Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomRanger

DMO, Armory, and Forum Support
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S063
I'm building a Halo 3 Battle Rifle from EVA-50 foam. I'll be using these files as resources, provided in raw by TurboCharizard and modified by me.
1560792896889.png

Here's what that looks like printed out at scale
IMG_20190624_182410.jpg

Here is the original source image as provided by the great TurboCharizard
1560792896889 (1).png

And his notes:

Weapon: BR55HB SR
Game: Halo 3

Linked file is scaled to be the in universe length of 29" for the main body and 35.4" including barrel.

Blue sections are final constructed pieces to show the overall finished prop.
Light grey sections are 0.125" Hardboard.
Dark grey sections are 0.5" MDF.
Dashed sections routed 0.125" internally for fittings. The top-most dark grey section is to be cut out twice with mirrored routed sections.
Barrel and gas piston housing [I'm assuming that's what they designed it as] are 0.5" diameter doweling.
Crossed sections are points to pre-drill for extra detail fittings.

Attachments

• Halo3BattleRifleOutlineFoam.pdf
    781.4 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
The foam I got came in sheets less than half the size I was expecting. Fortunately, I ordered twice as much as what I needed so I should have enough.
Other than that, the build is going well so far, have the main body almost half built!
Updating post while my hot knife heats up.
IMG_20190624_195639.jpg

IMG_20190624_203737.jpg

Man, you better pay attention to detail. If this thing is half as good as your (albeit, promised) HUD, it'll be banging!
I'm trying to put an emphasis on that this time around. I was finally smart enough to pick up some thinner eva foam to help me with this :)

Also, the hud may not be finished yet, but with a beta tutorial up it shouldn't be mysterious anymore :)

Well, after spending every minute after work today to make progress on this, including through dinner, it's time to go to bed. This is what I got finished:
IMG_20190624_222859.jpg

IMG_20190624_230444.jpg

It needs a lot of beveling/edge-work and a ton of the detail yet, but there's plenty of time for that tomorrow :)
For now, it has a removable clip.

Quite impressive with the construction! Mmmm, nothing like a good hot glue seam :lol:

Is the wooden dowel part of the inner construction of the BR to keep it more sturdy?

Looking good. That's a lot of progress in a short amount of time.
Thanks :), I want to give a bunch of the credit for that to TurboCharizard for providing exactly what I was looking for with that photo he gave me. And coffee.

I'm think I may be ready to clean up the glue and start painting it, not really sure what else I would add.
DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

DSC_0480.JPG
DSC_0481.JPG

Awesome man! inspiring for when I get to this part of my build. Was thinking of doing the BR too.
Thanks man! I'd recommend it, this build has been pretty satisfying and relatively easy to do so far (thanks to the layered approach). I also found out I really like making props, the smaller stuff has a much quicker return on feedback, whereas with armor you can build for days or weeks and not know what it's really gonna look like.

I don't have pictures, but I got it half paint.... blah blah blah

I don't have pictures either, but i built a real- life scorpion tank complete with coaxial machine gun and 125mm water balloon launcher and, to make it street legal, turn signals! I also took it out to the dugway proving grounds and fired some bullets from the coaxial machine gu.....

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back