First Project, Stormtrooper Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eljosh

This was my first try at making a helmet. I made few first timer mistakes, that I can hopefully fix in a later step.

I hate to be the one to say this but, pics or it didn't happen.

anyways, hopefully see it soon, stormtrooper helms are awesome.

Just delete the http that shows up when you paste the link. Anyway good luck on your project.

yea, down around the mouth was crazy. but it turned out fairy well. i resined most of it tonight and it's drying now.

I have a question. is there a way to make the helmet bigger? because my helmet is about half an inch or so too small all the way around.

hmm.. should have tried it on before resin. go to your 2d menu in pepakura designer and select change scale, somone else should be able to elaborate but you sould try to make the helmet size slightly bigger than you think because you still need padding/other customisation

Just FYI: 300mm tall is a good scale for that helm. you will have to do a lot of re-arranging thouhg. Looks pretty god for first time, just take your time and be really careful. Can't wait to see version 2!

yea, rearranging was a slight pain. but I got all them on a page. And I think I got the scale around 300mm. Cutting takes sooo long. but should go smoother now that I know which way some pieces bend.

yea, rearranging was a slight pain. but I got all them on a page. And I think I got the scale around 300mm. Cutting takes sooo long. but should go smoother now that I know which way some pieces bend.
I find that to be really helpful too. I usually pep twice, once for a rough scale and the second time to perfect it. Plus you have something already built so finding where all the parts go is a LOT easier. Excited to see this!

I find that to be really helpful too. I usually pep twice, once for a rough scale and the second time to perfect it. Plus you have something already built so finding where all the parts go is a LOT easier. Excited to see this!

Holy cow! How could you have the patience to do an entire suit twice! I just measure the part the piece is going on in about 5 or 6 different ways before printing. And since I dont have a key, I sometimes leave designer open for days at a time. to re-print messed-up parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back