First Build: Fallout 3 T45-D Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear DarkRider, I will pay you to make me one of these!

Haha thanks for the kind words. I'd probably die if I had to make another one of these :p. So much work!

Dude, that is really heart-wrenching...
I hope you can salvage most of it, Good luck and, jeez, sorry for the loss.

After reading this i also noticed, mine are outside in an outdoor covered area that has 2 windows and a standard size door that is open...

Yeah, I only lost the cod and one shoulder, the helmet and other shoulder warped a little bit, but the shoulder can be fixed with bondo and the warping on the helmet is only noticeable if you look at it from the top or bottom, and I fixed most of it with a hair dryer, so everything turned out alright.

The only problem I'm having is that I still have quite a bit of resin and fiberglass work to do and I'm running out of hot days here, if I can't get it done soon then I'll have to wait until next spring to start up again, and that would kill me. So I have to get my a** in gear and really try to crank out this resin work.

Is it possible to speed up the resin drying by holding a hair dryer to it for like a half an hour?

Wrong Page! :p

Haha no problem man.

Anyways I haven't really updated this thread for a long while, so here's what I've done over the past few weeks.

Rondoed and glassed shins:
DSC02574.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

3/4ths glassed elbows:
DSC02572.jpg

Here is the helmet, the back half glassed. The water damage caused the warping you see in the picture, and its only really noticeable from that view. I'll probably end up fixing it with the hair dryer trick.
DSC02571.jpg

Rebuilt the destroyed shoulder:
DSC02570.jpg

New boots (Yes I know they're Enclave but 99% of the people who will see this won't know):
DSC02569.jpg

And I have the new cod cut out, no picture because pictures of cut out paper are no fun!

Enjoy guys.

Hey I love fallout 3. It is amazing. I love your work. It's PIMP-TASTIC! I can't wait to see your bouil all finished up. I am currently working on my first build. And have been going hard on it. It's a Halo build though. Nothing as epic as this!

Hey, sorry if this is ressurecting :p
I'm looking to make my own T45D armour and I have to thank you for the helpful links and stuff that you've put up

and Really good job so far!

This is looking very awesome. I'm working on a set as well, and was wondering if you had a link to the boots? I've got everything but them.

those look sick. i was wondering if you could send me the link were you got those boots cus i still need boots for my t45d. I was thinking of using iron man stile boots but they dont look right. check my suit out at

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while huh? I had to take a break because of school, sports, and clubs. Regardless it's too cold in the winter here to do anything without a heatbox. I've been doing some more work here and there as of late, nothing noteworthy though.

DSC02623.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

It looks a bit off, but only because I couldn't get the pieces to stand up right.

I'm setting a deadline for this project, which will by July 15th, hopefully I'll be done by then, and then I can start on ODST suit that I want to make for NY Comic-Con. There may be updates in the coming weeks, but I can't promise anything, once school starts slowing down, which it has, I'll be working on this much much more.

The break was a good thing though, I was getting sloppy, plus it gave me more time to grow into the suit!

Hey I love fallout 3. It is amazing. I love your work. It's PIMP-TASTIC! I can't wait to see your bouil all finished up. I am currently working on my first build. And have been going hard on it. It's a Halo build though. Nothing as epic as this!
Thanks!

Hey, sorry if this is ressurecting :p
I'm looking to make my own T45D armour and I have to thank you for the helpful links and stuff that you've put up
and Really good job so far!
No problem man, send me a PM so I can see what you've made!

This is looking very awesome. I'm working on a set as well, and was wondering if you had a link to the boots? I've got everything but them.
Thanks dude!

those look sick. i was wondering if you could send me the link were you got those boots cus i still need boots for my t45d. I was thinking of using iron man stile boots but they dont look right. check my suit out at
Thank you for the kind words, your suit is shaping up pretty well too, nice pepping!

As for the boots, I'll see if I can find a link, but I got them a while ago, so no promises. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Well look who came back from the dead, I almost started planning a funeral for you ;) . It's good to see you back man, hope school is going well for you. Everything is looking really nice and I can't wait to see it all finished!

Well look who came back from the dead, I almost started planning a funeral for you ;) . It's good to see you back man, hope school is going well for you. Everything is looking really nice and I can't wait to see it all finished!

Haha thanks for the kind reply dude! Your stuff is coming along great, and I like your Dragon Priest mask!

This is simply amazing! I'm looking forward to the finished product.
I stumbled across Roadwarriors pep files a little bit ago, but it didn't seem to have the helmet...

Nice build , it's motivate me to go over my T45 ;) I also got the Roadrunner file but on pepakura the shoulder seems to be different, did you use the Roadrunner one or not ? ( your look better in my opinion :) )

I started playing Fallout 3 again, saw the T45, searched the webs, found this thread and was instantly inspired. What codpiece are you using Darkrider? It looks different from Roadwarriors pep.

The thread died a year ago as far as I know necro posting is frowned upon
Not everyone enjoys the game or excellent costume making at the same time. To hell with those that 'frown' upon people not commenting in a timely manner on this or any excellent armour build. They have way too much time on their hands.

I assume the OP never completed the build, but his work that he did show is very impressive. I'm about to start a power armour build myself, now that the excitement of Fallout 4 is upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back