Greetings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD0013

Jr Member
Greetings, everyone!

My name's Kevin and I've been trooping in Star Wars gear for around 12 years now and while that's been a blast and I'll continue to do it, I have always wanted to build some Halo gear, specifically ODST. (Once a trooper, always a trooper, I guess.)

I will be building it out of EVA foam, since I already have a bunch of it sitting in my garage, and because I got to see what a pro can do with the stuff up close and personal. The pro I'm referring is the 405th's own RoxyRoo. I've known Roxy for a few years now and have watched her make amazing strides in her costuming over that time. If you haven't seen her stuff, you should, because it's bloody amazing!

Anyhow, after seeing her kit, I decided that it was high time I got off my keester and built my own kit. I have dug around and found Hugh's ODST pep files and have nabbed them all. Again, I'll be converting them to be used for foam templates.

I've years of experience making and wearing armor, both metal and plastic, but the foam thing is new to me, so it'll be an interesting, but fun process.

Once I get officially started on the build, I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics and post my progress here so everyone can see how I'm getting along.

I have a couple weapons... an Assault rifle and an ODST SMG, but I'm looking for more, particularly the ODST pistol variant. Is anyone knows of any pep files, reference pics, and or, builders that make them available to others, please let me know.

Take care, and remember... If your gear's not dirty, then you're not committed! XD

Strictly Sandtrooper. I've worn a couple others from time to time, but those were loaners for events... My own kit is dirty, nasty Sandtrooper, baby!

You can see pictures at any of the links below.

Hey Kevin! Welcome! I'm new too. Been lurking for a good bit, but I finally joined. From the Dune Sea Originals pics (if you're in those) there's some pretty fantastic work in there! Can't wait to see what you'll be doing here :)

Oh, yeah, I'm in there... I'm the Sandtrooper with the white pauldron and the the dent in his helmet. I also designed and drew the group's insignia. XD

Hi Kevin,
Welcome aboard! From a retired Sandie TD6325, now BH6325, and MC and ODST Trooper, I bid you hello!
Always nice to see another Sandie here.
Good luck and have fun here. You're in good hands.
Stay safe,
Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back