Free PS3 Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

shippox10

Jr Member
Hey just wanted to bring up a discussion about freebie sites. I searched and realized that many people believe that freebie sites are a scam...and I didn't want bad publicity going around so I took the precaution and will NOT make a thread soliciting, but instead want to discuss the validity of freebie sites...

I mean my friend made hundreds of dollars using freebie sites...so what're everyone else's thoughts?

Well he used a spam e-mail so he doesn't really worry about it lol. He has over 5000 referrals to a site that I won't mention so as to keep the mods from killing me :] And they pretty much did all of the work for him. His mailbox didn't get too bad either...so it all worked for him. It just means you have to know the right site to use.

Also an example is the site I use. I haven't received a SINGLE e-mail from the site as spam...which is very nice :]

What does his inbox look like? ):

ROFL Wow that is funny. :D Honestly, the only site that I've tried and works for me is Swagbucks. After about two months of searching the web with their search engine, I earned enough "swagbucks" to buy two $5 amazon gift cards. I then bought a refurbished HD cable for my xbox. :D It was worth it.

ROFL Wow that is funny. :D Honestly, the only site that I've tried and works for me is Swagbucks. After about two months of searching the web with their search engine, I earned enough "swagbucks" to buy two $5 amazon gift cards. I then bought a refurbished HD cable for my xbox. :D It was worth it.

I'm glad you received your prizes. There's a piece of proof for all the non-believers :p (not hatin though :]).

I would provide proof through the site in my signature, but I would need some help through these forums and I think people would be mad at me *innocent smile*. (specifically the mods/adam, whom I both love and adore)

enh.
They work and they dont.
I used a site a little while ago that work's, you just gotta have a butt-ton of patience.
It took 2 months to save up enough money to get a $5 movie.

Digimon the movie.
Brought back a lot of memories.

Well yeah I'm not trying to encourage members from trying any freebie sites here, god knows I love trying them lol, but a lot of PTC and PTR (paid-to-click or paid-to-read) take a very long time. The one i'm trying (don't eat me mods, just making a point :]) only needs ten referrals to do one offer...I would like to promote the site to exactly ten people on the site to show proof once I received my prize, but i dont think many people want me to so I'll hold off until I hear otherwise...

So in other words, would the mods/Adam allow for me to do this experiment, or rather not?

What I've heard in the past is that you're free to promote your site in your signature. That's provided though that your signature isn't too big, and that you don't clutter up the forums with unnecessary spam.

Well I was going to simply ask for 10 people to sign up using my sig...and complete an offer. And once this is done, I would let everyone know if I got what was promised or not...but I will see if the mods disapprove...

these things are generally horrible. IMO. There's too much work involved in trying to get a "free" product versus just going out & working a real job... to say nothing of the impact that these things can have on your credit or your friendships (some people get REALLY pissed when spammed about things like this).

Sure, there's the occasionally guy or gal who get something from these sites, but there's generally WAY more people who are having their information harvested. Just my $.02

these things are generally horrible. IMO. There's too much work involved in trying to get a "free" product versus just going out & working a real job... to say nothing of the impact that these things can have on your credit or your friendships (some people get REALLY pissed when spammed about things like this).

Sure, there's the occasionally guy or gal who get something from these sites, but there's generally WAY more people who are having their information harvested. Just my $.02

I usually would agree with many PTC and PTR sites. This, however, is a freebie site, specifically made for those who wish to earn a PS3 or $425 paypal cash. It's not meant to make thousands of dollars, and thus doesn't take as much effort.

This site requires you to complete ONE offer (out of hundreds of offers), and then recommend the site to ten people. Those ten people complete an offer, and you get sent the PS3. You don't need hundreds of referrals or thousands of hours spent clicking on ads, just ten friends and signing up for a membership to Netflix, Gamefly, or eMusic. So you even get to rent games or movies or buy music WHILE you earn your FREE PS3. I don't see a loss here. Plus, they WILL NOT sell your information.

If I can get ten people to sign up and complete an offer, I will post a video showing my unboxing the package.

