam and Fiberglasbuild)

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i ordered a voice amplifier and micro speakers. i want to add a voice output of my own voice because everyone know the damn problem, that no one can understand you with the helmet on :)
hope that the i get the mail soon because i only have the weekend to add the voice changer.

sounds interesting, that's really some advanced stuff you're doing here, has someone else ever installed or even thought of such a nice improvement? :p

yeah, this guy:

i want to do this as well and its work fine. but the idea is from an other video which i saw 2 month ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The leather work looks great! Do you have more pictures of it?

Also.. The girl who you are touching her butt.. Cutie!! Hahaha

Wie du der ollen am arsch gegriffen hast du schlwaiener !!! :D

LOL, sehr charmant ausgedrückt! xD

yeah, this guy:

i want to do this as well and its work fine. but the idea is from an other video which i saw 2 month ago.

Nice, it definitely works very well :)

The leather work looks great! Do you have more pictures of it?

Also.. The girl who you are touching her butt.. Cutie!! Hahaha

The girl is a real cutie! ^_^

yeah ;) her ass was really nice. the funny thing about it is that she asked me to grab my ass. i said "sure" but only if i can do the same to her ;)

very nice job! Could you please tell me where you sourced all your blue LEDs from? Possibly the amplifier as well. Seems im going to be needing it for sure!

Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying what an amazing job you've done on your armor thus far. Stuff as high of quality as this is certainly an inspiration to all of us. You included some great features as well in your build, such as the hinged back of the helmet and the led's throughout the body, and they certainly make it shine bright (pun intended). It also looks as if you're trying to make some improvements, like the neck seal and voice amp, and so far they're looking great. I'm extremely interested to see how you do your amplification system, as mine was a home-built one with my friend, and I'm curious to see how it stacks up to a bought one. Anyways, I know it sounded really formal :3 but keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see how you keep making this even more awesome!

Thanks both of you ;) im glad to here it.

very nice job! Could you please tell me where you sourced all your blue LEDs from? Possibly the amplifier as well. Seems im going to be needing it for sure!
i bought the LED on ebay. the 50LED pack for 9€ incl. tax post paid.
the amplifier is a little complicated.

a few month ago i read an article in a german modelcraft magazine. they talked about the improve of an micro controller which make the voltage and the amperage constant so the LED can be connected in series of up to 3LED / Chip.
just place the Chip everywhere in your armor and connect it with the battery. and its done. 10 Chips for 3€. Its something like this piece: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/...SHOP_AREA_17357&promotionareaSearchDetail=005

Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying what an amazing job you've done on your armor thus far. Stuff as high of quality as this is certainly an inspiration to all of us. You included some great features as well in your build, such as the hinged back of the helmet and the led's throughout the body, and they certainly make it shine bright (pun intended). It also looks as if you're trying to make some improvements, like the neck seal and voice amp, and so far they're looking great. I'm extremely interested to see how you do your amplification system, as mine was a home-built one with my friend, and I'm curious to see how it stacks up to a bought one. Anyways, I know it sounded really formal :3 but keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see how you keep making this even more awesome!

Really thanks. I want to improve the helmet because everyone cut out a large hole for the neck. its was ridiculous to cut the part out which can be re attached as well. i watched the real life trailer of halo reach and there is the idea.
the voice amplifier is really coole. thanks for the idea on youtube. i hate the moments when noone can understand your voice :D
http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/...erzerrer-MK171-Bausatz-9-VDC/2405010&ref=list

its very cheap and all you need is a speaker and the battery. the pack came in a back like a puzzle and you have to attach all pieces on the board. the micro is connected with wires. this gave me the possiblity to relocate the mic on the diffrent position than the voice amp.

pictures and the voice test coming soon ;)

I just seen you're helmet all painted turned out looking great, as well as the chest plate.

the voice amplifier is really coole. thanks for the idea on youtube. i hate the moments when noone can understand your voice :D
http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/...erzerrer-MK171-Bausatz-9-VDC/2405010&ref=list

its very cheap and all you need is a speaker and the battery. the pack came in a back like a puzzle and you have to attach all pieces on the board. the micro is connected with wires. this gave me the possiblity to relocate the mic on the diffrent position than the voice amp.

pictures and the voice test coming soon ;)

That thing looks kinda big, you have enough room in your helmet for the voice amp? or where do you plan to place it? Can't wait for the sound test :D
Have you thought about installing a barely visible camera to your helmet, so you can capture your spartan-adventurese? or what about a nightscope? XD

a nightscope? :D you are kidding me, do you?

a camera game in my mind. but not in the helmet (the camera is way to big) but inside the chest piece. just gut a hole for the lense and then record :) this would be great. but not until the promotion is over :D

They have cameras small enough to mount in the helmet, especially in the center of the brim or replacing one of the lights, without causing any problems.

As for the voice amp, if I could suggest, use the two spires on the shoulders of the chest/back armor. The inset at the top is the perfect place for a heavy mesh with the speakers behind it. That way, it still sounds like it is coming from your head. All you need is a PTT button in your glove to avoid the feedback.

a nightscope? :D you are kidding me, do you?

a camera game in my mind. but not in the helmet (the camera is way to big) but inside the chest piece. just gut a hole for the lense and then record :) this would be great. but not until the promotion is over :D
Well, I wasn't too serious with the night scope :D

Well, just in case you don't know, there are some realy cool affordable HD-cameras out there that take videos in 720p (latest version in 1080p?) in a pretty good (sufficient) quality, that have just the size of a keychain. This small camera is called key cam 808.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mini-DVR-808...l_Video_Reco rders_Cards&hash=item2a1721820c If you decide to buy one, make sure to just buy from this seller. (eletoponline365) There are plenty of cheap copies (or old ones)of this cam that all have minor quality (of course)
I have one of these at home + a wide angle lens. The original intention was to install it on a RC quadrocopter or helicopter and fly up high in the sky and take some nice pics and videos of my hometown from about 1km height, yeah well, never found the money to buy one ^^

Here are 2 videos taken with the cam: one from high above, the other from a bycicle

I guess you can find a spot for this cam in the helmet, but the chest is also high enough, as long you don't place it at the toe area ;)

They have cameras small enough to mount in the helmet, especially in the center of the brim or replacing one of the lights, without causing any problems.

I kinda thought of the same idea, but it doesn't look good when a light is missing, especially if they are turned on. To decrease site even more you could just remove the plastic cover

okay, the voice amplifier is very annoying. the quality is worster than i thought and the microphone have some issues. i also need a better speaker :D this is really annoying ^^
but the reach assault rifle and my new battleknife is going on. here are the results so far. i hope i can finish the AR until saturday.

th_IMG_20121028_142050.jpg th_IMG_20121028_135643.jpg th_IMG_20121028_125346.jpg

i want to seal the surface of the styrofoam to get a better painting result. i also want to make the nerf gun mod demountable. i hope the AR turns out great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back