Gipsy Danger 10 Foot Tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!

Alexa- play Legs by ZZ Top.
Gipsy lower legs are pretty much done, just need to add foam on the bottom of the foot for add traction and padding. Working on the thighs now, but they're currently kicking my butt as they don't want to hold their shape very well. Getting close to being fully painted and assembled for the first time. The hype is building!
55439595_1495086527294355_3939322219817074688_o.jpg

UPDATE!!

Alexa- play Legs by ZZ Top.
Gipsy lower legs are pretty much done, just need to add foam on the bottom of the foot for add traction and padding. Working on the thighs now, but they're currently kicking my butt as they don't want to hold their shape very well. Getting close to being fully painted and assembled for the first time. The hype is building!
View attachment 267661
Well im definitely going to tekko con now
Lol
How much does it weigh at this point?

Well im definitely going to tekko con now
Lol
How much does it weigh at this point?
Not sure on exact weight, but guessing the upper half weighs about 15 pounds and the bottom half weighs about 40 lbs. The legs are mostly wood which gives them a ton of weight. Brightside is it's really hard to tip over forward or backward.

UPDATE!!
Fully assembled Gipsy for the first time today. All locking mechanisms seem to be working good and assembly goes really well and fast. It's a big pain to carry the legs, but I guess it's something I'll just have to get used to lol. Only things left to do is finish the straps for the legs, install some lights and the back-up camera, and do some touch up work with paint. LOOK HOW TALL THIS THING IS!!!
55680111_1504395476363460_4663363009098285056_o.jpg
55613152_3035150769832066_5142856108666257408_n.jpg
55698568_3035150869832056_2603330762170171392_n.jpg

Amazing! Do you climb into it after fully assembled? What did you use to lock the joints?
I’m Geeking out over here......
There's 2 pegs on the inside part of the shin (you can see them if you look close enough on the first pic). I step up onto these first then step into the thighs. The thighs split open on the side, then re-seal once I'm in. I then strap my feet and shins in. The chest piece opens, all the way from the groin to the shoulders. Once in I have 2 straps that criss cross across my chest and one that straps across my waist. Then I close the chest up with 2 straps on either side of the abs. When I'm not in Gipsy I have 2 pins that slide all the way through the PVC that join the upper torso to the legs. The torso sits in a larger pvc T-piece so I can literally rip his entire upper body off in 1 second if needed. I can show you more at Tekko if you want =)

Bo
UPDATE!!
Fully assembled Gipsy for the first time today. All locking mechanisms seem to be working good and assembly goes really well and fast. It's a big pain to carry the legs, but I guess it's something I'll just have to get used to lol. Only things left to do is finish the straps for the legs, install some lights and the back-up camera, and do some touch up work with paint. LOOK HOW TALL THIS THING IS!!!
View attachment 268160View attachment 268159View attachment 268158
Boat!

Can't wait to see this thing in action. would love to see a video of how it looks moving, but I understand if it isn't to that point yet.

Amazing work buddy! I am serious pics when proptsuit is done

SETBACK!!!
Yep time for another setback update :(. This time though it has nothing to do with Gipsy, but more of me. I know a few people have been wanting to see a video of me in Gipsy, but as of this past Monday I injured my foot....in my sleep....like a lame person. It's happened before, but never to this extreme. I think I ended up tearing something right above the arch of my foot, causing my whole left foot to tilt at a 30 degree angle. I've since gone to the chiropractor and had it put back in place, but I'm still in pain when I walk. Today it started to get better, so we'll have to see how I feel when it comes time to unveil Gipsy here next weekend. So I apologize to everyone who's been waiting, but the wait might have to be longer for the sake of not tearing my foot again.
So if not this upcoming weekend I do plan on getting into Gipsy on May 4th and I'll be sure to get video then.

Oh
My gosh this is the most beutiful thing I have ever seen! I wish I could see it in person :,(

If you have time in the future, how much weathering do you plan to do to the whole thing? It look absolutely amazing. Any barnicles or rust or kaiju blood/dents?
No weathering at this time except for natural weathering from moving about. I do want to add some wear and tear eventually though, just need to get better at it first lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back