Gates Leaves Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really understood the hate that comes down on Bill Gates and Microsoft - resentment perhaps? He is basically the ultimate poster child for success and now he's chosen to focus on philanthropy. Before anyone jumps on, I recommend spending 5 minutes and researching what the Gates foundation has done (and spent) trying to make this world just a little bit better. Anyone else give away TWO BILLION DOLLARS in grants last year?

Gates and Buffet do more than many whole countries when it comes to funding worldwide assistance programs. And here's the real kicker - they don't HAVE to do any of it. They could just sit in their mansions like so many other affluent posers, collect shiny baubles, and look for entertaining ways to spend more money than anyone could ever hope to need. They choose to make a difference and I think that's something that deserves our praise, not scorn and contempt...

Yea bill left a few days ago, but he still gets paid for being the head of microsoft, he will probly come back in a few years.
I love microsoft :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back