(I am not a spokesperson for the site nor do I have an affiliation with the site besides being a member)

See I tried the site, I joined and the only thing that intrested me was the ad for Columbia House, I picked out my movies, went to check out, everything was loading fine up to this point and then when I got to step 2 it would'nt load, but when I went straight on the CH website to try and sign up everything worked perfectly fine.

Yeah idk I haven't tried that one, but ik you have to do the offer through the site for it to credit you. Maybe start a support ticket with them to solve any problems?

I really only ever use swagbucks occasionally, it's an easy $25 a month in amazon gift cards and I have not referred anyone. It's also free of spam unless you do the special offers. I may attempt to go through you Shippox if I do sign up for gamefly.

I really only ever use swagbucks occasionally, it's an easy $25 a month in amazon gift cards and I have not referred anyone. It's also free of spam unless you do the special offers. I may attempt to go through you Shippox if I do sign up for gamefly.

Alright sounds good :] yeah I've heard good things about swagbucks and lockerz, except they take a while to get points in. And yeah I still haven't gotten any spam so I'm pretty happy about that :]

Well, freebie sites may work....for getting your free stuff, but Kupokitty is right, theyre not always a pyramid scam, theyre a magnet for junkmail. I signed up for one a while back then got nothing but spam emails and requests for payment to complete the offers and questions. Another thing is when youre under the age of 18 and you give away your info, it's given you CANT take it back, you just have to hope that no one decides to use it because once you turn 18, your identity is gone buddy.There's the occasional one like lockerz where it's proven by many many people to work, but avoid points2shop and anywhere like that because 99.99% of the time, it's too good to be true. Hav eyou ever heard the expression "there's no such thing as a free lunch"? Not only can your identity be stolen once you come of age, but you you could get spyware and trojan horse viruses. Have you heardof the site mspointsgenerator.com? yeah, that put spyware on my computer. You only have to be on the phone with tech support once to avoid a virus as much as possible. Plus the spyware could use your cookies against you. Hackers usually do that kind of thing to steal bank accounts, phone numbers, contacts, and can even screw up a facebook page, should you have one. The worst part about the hacker being able to access your contacts is that he can send an email that will spread the virus. Recently what was believed to be my grandmother sent out an email containing a virus. Luckily, one of our many antivirus spotted it before we opened it. The point is freebie sites are usually ALWAYS scams, tricks to spam your email, or even grab your credit card number from your online bank account. I just stay away from them and I attempt to steer people in the right direction when they ask about it.

I agree that MANY sites are scams. As I said, this site has NEVER sent me ANY spam emails. Also, search on google for people complaining about the program. I did an extensive search and only found problems that were later resolved. And btw, these problems usually involved people not getting the credit from referrals right away. None of them involved a misunderstanding about privacy or a loss of identity to the user. Trust me, I make sure not to trust sites after I received two dangerous trojans from other sites lol.

And really, points2shop is bad? I never knew that...why is it a site to stay away from?

Well, they got our information telling us we could complete offers and answer questions for free. We gave them ALL of our information after I assured my mother it was no problem. Then all we got was spam emails containing viruses that were detected by our antivirus, plus mail sent directly to our mailbox and messages saying that it would charge $10 to our credit card for answering questions. It took me for ever to convice my mom to get me on there, then it was a pyramid scam.

Well, they got our information telling us we could complete offers and answer questions for free. We gave them ALL of our information after I assured my mother it was no problem. Then all we got was spam emails containing viruses that were detected by our antivirus, plus mail sent directly to our mailbox and messages saying that it would charge $10 to our credit card for answering questions. It took me for ever to convice my mom to get me on there, then it was a pyramid scam.

Well what's different about this site is there are no surveys to complete, or websites to mindlessly look through in order to earn "points". This is a site where you sign up, complete an offer, have 10 friends sign up and complete an offer, and receive your prize in the mail.

That said, I completely understand what you went through. However, the site I'm currently using has not sent me any spam e-mails, and I haven't gotten any payment notices in the mail. In fact, I don't get mail much anyway lol. Also, their support staff is very prompt in answering any questions you may have. Just start a ticket :]

HAHA!!!! Go to Youtube and look up the your PS34Free hack!!! I still didn't get my PS3 because I don't want to give away my Credit card # :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back