Grenadier Spartan III

tahu505

Both shins are now fully printed and welded together with a 3d pen.
20210418_160024.jpg

20210418_160125.jpg

20210418_155438.jpg

tahu505

Wait.... No color coordination on the other one?

On a more serious note what 3D pen are you using? Ive only done super glue and bondo to put mine together.
So the pen is the MYNT3D PRO. There are still parts on the outside that need to be filled so I still plan on using bondo there or maybe high temp hot glue. This project has been my first time using a 3D pen and it's mainly because I happened to have one available through my 3D printing club.

tahu505

Got the belt printed out! This was the last part of the base armor I needed to print! The boots I'm thinking of doing out of foam later down the line, but who know, maybe I'll come back to printing. Now I just need the helmet, collar, shoulders, and knife (which I almost forgot about but I've been seeing other people work on the Reach knife so I should probably get on that before I forget again).
20210530_222338.jpg

Also here's an update on my armorsmith model so it's easier to visualize what's left (orange is printed)
1622443673478.png

tahu505

Got the knife printed, sanded with 150 grit, and glued together! Thank you indigoD0g again for helping me find the knife files! I haven't printed out the sheath yet because I'm still trying to decide where I want to put the knife. I know for the collar/breacher it goes on the non dominant hand side of the collar but I'm worried if I did that the sheath would collide too much with the commando shoulder on the right. I'm open to any suggestions if anybody has ideas!
20210604_230455.jpg
20210606_154900.jpg

indigoD0g

Got the knife printed, sanded with 150 grit, and glued together! Thank you indigoD0g again for helping me find the knife files! I haven't printed out the sheath yet because I'm still trying to decide where I want to put the knife. I know for the collar/breacher it goes on the non dominant hand side of the collar but I'm worried if I did that the sheath would collide too much with the commando shoulder on the right. I'm open to any suggestions if anybody has ideas!
View attachment 306682 View attachment 306683
Looks amazing! That’s such a solid print. I’m happy it worked out for you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.