First progress on flying_squirl pep helmet by DoC ByTeS

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbytes

People have been asking about my progress and if I had anything in the making. Well, here is the helmet I'm working on.....

Let me know what you think, I will be molding it in the end to make duplicates.

DoC

<div align="center"><div align='center'>

</div>
</div>

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job man. Did you use pep as the base or did you mold it by hand, and are you doing the rest of the armor? Either way great job.

-Matt

Zaso117 said:
very very nice. What are the black parts on the crown? is it just fiberglass/bondo?

Fiberglass jelly and black primer. Thanks BTW.

Looks real nice DoC. Gonna pick up some of this stuff tommorow after work and go to town on my MKV helm this coming week.

Nomadic Spoon said:
How does the fibreglass jelly work? Seems to look good...

And how much does it cost?

When a get a chance I'll do a mini-tutorial of the fiberglass jelly. Fiberglass Jelly is made by BONDO and is mixes like bondo. The main differ is that it is strictly I fiberglass. The price of the jelly is around the same as an equal size can of fiberglass or bondo.

Very, very nice Doc. I hope this doesn't sound as creepy posted as it does in my head but the pics make me want to pick it up pet it. Just a little rub. Anyways, what brand of black primer are you using? I hear some types are a pain in the burro to sand down.

there you are!!! for some reason i couldn find this damn thread. :oops: i know you know this but it looks amazing!!!! thanks for making the helmit look so damn good!!!! :not worthy: :lol:

bdw, which version is this one? it looks a bit like the second last one but im not sure.

flying_squirl said:
there you are!!! for some reason i couldn find this damn thread. :oops: i know you know this but it looks amazing!!!! thanks for making the helmit look so damn good!!!! :not worthy: :lol:
bdw, which version is this one? it looks a bit like the second last one but im not sure.

You would be correct on which version I am using, and thanks again for the praise! I hope I can make it look as good as your final version.

Well, I finally managed to find this thread, Doc. You asked for my opinion on your work, so here goes...

It looks great, buddy! I see you're using the same materials and technique as Spase did for his helmet build. It definately works, and looks awesome. I look forward to seeing the finished product... ;)

spase actually used metal glaze, amd DoC is using fiberglass jelly (right, DoC?)
Anyway, AWESOME job dude, I see that the bang-up job you did with the hand plates wasn't any fluke!

blakiki said:
spase actually used metal glaze, and DoC is using fiberglass jelly (right, DoC?)
Anyway, AWESOME job dude, I see that the bang-up job you did with the hand plates wasn't any fluke!

Thanks and I'm glad to see somebody has been reading my posts completely ;) . You are right I use fiberglass jelly instead of the metal glaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back