Gundam Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love R4L, those guys are pretty good, and if your kit is damaged they'll replace it. But again I must stick my Originals for deals, Gundam store and more, those guy are great.

Eh, in my experience, I pay more at Gundam Store and More.

Yeah, R4L's pretty good, and shipping does come out lower than HLJ, but HLJ carries a lot more product, and they've been around a lot longer. Plus, they're willing to negotiate with manufacturers, over fault merchandise, on your behalf. That said, I wonder if the coupon that came with my last R4L gunpla purchase is still any good xD

I bought a Gelgoog 2.0 from R4L and it looked like a fork truck ran it over, Called them whenI recieved it and they sent me a second one, they just wanted pictures of the damaged one, they were pretty shocked.

Now Gundam store, I like buying in Bulk from them on HGUC kits, they never have what I want in the MG department, but it's all good with me when I can pay 8 dollars for shipping on 10 kits. And with my GC membership I get 15$ kits for 7 and 10 bucks.
My fridge is covered in GSAM magnets.

Well, I don't buy in great enough bulk or often enough to take advantage from that. Plus, I steer clear of 1/144 in general. I do not like assembling the tinies. MG+ is my motto xD

Okay Update on my quest to build a perfect grade kit.
Everything is ordered and supplies are Gathered so I decided to practice panel lining on some of my old kits. Here is a link to some pictures of My Hy-Gogg 1/144, and well I didn't stop at just panel lining I also painted it a bit with colors I plan on using on the Astray PG Kit a flat Black and Gunship Gray. After my first few attempts I think I'll only panel line where it needs it.

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z387/whitelog5/

Nice little 0080 bugger you got there.

Best of luck on the Astray.

(Did anyone else freak out when they saw their name in big red letters, as if they were being auto-alerted of account suspension?)

Yeah, I was like, "Oh, -blam!-, who did I troll this time?" But this reminds me, my suspension on CombatAce forums ends in June. I do plan on going back and saying my piece. >:D

Back to Gundam, that Roleplaying story game thing I told you about on the other forum- As always, the other players are generally IDIOTS who don't know ho to listen to the game master's rules. For that matter, they can't stick to canon.

What did you do there?

HA! A few of my D&D Buddies are working on writing our own Dungeon style Chracter setups. Once finished, it'll be epic to a point if we can the bugs worked out. We're integrating the D20 system into with character creation. Keeping things in sets though, like Armored Core.
Those people on your forum don't really understand how the suits work do they? Or do they just run around and act like they're smashin and bashin like idiots?

Any who, I finished this Green frame... and quite honestly... I'm embarassed to own it. It won't stay together, you pose and parts fall off easily, it came with the same sword that Red frame has but just straight up cheesier. It's not Hongli luckily, it's the cheaper 1/100 line up. I may give it to my buddy John, that way hell have two.

Once I finish my left thigh I may start Either Johnny Ridden Custom Zaku II R2 2.0 or Gelgoog 2.0 (I'll Paint him to look like Gato's MS)

Well Fellas lets see some Pics of your work! I like posting random MS pics!

Mmm, GM.
01281544.jpg

(Note the difference in color between plastic and paint)

And John Woo gets a Gundam
01281544a.jpg

Yeah, we always go for a more story-based experience than a game, but I have considered doing some tabletop representation of Gundam.

And it's not just smashing and bashing. They're adding MS that weren't there, and always trying to have a superweapon, when I expressly say "We follow canon, and NO superweapons or new MS." I'm not even cool with the MSV they come up with. They're such idiots! One suggested slapping a Zaku arm onto a damaged GM, before the official first MS combat actually occurred. (It was set in July, versus the September battle of Side 7.) They're such morons, and I hate them. No more RPGs for that group. They ALWAYS do this. And they get worse and worse every time.

On CombatAce, I'd spent a good bit of time writing the story for an Ace Combat-style total conversion of Wings Over, and the project went real slow for about 3 weeks and the mods were being douchebags, threatening to delete the thread, and stuff, and I called one of them on it, because he was just being a straight-up *******. Someone else banned me for 3 years, until June 17th, 2011.

Yeah, I stay away from NGs for that reason, man. I've had better HGs, and the price step up to MG isn't great enough to make me want that compromise.

Well I am back. It took me 13 hours but here it is in all of its glory.http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z387/whitelog5/
With it being eight or nine years since I last built a model it felt good working on one again so much so that i just could not stop until it was fully assembled so I will get around to panel lining it sooner or later. Though I do feel a bit apprehensive about approaching this thing with a paint brush, I would like to do more practice on my older kits before i get to this one.
But I digress after that long of a hiatus all I can say is I WANT MORE, though I wont get another perfect grade any time soon, but I would eventually like to build the PG RX-78-2 or the Zaku (or both), But I will probably stick to Master Grades in the future.

