Grenadier Spartan III

Got the other shoulder on today. Had to design a new shoulder attachment point for the commando. This one I'm calling CSAP (Commando Shoulder Attachment Point) and I designed it in two parts (M amd F) to prevent sliding in all directions as well as be long enough to fill the gap to the bicep.

CSAP_F
20221010_180653.jpg

CSAP_M (I ran out of jb weld so I used a mix of high temp hot glue and 3d pen welding, may get more jb weld)
20221010_180701.jpg

Together
20221010_182827.jpg

Got the other shoulder on today. Had to design a new shoulder attachment point for the commando. This one I'm calling CSAP (Commando Shoulder Attachment Point) and I designed it in two parts (M amd F) to prevent sliding in all directions as well as be long enough to fill the gap to the bicep.

CSAP_F
View attachment 324191

CSAP_M (I ran out of jb weld so I used a mix of high temp hot glue and 3d pen welding, may get more jb weld)
View attachment 324192

Together
View attachment 324193
Looks good! I'm learning a lot from your build that'll help me when I start working on mine.

Got some strapping for chest attachments. Before I started I noticed the buckle for the collar breacher only really attaches on one end and the rest sorta floats? If you look in game it's actually hovering over the armor. I don't have any foam after moving so to fill the gap a little and add stability I tore off this end of a pencil lead holder I found and hot glued it on.
20221011_154225.jpg

Then I glued the buckle on, ran the elastic strap through, and glued the strap to the bottom.
20221011_154518.jpg

Then I glued the shotgun shell clip on, followed by the collar, then glued the top of the strap to the inside of the collar.
20221011_160122.jpg

I Then used some of the straps to attach the stomach piece to the chest in a way where it can be flush with my body and still flexible. (Go Knights Go!)
20221011_203419.jpg

Today I went back a bit and used filler primer on parts I kept forgetting about (plus stitch, he's a commission for a friend)
20221012_150334.jpg

I also got the black details I almost forgot about on the forearms. Doesn't feel like my cleanest paint job but weathering will cover it.
20221012_220257.jpg

Also got that hunter's blood stain for the knife because why not while the acrylics are out.
20221012_220212.jpg

Today I went back a bit and used filler primer on parts I kept forgetting about (plus stitch, he's a commission for a friend)
View attachment 324258

I also got the black details I almost forgot about on the forearms. Doesn't feel like my cleanest paint job but weathering will cover it.
View attachment 324259

Also got that hunter's blood stain for the knife because why not while the acrylics are out.
View attachment 324261
Your parts are coming along nicely

I was sick for a week and couldn't work on armor. Once I got better I did some wetsanding and made a tutorial out of it since I've had some friends ask how exactly to wetsand.

Then today I painted the spine panels and super glued them onto the diffuser.
20221023_215148.jpg

20221023_215202.jpg

Then I lined it up where I wanted on the back and taped it in place.
20221023_223037.jpg

Hot glue at the top and bottom where I saw good contact points.
20221023_223104.jpg

Removed the tape and it held! I'm thinking I can fill in the side gaps with spare foam from when I eventually get to the boots.
20221023_223618.jpg

I was sick for a week and couldn't work on armor. Once I got better I did some wetsanding and made a tutorial out of it since I've had some friends ask how exactly to wetsand.

View attachment 324562

Then today I painted the spine panels and super glued them onto the diffuser.
View attachment 324563
View attachment 324564

Then I lined it up where I wanted on the back and taped it in place.
View attachment 324565

Hot glue at the top and bottom where I saw good contact points.
View attachment 324566

Removed the tape and it held! I'm thinking I can fill in the side gaps with spare foam from when I eventually get to the boots.
View attachment 324567
That's awesome! I should really do that bucket method, I always just end up using the kitchen sink!

Attached the knife to the chest today. Was debating between jb weld and hot glue but went with hot glue so it wouldn't be as permanent of an attachment. I figured if it got bumped the wrong way and fell off that would be better than it snapping.
20221024_202002.jpg

My commando shoulder just has enough room.
20221024_202009.jpg

I can also reach the knife.
20221024_202031.jpg

My feelings are a bit mixed on it now since it looks nice but does add to the bulk. I could redo it scaled down but I'm worried the knife would then be too small to hold.

While the size of the knife looks good to me i think the location isn't quite right. the shoulders look like the could snag onto the knife at any moment.

personally i would go with either the knife being on your lower back like in the following image
temp.jpg

or have it like spartan emile on your shoulder.
temp1.JPG

While the size of the knife looks good to me i think the location isn't quite right. the shoulders look like the could snag onto the knife at any moment.

personally i would go with either the knife being on your lower back like in the following image
View attachment 324609

or have it like spartan emile on your shoulder.
View attachment 324610
I was considering putting it on the side of the belt but went for upper chest to be game accurate. I know in cutscenes Noble 6 does not have the knife so that could technically be accurate to not have?

More updates! I got the second forearm printed as well as both of the bicep pieces! I feel like I've got a good amount of arm flexibility so far that I'm pretty happy with. We'll see how much that changes once I make the chest piece. This also means I've finished printing all of the base armor for the arms and I'm going to move on to either the chest or legs.

View attachment 300457
View attachment 300458

Also here's all of my armor so far. I might redo the helmet at some point but if I do that will be last so I can see how the current one looks with the rest of the armor.
View attachment 300459
great job on scaling your armor and it looks very good i will be watching this thread....

I was considering putting it on the side of the belt but went for upper chest to be game accurate. I know in cutscenes Noble 6 does not have the knife so that could technically be accurate to not have?
If only clipping worked in really life huh! You could always go velcro with a retention D ring, personally I'd rather have the knife pop off than snag and break my shoulder. The other way you could do it, which is the way I plan on doing it, is mounting it to a rail for structure.

I've been thinking. The location is endeed accurate seeing all the examples on the net. Though they seem (to me at least :cool: ) to be mounted closer towards the neck.

1666704012109.png

Something like in this wonderfull artwork. Maybe even mounted on top of the black part?

I've been thinking. The location is endeed accurate seeing all the examples on the net. Though they seem (to me at least :cool: ) to be mounted closer towards the neck.

View attachment 324626
Something like in this wonderfull artwork. Maybe even mounted on top of the black part?
That was actually the first spot I tried, I then had collision issues with the helmet. Also 10/10 drawing, it's beautiful

It's the most annoying part of the Breacher. Everything collides. The rear buckles/latches, the knife, the shells, it's just kind of a nightmare when real world physics come into play.

It's the most annoying part of the Breacher. Everything collides. The rear buckles/latches, the knife, the shells, it's just kind of a nightmare when real world physics come into play.
Would I get docked accuracy when submitting for deployment if I just remove the knife? My Spartan can just really like punching and grenades lol. Everything else on it actually doesn't have collison issues.

Would I get docked accuracy when submitting for deployment if I just remove the knife? My Spartan can just really like punching and grenades lol. Everything else on it actually doesn't have collison issues.
That's more a question for AugmentedHuman013 but generally the rule of thumb to follow is if it appears in references it should be there for Deployment for the completeness check.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back