Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King Cobra said:
Hey Jason I am looking at your pictures and I can edit Nightshades shoulder to be wider and flatter. Which I will get started with right away. Thanks for the Pics Jason and thanks for all your work Nightshade i'm making a buck costume and I am editing your shoulder to Jason's pics.

Edit: I just finished a widened version of the shoulder here it is: http://www.4shared.com/file/176301697/df88cfe3/Shoulder_Wide.html

I pepped up the first part. It went together pretty well, the only problem I have encountered so far was that the pieces at the bottom don't have tabs to attach together. Overall I think it works though. I will work on more of it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I set the height to 305 mm, it seems to fit me quite well, I am 5' 11" what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks,

This is from one of Nightshades older files, a set of ODST chest armor that I modified (with permission, Thanks again).

In my opinion it is closer to the in game chest armor.

The first pic is actually from an earlier version, it is now even more accurate.

Chestarmorpep.jpg

Chestarmor.jpg

Here is the download

http://www.4shared.com/file/176988777/ac2aaf77/ODST_Chestplate_Nightshade_Nob.html

Hey ZakuAce looks good i'm glad it worked out. If theres anything else you guys need i'll be happy to help. Also i'm working on the sniper goggles and making them attach to the helmet easier i'm in the middle of construction and if it fits ill post it. Thanks Nightshade and everyone else for getting me started.

The King Cobra said:
Hey ZakuAce looks good i'm glad it worked out. If theres anything else you guys need i'll be happy to help. Also i'm working on the sniper goggles and making them attach to the helmet easier i'm in the middle of construction and if it fits ill post it. Thanks Nightshade and everyone else for getting me started.

I finished the rest of it yesterday and it came out pretty good, keep up the good work guys!!!!!

Hey Nobody I made your chest piece and it is amazing compared to the one on Halo Costuming. Ill take some pics of the comparison later tomorrow its a little dark :p. Ill try and get that less detailed helmet posted for you Loganius but let me tell you its fun and easy for the one already made. Just a little time and patience and you should be good to go. I made it so I think you can too. See ya guys and thanks again Nightshade.

WARNING!!! You may love me after reading this post!!!

OMG!!

Shoulder.jpg

The back of it is hollowed out, because the in-game shoulder is actually enclosed, and enclosed models are hard to pep in my opinion.

Teh Back

ShoulderBack-1.jpg

By the way, it is scaled to fit MY arm, and I am only 5'7", so a lot of you will have to re-size it to be larger.

Link, because I'm awesome. > http://www.filefront.com/15191101/New Shoulder.pdo

I am planning on editing this in the future to make it more HD with more details, but this is what I have for now. I might also mess around with making it all one piece as well. Have fun armor-building!

mc hammer time said:
The top looks a lot better, but the bottom was better before imo. I see why you stretched it out, but it's a little to long.

Actually, it might be the fact that my computer monitor is extra wide, so when I take screenshots it seems thinner on other people's computers. Or, it could be the Pepakura Designer's perspective view throwing your view off.

The King Cobra said:
Looks like a nice shoulder Jason. Ill start working on it right after my shin piece is cut out :p.

Just had to put up one that was better than yours ;) Just kidding, I just figured I should post this because the whole shoulder needed a redesign. That shoulder was based on the concept art, while this is an ingame shoulder.

On the new shoulder. It looks good but as some people have said before the bottom is a little to long. Also the middle piece is going to need some modification to make it wearable. Having a long sharp point digging into a should is going to wear thin. Lastly on the top piece the middle facet is supposed to be flat, in the new pep it is domed. That cab also be fixed after fiber glassing. Other than that the model looks like it will be way easier to fit. Good job.

OMG!! Jason that backpack looks amazing! I have found the regular one and was looking for the Mickey one. Thanks dude! Oh and my shin piece was half the size of my shin so i'm going to cut out another one :(. I will start Unfolding the Mickey Backpack and shoulder for you dude.

Here's my latest shoulder, all one piece with supports (sort of) in the back. I like it a lot better, but I haven't unfolded it yet. Pics!

Shoulder-2.jpg

ShoulderBack.jpg

Oh, and I changed a model my friend gave me to be all one piece (the elbow piece was separated). Whoever wants to unfold it is welcome, I can but I really don't want to and I've got to get started fixing the Mickey and Dutch backpacks I have. Thanks for the unfold, King Cobra.

Gauntlet.jpg

Download Links:

New Shoulder UNFOLDED:

http://www.filefront.com/15213117/New Shoulder Whole.pdo

Med-Def Gauntlet UNFOLDED:

http://www.4shared.com/file/180665442/f3d7459d/Gauntlet.html

Hey guys I love the stuff I'm seeing on these last few pages! Great work! I'm sorry that a few of my files are so inaccurate, but I'm glad that there are people who are willing to fix them. Please keep in mind that those were created when very few reference images were available for modeling! Anyway, for my college admission portfolio for two or three schools, I, for one of my portfolio submissions, am basically using my ODST armor models, and I created a composition putting them all together over the released Bungie renders:

odstarmorcomposition.png

(Some areas including the thigh "scales", chest packs, etc, are part of my models but sort of blend into the background)

But here's what my mom asked me to do. I DARE (no pun intended) someone to make thier armor like this:

pinkarmorfront.png

pinkarmorback.png

Like it?

PS - I might soon make a pouch (like King Cobras') that will seamlessly fit into the side indentations on the HD thigh model and could be attached/removed with some nice magnets, and that's always cool.

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hey Nice to hear from you Nightshade :p. Anyway if you could make me Bucks combat knife or something like it I would be greatly appreciated. No rush dude I know your really busy. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back