Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, we don't any bickering in this pepakura thread which is for everyone might I remind. Now let's get this "resolved", Link was vouching for the people(I like it in PD2 also) and was basically saying could ya put it in PD2 format, he wasn't forcing it on them. He was just saying if you don't mind basically.. And Crucible thinks you were telling them "MAKE THEM PD2 FORMAT OR YOUR FILE IS A WASTE OF SPACE." It was blunt when Link made some comments, but they were harmless.

Now let's get back to this thread. A few off-topic posts are better than 20.
Sorry, if I was kinda butting in but, we're all here for the same reason: Helping each other out and making some Kick-A$$ armor aren't we?

On Topic-

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll be occupied with these and some of the original goodies from the WETA ODST thread. Enjoy your trip Nightshade.

Hey, HaloFreak, thanks, for wishing me luck and for trying to keep this thread on-topic.

And Neo, for the record, it's Nightshade, not Nightmare ...

Rundown, serisouly, what for you do for a living, 'cause there's a lot of money to be made in the 3D industry, and it definitely looks like u got all you have all the tools of the trade (including madd-dogg skillz ... yes, you get skillz with a "z")

Umm, Crucible, since you seem so interested, I guess I'll grind my teeth and throw up the link for the sniper-goggles so you can "mate" them with the helmet. A little unsure what you meant by that, but whatever. Here's the goggles. I still don't wanna put up the chest links. I don't really think we need a single file with both chest plate and pouches, just like I didn't think we needed a file with both shoulders and sniper plates. Nothing personal. And next time you criticize a Moderator, at least offer some quotes/evidence or something. Nice mods are a privelege. Not a right. So if anything offends you personally, ignore it. Like my 'ol man always says, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it."

ODST Sniper Goggles: http://www.4shared.com/file/111309081/ed01...goggles_v1.html

I really will try to finish the center equiptment plate by tomorrow. I was just busy today. I think that's a nice stopping point before going away. (Especially with those slick buckets that Rundown is modeling. Kudos to you, sir. BTW, who do you plan to unfold those models?). Then when I'm gone, people will have a good start. Instead of waiting for more files, do the shoulders (and optional plates), chest plate, pouches, equiptment plates, Th3 FETT MAN's boots, and Rundown's awesome helmets (which should take a while). We already have made a good amount of the suit in Pep, so make what you can until new files come out.

PS - Although some modelers might decide to make more models when I'm gone, paweese don't make the backpack, cuz I really wanted to do that one ...

catplease.jpg

A little about what's left on our modelers' list:

Helmets (almost finished by Rundown)
Center Equiptment Plate (Almost finished by yours-truly)
ODST Backpack
Grenades
Final Gauntlets
Shins/Thighs (I don't know if we have to rodel these from scratch or not)

That should pretty much finish up the Halo 3: ODST Pepakura Armor Project, and I know I can finish the backpack, grenades, and any other misc. models by July ...

Just 'cause we haven't finished the whole suit doesn't mean you can't get started with resin, bondo, etc!

Shade

Nightshade, I don't think the shins and thigh pieces are necessary, because the ones we already have are near identical to the new ODST's. But you can if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, like I said we're here for the same reason.

I don't think we need and new shins/thighs though. You could probably just buy some real pouches any voila.

The shin armor certainly doesn't need to be re-done. However, I think the thigh armor needs to be made because the H3:ODST model looks like a cross between the MkVI version and the WETA thigh plate.

Nightshade said:
Rundown, serisouly, what for you do for a living, 'cause there's a lot of money to be made in the 3D industry, and it definitely looks like u got all you have all the tools of the trade (including madd-dogg skillz ... yes, you get skillz with a "z")

Erz 3d is a hobby :lol: But i'm gonna study further when i'm done with my current course.

Sneak-Peak at the Center Equiptment Piece (which will complete the equiptment plates, I think):

centerpiecepep1a.jpg

If you have comments or want to point out any errors (which I'm sure are in abundance), please do so now. This model gave me more trouble than some others, because the angles of the sides, etc, weren't clearly defined, etc. This is just the first version, so please comment! I want the official version unfolded before I leave on Saturday!

Shade

I was just looking at the render of the character Romeo and I think the lower corners need to be longer and more flared than what you have at the moment.

Hey Nightshade, do you think we can get a new torso??

I built a Weta one and it doesn't look a thing like a ones in Halo 3: ODST.

The Weta one won't let you bend properly, while the Halo 3 ODST's chest looks more like and armored vest that can offer more mobility. And also the neck guard thing on the Weta model is huge compared to the video game version. The video game version doesn't show a huge neck ring and looks more comfortable to move your head around than the Weta pep version.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

damn! rundown your the best man, see this is why i built your mark V. BTW nightshade no offense but just played h3 so i could get some reference and the equipment plates are almost the exact same as weta's (i watched landfall before playing)

hey night could you down load the weta accessory pack in the weta thread on page 2 and look at the file named middle chest plate it's really the center equipment plate but it's almost game accurate.(this is to save time for you to work on some thing els, i mean come on if there's one out thats really good why make another?)

on page 2 in the weta file base, down load the armor accessory's pack from there and un zip it then look at the file in pep called middle main chest plate. that plate is really the one your working on now (the center stomach plate) look at it and decide if you wish to continue the plate your working on or start some thing new. i looked at it and it looks good to me.

I wish I could take modeling lessons from you Rundown lol it looks amazing. When do you think Dutch's helmet will be unfolded?

EDIT: I think the shins should be remodeled as they are quite different from the current WETA version. I have the right shin 1/2 modeled and it has a ridiculous amount of detail. (Mostly because I'm a noob and can't figure out how to make a diagonal edge)

warhound said:
I wish I could take modeling lessons from you Rundown lol it looks amazing. When do you think Dutch's helmet will be unfolded?

next week wednesday? or even this weekend if i find time.
Its sad nobody lives near me to teach.

I wish I had the courage and skill to model helmets. Every time I see a helmet or torso model, and I start to think how I might possibly begin such a model, my brain blanks out and I feel stupid :( . Oh well, at least there are many much-more-skilled modelers out there to get the job done. (By the way, Rundown, when you first started this model, how did you approach it? Just wondering. And should I put your helmet link in the main post?).

I know how you feel. It seems that all the cool 3d places are all in California, or Seattle, or places like that. Nothing in the foothills of Kentucky ( :( )

By the way, Rundown, I'm building your helmet when I'm away (along with the other Pep models). It looks fun (well, fun for putting paper models together. There's a point where the funness stops)

rundown said:
Its sad nobody lives near me to teach.

Great pep rundown downloading now :)
and you can teach people all around the world with web cams or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back