Official - Bungie Leaves Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge Christi said:
I get to say it, read my former post.
In your faces.
Booyah, time to dance, I was right!

Sweetness, now we can do what we do best because Bungie loves us!

Halo still belongs to MS. So, no, you can't do anything new. They wouldn't care about you making armor for yourself anyway. They might care if you sold it, though, and I don't see a problem with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo on other platforms? Fat chance.
Other Bungie titles on other platforms: Certainly.

Time to go back and change the title of this thread again.... :oops:

4Players: So what does this mean for the Halo franchise itself - and Halo as a first person adventure?

Shane Kim: Microsoft retains ownership of the Halo franchise and we will work with Bungie as well as other partners to invest into it. We believe that the Halo universe as a whole has a potential to reach unbelievable new heights in the mainstream entertainment market.

I dont know if anyone remembers, maybe I'm just old.

Wasnt Halo origionally designed for PC, it had great big tusked animals, real time dirt, shading rasterizer on the geforce for pc?...(a grunt saying 'this is the future of gaming'. Anyone remember that line?)

The game was finished 3 years before it was... *finished* (after microsoft bought it, delayed the release, toned down the graphics for xbox and made it xbox exclusive which it was ported back to pc afterwards)

If I was making something and someone offered my a million dollars and said they could market it and get me 10 times as much money I'd say yes. just once your on their side its hard to get out. thank god they did. Halo 3 actully looks almost identical to the origional Halo for pc. I'm not talking about the rerelease of the xbox version back to pc but the origional pc before the bungie/M$ merger.

by the by, ps3 version of a halo game wouldnt require you to have to pay a monthly fee to play online with friends. The 'server' system that the consoles use (both ps3 and 360) actully doesnt cost M$ anything since servers for the game are the players actual 360's the fee is just there to rake in the B$ing.

Technically nothing we create here, as long as we use what we have made from scrap and press released screen shots and photos and now since they said its ok, game shots. its classed as a Homage since the suits are origional. nothing we do here is illegal. M$ loves to scare people with its laywers.

Sony is just as bad but with its hdcp ps3 stuff. check out the hdcp edit on wiki. A million 'official' sites say hdcp is unbreakable encoded signal, but even before the courts have ruled it as a new standard and illegal to decript there were already decoder boxes available on the market. Its still not 'Illegal' to decript the signals that are not of copyright material like something you film on your camcorded although it is illegal to copy material that is copyright, so theres a fine line. On wiki it says australian courts found sony of price fixing with ps1 and 2 games and dvd's and modding etc was ruled not illegal as it was anti competitive.

Stuff to think about ;-)

Plus I'm sure theres probably a way or two for bungie to continue to make names not under the halo name, as a mod perhaps to another game.... just they cant market it perhaps?

halo was designed for apple

Steve Jobs showed halo at macworld in 1999

but then was later was bought buy m$

Ostrich said:
Hmmm interesting I personally hope it happens since they might start making halo 2 for the mac and then maybe even Halo 3.

bungie cant make halo on any other platform cause microsoft owns like all of the logos and pritty much all of halo so u wont e seein halo4 for ps3

Ok that's about enough of that...

This topic has been closed. If you wish to reopen the thread for further discussion, please message a member of the mod team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back