Foam MK VI by Bexi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bexi

Jr Member
Hi everybody!

Firstly, I know I've been gone for a while. I've been dealing with some pretty serious health problems for the past many months. As a result I've had neither the time, nor energy to do anything fun. However, it seems like my health might finally be on the upswing so I have some spare energy for my favorite hobby again! I apologize in advance if my updates are few and far between. I never know day to day if I'll even be able to get out of bed. :/ Oh wellz.

Secondly, I have decided to put my Dare suit on the backburner for a while to get a MK VI ready in time for the Halo 4 release. But I will finish it, I promise.

Aaaaand now: I give to you the first mostly done pieces of my foam MKVI suit :)

I havent gotten any of the little foamie details on yet and I still have some work to do on each piece, but I'm pretty pleased with them so far. I'm also hoping to sew an undersuit. Not yet though :) Don't want to get ahead of myself.

Stay tuned 405th.

Mis deseo de buena salud para usted, se ve bien su progreso
(Todas las chicas tienen esa avilidad especial con la goma espuma, o solo me parece a mi?

My desire for good health for you, looks good progress
(All the girls have that special avilidad foam rubber, or just seems to me?

Welcome back girlie! Glad to hear your feelling better, and your MkVI foam suit is absolutely amazing great work :D

Can't wait to see more on the Dare build in the future, its half the reason i started building my almost completed ODST suit :cool

bexi you are back!

I'm sorry that you have not been feeling well but I think we are all really glad that you are getting better!

Your foamwork on the mark 6 suit looks great! Mk 6 in foam is probably the hardest thing that I've seen people do on the forums and its awesome that you are doing it (and super well at it xD)

Totally subbing to this thread and can't wait to see more. I hope you keep feeling well and I'm glad that you are back :)

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful comments!

Welcome back girlie! Glad to hear your feelling better, and your MkVI foam suit is absolutely amazing great work :D

Can't wait to see more on the Dare build in the future, its half the reason i started building my almost completed ODST suit :cool

Aww. Thank you so much! I will absolutely be finishing my Dare, I just decided I wanted to try to have a mkvi for the Halo 4 release. Once this suit is done, I’ll go back and finish up Dare. Also, your suit is looking amazing. Very impressive.

bexi you are back!

I'm sorry that you have not been feeling well but I think we are all really glad that you are getting better!

Your foamwork on the mark 6 suit looks great! Mk 6 in foam is probably the hardest thing that I've seen people do on the forums and its awesome that you are doing it (and super well at it xD)

Totally subbing to this thread and can't wait to see more. I hope you keep feeling well and I'm glad that you are back :)

Thanks. I’ve seen some incredible foam mkvi suits. I don’t think mine will ever be as magnificent, but I can certainly try!

Update:

I’ve added some craft foam to my torso to try to smooth it out a bit. Just the front is done so far. I also made my ab plate.

The shoulders are still funky. I had to add about 3 inches to each shoulder to make the chest plate fit me correctly. As a result they’re a bit… lumpy. I’m going to keep working on them. This is how I modified the chest to fit me.

More to come soon!

looks great with the craft foam, the seams are a lot cleaner. The blue looks good too, do you plan on keeping it blue or painting it a different color?

I agree with Anna the craft foam really cleans up a build. I think I will be using this same craft foam technique on my noble. Looking good so far sweets. Was wondering you going to take the leap and go for a foam helmet? Also you going for full suit lighting and undersuit?

Looks awesome. I especially like the details on the ab plate. And, of course, craft foam rules :D

Gotta love foam builds! Look good. Is the color going to come from the extra foam or what? just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back