Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Static said:
I scaled it at 290mm Height, but there's one piece that will not fit on the paper, not matter what I do to it.

I used MrOreo123's unfold. Which file did you use?

superepic2009-07-07_22-17-53.jpg

There is a thing in the toolbar that will allow you to seperate a piece easily

Last edited by a moderator:
SeamusRocks999 said:
There is a thing in the toolbar that will allow you to seperate a piece easily

That persons question had been answered many pages back, no need to reply to something so old.

crackhead09 said:
to let you guys know links torso is the weta file with alot of hard work put in to i by the looks of it dont you guys think?

well i scratch built mine. i used the weta and the game as reference to build mine. i used the same method as weta to attach my armor to my vest by bolting it on and cutting the armor so it moves like a gator back

Man Unholykey, that unfold is awesome! And very fast, too!

I think, however, that by initially changing the angle tolerance in Pep to around 162-degrees, there could be many fewer pieces around the neck. Other than that, everything looks great and well-organized.

The only thing I'm wondering is, why are all the normals reversed? I made sure in the .obj model to have all the normals conformed and correct, and, when I open up the .obj in Pep, the folds are correctly on the inside. I don't know why the unfolded file's normals are reversed, but I wouldn't sugguest building it until that problem is fixed.

Nightshade, this torso a joy to build. Its easy, and everything is lining up perfectly. I've been at it for a few hours and got that awesome looking lower back section done. Thanks for making this!

Hey guys, just wondering, since I'm stupid, could somebody please help me add the final center equiptment plate and belt plate, sniper goggles and SMG pep files to the Wiki for me? If you're interested in helping, I can PM you the download links and screenshots for each model.

Thanks!

Shade

---------------------------------------------

EDIT:

LEEKEEGAN'S SMG HAS ARRIVED. Actually, it did like a week ago, but my mom put it in the laundry-room closet, which isn't a place I'd look for a missing package. But I got it, and it's TOTALLY EPIC.

You can download a lot of pics here:

LeeKeegan ODST SMG Pictures .zip

O.K...I finally have the supplies to finish the helmet, but so I know what the finished product should look like and what it shouldn't look like?

Nightshade said:
The only thing I'm wondering is, why are all the normals reversed? I made sure in the .obj model to have all the normals conformed and correct, and, when I open up the .obj in Pep, the folds are correctly on the inside. I don't know why the unfolded file's normals are reversed, but I wouldn't sugguest building it until that problem is fixed.

Your .obj file is fine. Both PD2 and PD3 showed the normals where they ought to be. It looks like Unholykey reversed them during the unfold when he changed the model's coordinates.

Nightshade said:
Hey guys, just wondering, since I'm stupid, could somebody please help me add the final center equiptment plate and belt plate, sniper goggles and SMG pep files to the Wiki for me? If you're interested in helping, I can PM you the download links and screenshots for each model.

Send me the pics and links and I will put it on wiki.

Hey Ral, thanks for updating the wiki! Everything looks great, and I didn't realize that I hadn't included in the PM some screenshots, so thanks for taking them yourself! Sorry I forgot that.

Nightshade said:
Hey Ral, thanks for updating the wiki! Everything looks great, and I didn't realize that I hadn't included in the PM some screenshots, so thanks for taking them yourself! Sorry I forgot that.

No problem. I'm not too happy with the pics for the belt plate and the SMG so if you have a better pic for those two, send them over and I'll upload them.

BTW, check your PM.

not trying to hijack this thread but im jw has anyone ever thought of making a pep file of the halo 3 maps as in Guardian,The Pit,cuz if anyone did i would make it in less than a heart beat

SMG Screenshot:

odstsmgbig.png

Beltplate Screenshot:

finalbeltplatebig.png

I hope these will do, if not, I really don't have a problems with the pics you took yourself.

LEEKEEGAN'S SMG HAS ARRIVED. Actually, it did like a week ago, but my mom put it in the laundry-room closet, which isn't a place I'd look for a missing package.

Lol, is it always a mini Halo prop hunt at your place!!!

Glad you go it bro. You must be one happy dude!!!

-Pony

The backpack and torso plate opened for me, maybe you're working with the wrong version? Anyways, awesome job guys on the pieces, now i only wait for a the recon/sniper backpack, haha.

I do have a question though, anyone have an idea how to scale it? I read the "How to scale pepakura" guide but that was for the MC armor and was based off of MC's height (which is 7 foot something). And since ODST soldiers arn't nearly as tall as he is, i'm wondering what height you guys are working with in designing the pieces? It's probably negligable, but it'll help as I'm also working on making armor for my sister and my friend's fiancee, so im having difficulty scaling the armor for them. Any help would be awesome!

I was wondering if anyone *cough* harding *cough* might unfold the torso so that it will be smoother with less strips. Ever since making a Mk VI, I've had a deep rooted hatred for strips...

mc hammer time said:
I was wondering if anyone *cough* harding *cough* might unfold the torso so that it will be smoother with less strips. Ever since making a Mk VI, I've had a deep rooted hatred for strips...

sure can do lol i didnt know if that was goin to be the final version or if nightshade was goin to make any modifications but ill work on it today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back