1st Build First Reach themed Build

So not much progress has been made since last. I haven't ordered any filament. But I just wanted to see if any else has seen the mini trailer for the halo series??? Look at what I noticed!! I'll be wearing mine during every episode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-131450_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-131450_Instagram.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 166
Currently thinking on making the MKVII chest piece to go with my Reach armor, I've been seeing a lot of cool builds and I am about to rebuild my suit. I might just put some acrylic over the prints to get a smoother paint job, and I might make to cuts in the thighs to prevent rubbing. The boots still need to be reprinted, but I might do foam for those, and I just seen a really cool flexible abdominal piece.
Who currently has complete 3D files of the MK7? I know the Makyr, anyone else?

Currently thinking on making the MKVII chest piece to go with my Reach armor, I've been seeing a lot of cool builds and I am about to rebuild my suit. I might just put some acrylic over the prints to get a smoother paint job, and I might make to cuts in the thighs to prevent rubbing. The boots still need to be reprinted, but I might do foam for those, and I just seen a really cool flexible abdominal piece.
Who currently has complete 3D files of the MK7? I know the Makyr, anyone else?
Moe has the MKVII chest on thingi!

Just came back from a local event that took place here, made a few changes to the suit and only had one malfunction which was the cod piece. I did not wear the boots to the event, these are for getting into a tier. The security shoulder was competed last night, all that's left to do before the next con is to throw resin on all the 3D prints, repaint, do better way to attach chest and back ( I'm just sliding into it), cut into the thighs and add foam to prevent rubbing, and resize boots.
And I need to finish painted magnum, and wrist utility.

Attachments

• image000005.jpg
    image000005.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 158
  • image000002(1).jpg
    image000002(1).jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image000003(1).jpg
    image000003(1).jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Just came back from a local event that took place here, made a few changes to the suit and only had one malfunction which was the cod piece. I did not wear the boots to the event, these are for getting into a tier. The security shoulder was competed last night, all that's left to do before the next con is to throw resin on all the 3D prints, repaint, do better way to attach chest and back ( I'm just sliding into it), cut into the thighs and add foam to prevent rubbing, and resize boots.
And I need to finish painted magnum, and wrist utility.
And it pains me to say, I have sold my 3D printer. I was debating this for awhile after I completed my build. I just haven't used it much after, I made a few different cosplay items but nothing worth keeping it. So I did not get a chance to build the Mk7 chest.

Made the local news! I did not talk to them, mostly because I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to hear me. So yesterday I purchased a voice Amplifier. I just can't seem to get the microphone in the helmet to work, so I'll wait until I meet someone who's willing to do it for me.
I am currently redoing my build also, I have put the 3d acrylic on some pieces. And I am trying to find a foam version of the abs, either from infinite or reach. Might just use the pep version to transfer it. But once I make that I'll do the belt and attach it to the abs, I'm tired of it failing on me so it'll be easier to have it as one piece. Then finally the boots. I'm going to add height but also use foam for the main parts so I'm not clunking with every step.

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_213610546.jpg
    IMG_20220315_213610546.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Well gang, I did it. At least, I did one. I finished a boot! It is not the greatest of things to look at, I was just free handing templates. But it does what I need it to do: added 1-2' of height, and I can walk in them without a wide stance like Frankenstein. They pull the look soooo.

Attachments

• 20220402_215955.jpg
    20220402_215955.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 20220402_215736.jpg
    20220402_215736.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • 20220402_215715.jpg
    20220402_215715.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
Sorry to bother you if you've found a solution already.
The type of microphone you are using has always been trouble hooking up, in my experience.
lookup a specification sheet/data sheet online for the model you have and check on how it is to be connected.
Some models require capacitors or other special hookup methods.

Sorry to bother you if you've found a solution already.
The type of microphone you are using has always been trouble hooking up, in my experience.
lookup a specification sheet/data sheet online for the model you have and check on how it is to be connected.
Some models require capacitors or other special hookup methods.
Thanks! I ended up buying an external headset/ speaker.

Hey gang! It's been a minute, but I'm back in action. I have been awarded grade/tier 2 for my build which is great. And it's con season near me so that means I am fixing any details that need it, I am also going under a new paint job. One that's more Reach style. As much as I loved the grey, I'm going to my original Green/Red combo. I have also purchased an infinite BR from Galactic Armory! It was easy to put together, just need to sand, wood filler, and paint. I will keep this post updated and I am so happy to see how far everyone has been getting on their builds! I also got stronger magnets so my magnum can easily stick to the thigh now without falling.

Attachments

• 20220827_074529.jpg
    20220827_074529.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 20220827_074143.jpg
    20220827_074143.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
  • Deployment-Certificate-070317-Grade-2 Wicked Demon 15_0.jpg
    Deployment-Certificate-070317-Grade-2 Wicked Demon 15_0.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 74
This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back