Gundam Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You tried Front Mission Evolved yet? IT's pretty good, has som glitch moments in multiplayer but all in all it's a fast mech game almost like armored core. But the online can be really one sided, as you'll be able to tell who plays it nonstop and just plays every now and again.
No, despite my interests, it's really hard for me to get into mecha games. I stick to Gundam because it's a good enough draw factor for me.

Gundam SEED and 00 fan here I have a bunch of MG kits but my fav is the PG Strike :)
1110091822b.jpg

Nice weathering on your Strike. I plan on turning mine into a PS-down diorama, because of a lot of damage it took due to bad design for the Aile Pack, and a stupid cat.

Personally, I was a bit underwhelmed by the PG Strike, because I expected my $200 kit to be pretty perfect. Instead, it fell apart, and couldn't hold most of the poses I tried. Still, I can see it making a great diorama piece, and, weathered, in a fixed position, it can't be all that bad.

So, I've been contemplating doing a resin conversion. (Damn you, Gundam X) The HGAW Gundam X has a conversion kit for it, to turn it into a GX Bit. Given that the HGAW X looks pretty damn cool, and costs $15, I want to get a couple, and an X Divider, for kicks, and convert one of the Xs into the GX Bit. The resin kit's pretty expensive, so I'mma have to save some money first.

After that, though, I was thinking of stepping it up: I found a conversion kit to turn a PG RX-78-2 into an RX-79[G]. It's hard to pass up that kind of craft for my favorite MS, even if it'll end up being $400.

Back again this time i have the final update on the Red Frame until I get it panel lined.
http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z387/whitelog5/
I got this mainly for the stand and the Aile pack. Which as you can see both work with the Red frame, though the back of the skirt armor has to be removed because of the mount for the skygrasper but I am not very concerned with that and when removing the Aile pack if not careful it will take the back armor panel with it. But the Skygrasper is surprisingly well done and with that I have been tossing around the idea of painting it to match the Red frame. My only real complaint with it is how loosely connected the two thruster pods are to the bottom of the Aile pack. Other than that two quick questions.
1.) I have been working on a custom paint job on my old 1/144 HG Tallgeese and I snapped a peg in the leg while taking it apart. What sort of glue should I use to hold it together?
2.) In Your opinion what are some must build kit?

Ah tallgeese.. I just finished Vayeate, Tallgeese 1 and I have a Mercurius waiting for paint.

#1. Testors glue is ok but it's runny as snot. A glue I use is resin based and is very thick and sets in just a few seconds. It's Insta Cure from HobbytownUsa. about 3.95 for a 2oz bottle. Careful though, it's binds skin horribly and you only need a Drop.

#2. Must built in my opinion. Shin Matsunaga Zaku II R1A 2.0 MG, Gelgoog 2.0 MG, Johnny Ridden MS-06-R2 2.0 MG, MS-07B Gouf 2.0 MG, RX-79 (G) both HGUC and MG, Zeta Test types (either A1 or C1 I have A1) MG, Red Frame and Blue Frame MG 2nd Reviseds, MS-06 J/F Zaku II 2.0 MG, MS-06K Zaku Cannon (Rare)... IMO and just about any of the newer HGUC series. Sazabi and The O being my favorites.

Any model glue would work, and I guess even a Cyanoacrylate would work, but you should probably stick to something a bit thicker, so you don't have a runny mess to sand.

Nice Aile Striker you have there. If PG Strike is anything to go by for PG Red Frame (The latter IS just a retool, after all) I would suggest keeping the striker off unless Red's on the base. Good luck with the Skygrasper, though. That sounds pretty cool.

Must Build kits: RX-79[G] MG and HGUC (I assume HG Ez8 is a good indicator) and any derivatives, RX-178 MkII Ver2.0, RG RX-78-2.

Schiz are you studying to be a chemist? or a Professional Detailer? You just use alot of actual Paint and glue names.

No, actually, I'm going into mechanical engineering. (lol linkages)

It just helps me, to separate plastics, paints, and glues, into their chemical categories, in mind. Knowing their individual properties can work to your advantage, when you need to use multiple types of each. For example, Acrylic paints can be thinned well with water, but Alcohol deteriorates the gloss agent, giving you a flat finish, and a much faster evaporation rate. Enamels and Lacquers can't do that, but are more stable paints, and stand up well to Acrylate glues.

Cool.

I kinda wish this cold weather would go away, so I could finish this GM. It's been sitting here, with 1 leg, for far too long.

On another note, I wrote a pretty long clip based on the RPG, and how I wanted to end my part in it, if it had actually come to fruition. If you wanna check it out, it's in a note on facebook.

Well, I have a Dio I'm doin fo rthis Cold weather, it's a Zeon thing with me for some reason. I just like the way they look in the snow...
I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't even have supplies for that. Roads finally cleared today, but I didn't get a chance to hit up the hobby store.

In other news, I'm really hoping I get the job I applied for at the local Kroger. I need money, for my hobbies, and, well, to get a car.

I'm looking to get an '85 Toyota Corolla GTS. Points if you can guess my inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back