Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
out of curiosity, has anyone made the stomach plates/equipment pieces for dare?

when you look at game pictures there is special pieces that are different to all the other odst's

*goes looking for pic*

found

Dare

Guys, I know this is a bit off-topic, but in January Mcfarlane is bringing out series 7 with Dare, Sgt. Forge, Tartaras and more.

MissingSpartan7 said:
out of curiosity, has anyone made the stomach plates/equipment pieces for dare?

when you look at game pictures there is special pieces that are different to all the other odst's

*goes looking for pic*

found

Dare

Check these out

Click here

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, thats what i was looking for.

i know someone who may want to use these...(just a friend)

E: does anyone have those plates that go at the bottom of the ribcage? i just realised i havn't seem them anywhere

Hi, I've looked through a ton of threads to find the right forearm and when I did it wasn't unfolded Can anyone link me to the post it was in or something?

alecgates15 said:
Hi, I've looked through a ton of threads to find the right forearm and when I did it wasn't unfolded Can anyone link me to the post it was in or something?

You can use the left one, In pepakura designer, under the 2D drop down menu there is an option to invert the pattern. Unless they have different details.

Nobody said:
You can use the left one, In pepakura designer, under the 2D drop down menu there is an option to invert the pattern. Unless they have different details.

I could have worded that better :D When I said right I meant right as in correct, but I did find it now, thanks anyway!

ratchet_fan said:
just reverse it! i had to do the same thing

i made an unfold for each thigh,the 3d model is the same,all i did was invert the 2d pattern

hold on a second... is the lo res smg released, if so where is it?

oh and i took a minimum detail m6s and simplified the pep

Screenshot-11_30_20099_24_51PM.jpg

gingersnapples said:
hold on a second... is the lo res smg released, if so where is it?

The link is in the first post of this thread and the unfold of the pistol looks good. Where can I get it?

Nightshade said:
Hey Crackhead! Yeah, I made the same observation. This is more of an armor update than the full-blown developement of a new armor set.

Wow, that's amazing! Your going to be great in this forum, I'm excited to build this, thanks!

Thanks, man (I'm thinking that was directed to everyone who helped too, not just me), but thanks anyway. I'm excited too. I might just scratch/postpone my old Mark VI peps I've had waiting around (waiting for a chance to get more resin)

What modeling program do you use? I've been trying to find a good one for ages.

Those were modeled in Maya 8.0. It's pretty expensive unless you get the student discount edition. For much cheaper packages that just include modeling/lighting/rendering (and not animation, dynamics, hair/fur, etc), you might want to try WINGS 3D. It's a free, open source modeling package that allows to to make polygon models very similar to those in Maya. I think it also supports textures and reference image planes now as well. You might want to check it out!

Other free 3D modeling packages include Anim8or and Milkshape 3D (which is shareware, as I remember)

PS - I still think the thighs are worth a new Pep model. Just my view.

Hey guys i you guys kno how to model im really bad at it lol maybe you can help me or just tell me wut's a good modeling program because im new to this. but great job dude i hope your project comes out to your perspective!

hey guys, I haven't seen this talked about on here yet but the shoulder pep file's default scale is small. I checked it against Romeos height as given by the Halo encyclopedia and based on that scale the sniper plate should measure nearly 16 inches long, I have done an unfold with this scale and i am going to start cutting it out after this post, let me know if you are interested in the pep, its basically the same unfold as the other just a few pieces broken apart so they fit.

gingersnapples said:
nice, can we see pics?

I got caught up do some housework and was able to start yet, but I am going to soon, I will post them when i get a comparison of the default scale for the file and the one I scaled up, I printed off the 16 incher and it looked way to big just printed, so I have backed it down to 12 which seems more reasonable, I also realized that I didn't take into account the fact that the height I had was without armor so we will see how it turns out

I just noticed something off about the shoulders that would explain why they are so hard to size to fit over the shoulder without looking huge.

sholder.jpg

I highlighted two things in the picture. The first is the green circle. This shows a head on view of the shoulder that is much wider from tip to tip than the pep model.

Number two explains why. The red circle what looks like and edge running down both sides of the shoulder (look at the difference in shade). Doing so makes the shoulder much wider and easier to wear without some minor mods. Ether way this is a minor detail but it does effect the overall fit of the shoulder. I don't know if this is worth an update to the pep since there are some more details that are just a little off on the shoulder but my lunch is almost done so that will have to wait.

Good catch! Ive recently tried the shoulder and I had to make it quite big to fit on my shoulder properly, if this were to be changed it would make it much easier to size as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back