Grenadier Spartan III

tahu505

Well sad update time. I left the chest pieces outside so some thick layers of primer filler could dry, and the heat warped them
20210613_142953.jpg
20210613_143008.jpg

tahu505

Been there. It sucks. Are you going to be able to salvage it, or do you need to reprint.
I definitely don't think I can salvage the back. The front is a maybe, but it also might just be easier to reprint. I also got a heat resistant spray paint that im going to be testing in a couple days when it's even hotter outside. If it works ill continue to use PLA+ and just make it heat resistant. If it doesn't idk yet

tahu505

So that heat resistant spray paint I mentioned in my last post did not work. With some suggestions from other people on the discord I've found that fiberglass resin actually helps a lot. To start off I wanted to pick a smaller piece of armor, so I went with the grenadier knees. I just coated the outside with a light layer of fiberglass resin so far and I'm about to do the inside soon.
20210628_132429.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.