Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @CarterBuilder12 for this job! Its awesome.

Im Resbalador, from Spain. A newcomer here ;)

Im 3d printing this armor, and i have a question about the undersuit.

With the 3d Printed parts... how i fit them into the under suit?

I have some parts like the shin armors, with the apropiate size, there is some space between my leg and the part. Im gonna refill this space with foam (eva goum here). But, the problem is: how i fit then to the under suit? any trick?

Thank you @CarterBuilder12 for this job! Its awesome.

Im Resbalador, from Spain. A newcomer here ;)

Im 3d printing this armor, and i have a question about the undersuit.

With the 3d Printed parts... how i fit them into the under suit?

I have some parts like the shin armors, with the apropiate size, there is some space between my leg and the part. Im gonna refill this space with foam (eva goum here). But, the problem is: how i fit then to the under suit? any trick?

Hi man!

I really can't answer you on that because i haven't gotten there myself yet. So you have to experiment a little. ;)

Update time!

Yeah i have done some work as when i reached certain parts and the caused problems.

So i have tweaked the butt plate. Redone the backpack and Fornt under chest part (or FUCP for short) xD
Links will be in the first post shortly after i post this.

1.png

2.png

3.png

And lastly i will announce the the helmet will be redone too, so stay tuned ;)

Kristian out!

Make sure if your printing the helmet check your sizing. Straight print from the file will result in a helmet that fits a small head. we had printed one that was given away at Sci Fi Valley con for a charity auction and it was just fine near as I can determine it was warped a bit. Had a hard time assembling it but would fit Ashuraa very close. Re printed it exactly the same and now its small enough it doesnt fit over her ears. So added an inch in width and as soon as I get printing the M7 and the M6H it is up for another go around.

Hello fellow Halo nerds!

The great day is here!!!!
A big update for the helmet. I have redone the helmet and made it 99% accurate to the Halo 5 version of the helmet. the only thing i did not update was the visor, i will maybe do that at a later date.

So here is the result:
Halo 4 master chief helmet 1.png

Halo 4 master chief helmet 2.png

Halo 4 master chief helmet 3.png

Halo 4 master chief helmet 4.png

Halo 4 master chief helmet 5.png

As you can see on the next pic is that the neck cover, side bolts and vent is seperate from the helmet.

Halo 4 master chief helmet 6.png

So i hope you all like it as much as me ;) and i would love to see pics for those who print it.

And some parts that also got an update:
lower and upper back.png

Thats all for now! As always, the links to the files will be found in the first post ;)

I think there will be no more modelling for this project now. I am printing like crazy at the moment.
Only parts i have left to print is the shoulders, the right backpack and the center back part then i am all done printing this armor :) updates on that will come.

CarterBuilder12

Still, I'm totally digging the texture work! May use your weathering as reference on my helm. Looking good bro! Also, was about to say, all that printing and nothing to show, hah.

CarterBuilder12 I registered on this forum just to tell you how much I appreciate your work and the fact that you provide the files for free, this is without a doubt the nicest thing I have ever seen somebody do for others on the internet. You, Sir, deserve my respect!

I'm finally done printing!
20170812_231437.jpg

Now comes the hard task of sanding it all...

I also need some help with two things.

First can anybody tell me someone that makes master chief visors (optimaly in europe)?

Second i need help determening the colors for the halo 5 version of the armor and find the closest matching color in the line up of montana spray-cans.
I like the colors i have on the 3d render of the new helmet and might try to find those colors.

Thanks in andvance for any help on these two matters.

I will probably make a video on how I connect my parts togheter in the week to come.

Here are some of the colors i have picked out of images from different sources. From renders of the suit, form game textures, from others paint use on their helmets
Master chief color options....png

Last edited:
There's a few hours of print time. Prints turned out great!

Last edited:
If you are looking for the perfect color/see thru effect for the visor, I suggest talking to Justin Branfuhr of Branfuhr studios on facebook, he makes the best halo 3 visors possible!

I'm finally done printing!
View attachment 248433

Now comes the hard task of sanding it all...

Fantastic modelling by the way and it's great to see the 3d prints, awesome!

Question: would you mind sharing your 3d printer settings to achieve what looks to be pretty crisp surfaces and edges?
I'll look at printing these as well but I haven't ventured into 3d printing yet (although have one of the Aldi ones from last year).

In regards to the visor, have you thought of vac-forming your own? (via a 3d printed buck)
I'm thinking of doing that as well as tinting it. That way it's a match to your shape and size of your visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back