H4 Air Assault Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took apart the model and found a few problem areas and fixed them. the Helmet is showing fully printable no problems now. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Untitled.jpg

Long story short, there were a bunch of polygons hanging out inside the helmet messing things up. Also, there were a few lines showing as a non-manifold edge (that screws it up too) even though the face looked good. Otherwise, I like it a-lot.

Attachments

• Halo 4 Air Assault III - Moe Adjustments.zip
    122.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Yep, that was the issue on my first attempt too. The inside of the helmet was full of twisted faces and broken geometry. Thanks for fixing the model, it was a mess. Ill get it exported and attach obj and stl files for anyone who wants them. I'm going to start a print as soon as I split it.

Did a few last fixes, you got pretty much everything, but there were a few mesh errors still bothering me. The model is now complete.

Alright, so here it is. The H4 AA helmet. Thanks to everyone who helped me through this process!
I attached blend, obj, and stl files for whoever wants to use them~
If anyone here doesn't do modeling and wants a smoother version of the model, just say something.

Attachments

• Halo 4 Air Assault V [obj][-].zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 248
  • Halo 4 Air Assault V [stl][-].zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 289
  • Halo 4 Air Assault V.zip
    233.8 KB · Views: 228
Well done Tenebris. You mind posting this to thingiverse? Otherwise, I could do it and note you on it as the collaborator. Let me know. Either way, it's a beautiful helmet and I'm glad to be apart of it.

Before you post it, double check your model for more non-manifold edges. My print is showing trouble in the mouth guard area. If you want, I can fix it for you.

This is a really solid and good looking model! Fantastic job so far! Really fine work, keep it up!

Especially considering you *claim* to be an amateur...but seriously. Really great work. Cant wait to see what else you make!

Thanks!

Does anyone know a good way to scale models for 3d printing? Just looked through some old threads, but they're all for pep files. I've heard of armorsmith, but I don't know if it's worth the $30.

Thanks!

Does anyone know a good way to scale models for 3d printing? Just looked through some old threads, but they're all for pep files. I've heard of armorsmith, but I don't know if it's worth the $30.

If you plan on making multiple costumes that involve 3D printed parts or other pep builds, most certainly worth it. Having the ability to see everything rigged up on an avatar and check fit before printing out a dummy piece is fantastic.

Test print complete. There are some weird gaps between some layers, don't know what the story behind that is, otherwise it turned out pretty decent.
View attachment 263253 View attachment 263254 View attachment 263255

Those gaps could be one of a number of things but mostly limited to nozzle and filament so they're cheap and easy fixes.

My best guess is that there's a partial clog in either your nozzle or PFTE tube which just needs to be cleaned with a cold pull or run some purge filament through to clear any debris. If the problems keep occurring it might be a marred nozzle tip from running into the bed and it's time for a nozzle swap.

It could also be tied to filament itself having an uneven gauge (is oversized, gets caught and doesn't feed properly or is undersized and doesn't fill enough volume) which could be from poor filament quality, a bad batch or moisture getting into old filament. I'm not sure what you're running through your machine so it's hard to pinpoint issues with printer goo which is why I'd guess it's a nozzle issue.

It does look disproportional when it compared to a naked frame. That being said, once paired with the bulk that the armor provides, it will likely appear much more accurate. Have you attempted loading a torso piece with it, just to play around with the proportional scale with armor?

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back