Grenadier Spartan III

Decided to give the knife placement another go and I found a good spot I like. Just moved it forward a bit further out than in game, but to where I get less collision. Doesn't mean no collision but it's very minimal now to where it still feels good!

20221025_220525.jpg

Decided to give the knife placement another go and I found a good spot I like. Just moved it forward a bit further out than in game, but to where I get less collision. Doesn't mean no collision but it's very minimal now to where it still feels good!

View attachment 324677View attachment 324678
I think it is really starting to come together i just love the look of the armor

In the past I've made props with pepakura and 3D prints. I've tried foam before but it didn't go as well as I hoped. Time to change that and dive back in!
20221103_153649.jpg

Tomorrow is the Extra Life stream so I'm going to try making my boots on stream! I didn't have time to get a heat gun or contact cement so I will just be cutting out patterns and foam, but that is a start and still progress towards having boots! The only parts of the templates I cut out so far were these bottom edge pieces to make sure I got my scaling right. Idk if I'll use these shoes exactly or get new ones, but I really like Asics and for the most part their shoe styles are around the same shape and I know they fit me well.
20221104_160640.jpg

The wind was also calm enough today for me to finish the gold on my tacpad. If I'm awake for the crafting through the night segment of the stream I could work on the hand painted details and wrist attachment. I figured this would be better to work on tired than cutting foam with a sharp blade.
20221104_170620.jpg

Some updates on the tacpad. I swapped the M4 Philips screws forM4 hex screws. I felt the hex screws were less likely to strip and they fit in better with the armor.
View attachment 325319

Got velcro and initially it had too much adhesion where it was hard to remove, so I cut out this middle section.
View attachment 325320

Here's how it looks on my wrist!
View attachment 325321View attachment 325322
I like the Velcro idea! Have you done a test to see how well it holds if you swing your arm or bump into something?

I like the Velcro idea! Have you done a test to see how well it holds if you swing your arm or bump into something?
I haven't bumped it into anything yet but I have swung my arm around and even after removing the center part of the velcro, it still takes a decent amount of effort to pull the tacpad off the wrist.

Some updates on the tacpad. I swapped the M4 Philips screws forM4 hex screws. I felt the hex screws were less likely to strip and they fit in better with the armor.
View attachment 325319

Got velcro and initially it had too much adhesion where it was hard to remove, so I cut out this middle section.
View attachment 325320

Here's how it looks on my wrist!
View attachment 325321View attachment 325322
You have convinced me that I need to print one that fits my phone.. so cool man!

This suit is absolutely awesome so far, love the use of velcro on the Tac Pad, and the fact you’re doing a build with printing and foam! Gonna watch this with interest, I always love to see completed Reach builds!

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back