Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it wouldn't be authentic, It;s not a vest for ODST armor, it's a real vest, you have to adapt it to the armor. :eek

Hi guys, I'm (sort of) back. It's still only been two weeks into this program, but I'll be back home soon. I just can't do any modeling or anything while I'm here (sorry). Anyway, I'm glad that this thread has continued to thrive long after my leaving-ness. I'm digging that vest find. Very cool!

I'm seeing triple, You may wanna delete 2 of those posts before a mod comes after you, Or worse yet.... Nightshade *ominous music*

Lol

Did I mention that I am not only a master of useless advice, I'm a master of comedy.

*Random family member reads sentence and laughs, wiping away a tear*

See... What, WHAT.

o_O

Anyway, glad your sorta back.

Sorry to have been so negative about the vest, and I have made a discovery that completly changed my mind about it!

[attachment=10241:MOLLE-136.jpg]

If I am correct, you can unclip the "shoulder" straps and attach them to the chest piece. I think theres one at my local army surpluss store and if not i'll order it from cheaperthandirt.com. Either way i'll post my results in the topic. Oh and welcome ack (sort of) nightshade! And when you get back to modeling

*cough *cough [attachment=10242:84426921-Full.jpg]*new back piece *cough

Hey guys my new Odst Pistol Low Def is Done i will release a 3d file for the low def for others to unfold and i will also be releasing a higher def one if wanted.Also i have to release the file in a 3ds because i tried a Obj file and i used the mirror tool and half of the gun was gone so 3ds dosent do that. The 3ds works fine in Pepakura Designer if you didn't know that already.

2009-07-02_17-43-04-546.png

Click Picture for download

also i forgot the laser box thing so ill make it seperate because it didnt really woek when i was putting it on there sorry about that.

The back piece looks to me like its made of cloth and is more of an under suit piece. ON another note, id love to build the dutch helmet but like some other people have said the indents on the tops of both the helms are near impossible to pep correctly. Those are easier to put in during the bondo stage. So rundown could you maybe take those ridges out of both helmets like the weta one did?

ive done the lines on the super hd one they're hell for a number of reasons(yes i've done it! it was a pain in the rear!)

1. more paper printed on this alone

2.unfolding it in pep is a chore

3. so many things can go wrong when putting it together

4. your gonna put bondo on it anyway to smooth out that mess

so in the end yeah no indents, we learned this about a year and a half ago that some things are just easier by hand than going all %100 super detail model

but i like the model none the less :)

Another timid request for ODST files.

Can we get a new thigh? SKG and Crews was based on Weta, which is definitely different from game version.

Spartan137 said:
Another timid request for ODST files.

Can we get a new thigh? SKG and Crews was based on Weta, which is definitely different from game version.

look about 2 or 3 pages back there's a file by crackhead that is game model but is low detail but he's working on the HD ver now so just wait and you'll be rewarded

Last edited by a moderator:
The in-game torso is almost certainly hard plate. The MOLLE vest is adequate for hanging the armor, but there is a hard piece on the back and over the shoulders. I might try and modify the existing marine torso pep files, as some of the shapes are similar,

um thats all the detail i noticed im not doing the inner thigh for reasons explained but if you guys see something post an image and ill update it

Ral Partha said:
Here's my unfold of the ODST rookie helmet:

ODSTRookieHemet.jpg

Click on the pic to download (PD2).

this solves most of my problems quite nicely. Thanx a bunch ral.ON yet another note... I finally got rid of my noob status.

angry_cabbage said:
this solves most of my problems quite nicely. Thanx a bunch ral.ON yet another note... I finally got rid of my noob status.

Sweet, so did I! Congrats to both of us!!

Also, Thank you SO MUCH Ral for making a different unfold, it is.... beautiful.. *weeps* I will make another one of these simply because you made another unfold.

we are using a molle vest for mounting everything, and a pair of A.L.I.C.E. pack straps to get the cosmetic look for the straps.

we picked up this vest:

molle-omega-vest.jpg

if you dont know what straps im talking about just check the link below. i would have posted the picture, but its a larger image and i didnt want to clutter up everything.

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/prodimages/2264-big.jpg

we played around with the vest a lot. its all kinds of adjustable. we tried it on several different people and were able to make it look just as good on everyone. we had also found a vest that was paired with molle thigh pieces that looked like they would be great for mounting the things. i got 1 vest and a pair of straps brand new still in plastic for right at $50. if you were to do a little bit of digging you could probably get away with $30. not too bad.

OMG Ral Partha I love you.

That unfold looks a million times easier.

I'm gonna start it tonight and post it in my ODST thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back