Nice GM Sniper by the way.

I don't really see the porblem of a GM being refit with a Zaku arm, sometimes repairs need to be made, and you can't always find the right parts... But the timeline part... yea, that can get irritating when people act like they know what they're talking about. Half the time some of the newer MS fans don't even know of nor understand the UC era, Which along with 00 timline, are my favorites. I've seen every series, Even Gundam X.

Sounds like you have an abbrassive personality. I steer clear of any Air Combat Forums for that reason. Alot them act like they're such pro flyers when non of them have ever left the ground. I have 157 confirmed hours, and went through the Pilots' Course offered here in Fairfield Ohio. I know how to fly, but what I want to fly is a chopper. Especially a Huey.

Nice work on that Sniper

And Log; nice job on that PG, who you order it through?

I ordered it through tatsuhobby.com they seemed to have cheaper prices, and i have no complaints with them but I don't have much experience ordering through them.
About the zaku arm thing. I think its a good idea timeline permitting because it can be seen as a needed repair and kind of a trophy or a spoils of war sort of thing. But thats Just my opinion.

The point he was trying to hint at log, was that Feddie MS didn't hit production until September of the OYW, when the battle they were talking about was set in July of the OYW.

I liked tatsu at first but I only really order from them if they have a Kit I cannot find anywhere else.
My next HGUC's will Be the Revised Gouf Custom and the Sinanju and Gear Zulu Custom.

Well I am back. It took me 13 hours but here it is in all of its glory.http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z387/whitelog5/
With it being eight or nine years since I last built a model it felt good working on one again so much so that i just could not stop until it was fully assembled so I will get around to panel lining it sooner or later. Though I do feel a bit apprehensive about approaching this thing with a paint brush, I would like to do more practice on my older kits before i get to this one.
But I digress after that long of a hiatus all I can say is I WANT MORE, though I wont get another perfect grade any time soon, but I would eventually like to build the PG RX-78-2 or the Zaku (or both), But I will probably stick to Master Grades in the future.

Nice GM Sniper by the way.
Pretty good job on that Red. I know exactly what you mean about wanting more.
I don't really see the porblem of a GM being refit with a Zaku arm, sometimes repairs need to be made, and you can't always find the right parts... But the timeline part... yea, that can get irritating when people act like they know what they're talking about. Half the time some of the newer MS fans don't even know of nor understand the UC era, Which along with 00 timline, are my favorites. I've seen every series, Even Gundam X.

Sounds like you have an abbrassive personality. I steer clear of any Air Combat Forums for that reason. Alot them act like they're such pro flyers when non of them have ever left the ground. I have 157 confirmed hours, and went through the Pilots' Course offered here in Fairfield Ohio. I know how to fly, but what I want to fly is a chopper. Especially a Huey.

Nice work on that Sniper

And Log; nice job on that PG, who you order it through?
Actually, there is an issue in the way of that: The Zeon used Fluid Pulse Actuators on the large joints in their mobile suits. These operate by compressing a fluid, much like a hydraulic system. The Federation used electric Servomotors almost exclusively. (Save the hydraulics in the ankle and torso, according to most lineart I've seen) But, this early on in the war, is a Federation base going to have a literal junkyard (he said it, man) full of Zaku parts? I mean, the GM hadn't even been introduced, yet.

I do have an abrasive personality. But, they started it.

Thanks, by the way, about the GM. I'd hoped to get the rest of the paint done this weekend, while it was warm, but, no, I couldn't go to the hobby shop and get more, and, now, a cold front is rolling in. This model's not gonna be done for another couple weeks.

Don't ya just hate that about weather.

Anyway, I'm just trying to kill time until class starts. I got onto Live today and played some matchmeking for once. You know, if in game mobile suits could get half of the armor abilities that are in Reach, MS games would become alot more fun to play, rather than running around in a giant Pillbox and "Trying to Melee".
I guess what I'm saying is that I owned as an Elite in Elite Slayer, but I was totally pwned when I played as a standard spartan. I don't get it.... I lead three matches with 19+ kills, all melee and I switched up styles too. As soon as I went to Standard Spartan MY count drops to below 5

I say there need to be more in-cockpit Gundam games, with much more varied animation, and more realistic speed, weapon-use, and destruction.

Yeah, Op Troy (Mobile Ops: OYW) had the cockpit fighting and footsoldier stuff, but the physics engine and graphics were dated, at best. There needs to be some good, goodness involved.

You tried Front Mission Evolved yet? IT's pretty good, has som glitch moments in multiplayer but all in all it's a fast mech game almost like armored core. But the online can be really one sided, as you'll be able to tell who plays it nonstop and just plays every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back