HALO 4/5 MARK VI MASTER CHIEF/EXOSKELETON BUILD (FIBERGLASS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Makyr

View attachment 240169

So what's up guys, been here for some time but I haven't really been posting anything. So this is my first thread and I'll be sharing my build on the master chief from halo 4/5. I've actually been working on this for some time so I have learned A LOT about proportions/scaling, body types, materials, methods, and many more to make the BEST MASTER CHIEF COSTUME POSSIBLE!! haha
I also have been making plans on making an actual suit, and I am currently working on an exoskeleton that can give added strength and mobility!

Just a little thing about me, I really love Halo and it has inspired me to use my talents to make a real one, hopefully can someday be used in the military, but for now it's all for fun. I also love sports, animals, other games, and anything engineering. ENJOY MY JOURNEY!!!! View attachment 240163 View attachment 240164 View attachment 240165 View attachment 240166 View attachment 240167

I'll be posting more pics soon! Also working on other projects, tell me what you guys think so far!
Feel free to ask any questions as well, I'd really want people to help each other out here.

Nice work looks like you got the scaling pretty good.
Thank you so much man! Was actually a little difficult, because after a few months I would gain more weight and grow taller. I'm currently re-doing some parts since I out grew em hahaha

I'll be posting some more stuff tomorrow about proportions on the suit, hope it will help people understand how chief's suit is built around him.

I was also thinking if I do get enough people to see my work, I would like to know if you guys would want me to make another thread about proportions for Master Chief's armor in particular!

Here is a little update to what I'm up to, I finally have time to actually work on it!! So expect more updates guys!

Attachments

• IMG_7h254.jpg
    IMG_7h254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 614
  • IMG_7221.JPG
    IMG_7221.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 580
  • IMG_7252.JPG
    IMG_7252.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 495
  • IMG_7253.JPG
    IMG_7253.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 477
  • IMG_7255.JPG
    IMG_7255.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 481
Right now I am starting with the helmet and using pepakura to build it. This is the file I have for the helmet. The link is here: Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - Mark VI Master Chief Is this the one you used since on the back of the helmet chief has a circle with a line in it, but in the file it doesn't have the line only the circle, is that something you have to add on your own. PS what material did you use for the chest? Thanks, Haloshark

Unbelievable work, nice. and I would use EVA foam for the chest but I think you can use bondo and resin, or even sculpt it using clay. The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't worry about the circle and line seeing that you can add it yourself or even free hand it.

Unbelievable work, nice. and I would use EVA foam for the chest but I think you can use bondo and resin, or even sculpt it using clay. The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't worry about the circle and line seeing that you can add it yourself or even free hand it.
Thanks for the advice agentflorida, however I did not make the suit MasterChief7117 did. Also how would I be able to use EVA foam for the chest and other body parts? Would I sculpt EVA foam into the body parts? Or is there another way to make a chest piece in EVA foam? Thanks, Haloshark

Sure man! what certain issues do you have? scaling? pepping? materials? etc.

1.Yep I'm using the same file, and I'm planning to add those tiny details by using bondo.

2.The material I used for the chest is the same material I'm using for all, it's cardstock. Then I fiberglass it to make it stronger.

3. Yes you can use eva foam, infact for all the pieces. There are foam files for the armor that you can use for templates. But I personally don't like them since they lose a lot of detail.

Right now I am starting with the helmet and using pepakura to build it. This is the file I have for the helmet. The link is here: Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - Mark VI Master Chief Is this the one you used since on the back of the helmet chief has a circle with a line in it, but in the file it doesn't have the line only the circle, is that something you have to add on your own. PS what material did you use for the chest? Thanks, Haloshark
1.Yep I'm using the same file, and I'm planning to add those tiny details by using bondo.

2.The material I used for the chest is the same material I'm using for all, it's cardstock. Then I fiberglass it to make it stronger.

3. Yes you can use eva foam, infact for all the pieces. There are foam files for the armor that you can use for templates. But I personally don't like them since they lose a lot of detail.

Thank you!! If this comment is partially for me hahahahahaha

Use pepakura to print out the parts on cardstock in 2d. Then trace the pieces on EVA foam and cut them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back