Halo 4 First look trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything looks pretty good so far but my only two complaints so far are:

1. the new armor in multi-player feels to.....samus meets transformers, if that makes any sense
and
2. spartan IV's? i think thats stretching it a bit. it think that's going to be a hard "tie in"

"Glasslands" does mention the start of a Spartan-IV program. I'm curious to what its going to be like though. The entire book insults Halsey's S-II and they weren't very found of S-III's if I remember right. I'm wondering if they can finally take adult volunteers.

I feel a little better about 343 Studios working on it now, they at least seem dedicated. The new Mk-VII armor is starting to grow on me, but I still dont like it, it doesn't feel like something from Halo. They said they want it to look functional, but the books pretty much state that it is a layer of the undersuit that does all of the enhancing.

The battle rifle also looks horrible. From H2 to H3, there was just a graphical upgrade, but from H3 to H4 its a complete redesign. It just doesn't make any sense, canon wise or not.

I still hope the chief doesn't come out of cryo in Mk-VII. I play Halo for the story, and 343 is screwing it up just for looks. I guess I just have to give it time.

"Glasslands" does mention the start of a Spartan-IV program. I'm curious to what its going to be like though. The entire book insults Halsey's S-II and they weren't very found of S-III's if I remember right. I'm wondering if they can finally take adult volunteers.

I feel a little better about 343 Studios working on it now, they at least seem dedicated. The new Mk-VII armor is starting to grow on me, but I still dont like it, it doesn't feel like something from Halo. They said they want it to look functional, but the books pretty much state that it is a layer of the undersuit that does all of the enhancing.

The battle rifle also looks horrible. From H2 to H3, there was just a graphical upgrade, but from H3 to H4 its a complete redesign. It just doesn't make any sense, canon wise or not.

I still hope the chief doesn't come out of cryo in Mk-VII. I play Halo for the story, and 343 is screwing it up just for looks. I guess I just have to give it time.

Im not sure where i heard this but supposedly spartan armor has nano technology so can upgrade itself in cryo sleep? Its mentioned in one of the novels i believe. How cool would it be if in the campaign you found the upgrade in an abandoned testing station and cortana reactivates it and you have a deadspace moment where you jump into a suit changer and step out like a boss haha

i just saw something in a pic from Halo 4

halo4spartan.png
finger plate is missing on his left hand and only on that finger

Thanks for noticing that. I'll need to fix that in my model. But... in a screen shot on 720p I can see that it is BOTH index fingers. I don't like to speculate on things that are to come but my experience with weapons would suggest they made that finger different so they can fit it in the trigger guard.

MCs_H4_Hands.jpg

Here's what we have on the Spartan-IV's from Halopedia.

"Conceived by Admiral Margaret Parangosky following the SPARTAN-III Program, the SPARTAN-IV Program was to be headed by Colonel James Ackerson with Dr. Halsey forced to work under him. However, after Ackerson's death at the hands of the Covenant and Halsey's disappearance, the project was initiated under a different leadership. Like the original ORION Project, the SPARTAN-IV Program would use only consenting adult volunteers."

"Unlike the previous two projects, the SPARTAN-IV Program was to use adult volunteers only. The project was already active as of 2553, with some of its personnel serving aboard the prototype warship UNSC Infinity."

So yes, they are all adult volunteers, which I'm guessing anyone in the service could join. I think thats pretty cool. As for the hatred of Spartan-II's? Maybe its due to the status they got during the war and since the Spartan-IV's seem to be more advanced, perhaps they see the Spartan-II's as old an outdated?

As for the hatred of Spartan-II's? Maybe its due to the status they got during the war and since the Spartan-IV's seem to be more advanced, perhaps they see the Spartan-II's as old an outdated?
It's jealousy just like with the ODSTs. A lot of the SPARTAN IVs probably are ex-ODST now I think about it.

Im not sure where i heard this but supposedly spartan armor has nano technology so can upgrade itself in cryo sleep? Its mentioned in one of the novels i believe. How cool would it be if in the campaign you found the upgrade in an abandoned testing station and cortana reactivates it and you have a deadspace moment where you jump into a suit changer and step out like a boss haha

Yeah, in Glasslands, the Spartan-II in the group was wearing Mk-VII I believe, and it has the ability to upgrade itself. But if it was true that even Mk-VI has that ability, it still doesn't make sense that it could completely redesign itself. As long as they show him changing to a new suit (without showing his face fo course) then I'll be happy.

So yes, they are all adult volunteers, which I'm guessing anyone in the service could join. I think thats pretty cool. As for the hatred of Spartan-II's? Maybe its due to the status they got during the war and since the Spartan-IV's seem to be more advanced, perhaps they see the Spartan-II's as old an outdated?

Thats good, I couldn't remember if the book mention if they were going to be volunteers or not. The hate the S-II got comes from the people who knew or found out where the S-II's came from. Which is to say that they were kidnapped as children, forced into the military and replaced with clones.

Here's what we have on the Spartan-IV's from Halopedia.

"Conceived by Admiral Margaret Parangosky following the SPARTAN-III Program, the SPARTAN-IV Program was to be headed by Colonel James Ackerson with Dr. Halsey forced to work under him. However, after Ackerson's death at the hands of the Covenant and Halsey's disappearance, the project was initiated under a different leadership. Like the original ORION Project, the SPARTAN-IV Program would use only consenting adult volunteers."

"Unlike the previous two projects, the SPARTAN-IV Program was to use adult volunteers only. The project was already active as of 2553, with some of its personnel serving aboard the prototype warship UNSC Infinity."

The thought about Parangosky heading the S-IV program kinda gives me chills... And could it be that there may be a rebellion or an uprising with the new SPARTANS just like there was during the Insurrection? I vote to be on the side with the Squidlies. Arby and the Chief, yo.

I see a lot of influence from Mass Effect and Crysis in the armor and weapons. Personally I prefer the older styles more, plus the older styles looked like "Halo," not "Crysis Mass Effect themed Halo gear" as it looks now.

Honestly I think it looks like something straight out of BF 2142. I like the look of it, don't get me wrong. I'd be lying if I said I think it's an ugly gun, but it just looks so generic and like you said just not Halo like. It is more sci fi which I guess it's cool but it's just not Halo!

Honestly I think it looks like something straight out of BF 2142. I like the look of it, don't get me wrong. I'd be lying if I said I think it's an ugly gun, but it just looks so generic and like you said just not Halo like. It is more sci fi which I guess it's cool but it's just not Halo!

As a BF2142 junkie, I would have to say that the bf2142 weapons don't look like the new BR55, but weapons from the FEAR series come closer. I've studied the ME and Crysis weapons and the new BR55 looks like a mix of the two. But I totally agree with ya, the new BR55 just doesn't look like it came from Halo.

Also if you look closely at the chiefs under-suit, it looks very similar to the power-suits from Crysis.

I think it's kinda funny on how real world weapons of the future are becoming smaller, streamlined and simple. Where as in games and movies that take place in the future, the weapons are becoming larger, bulkier and more complex

I. Want. Beta. Please.
The multiplayer reminds me of Halo 3, which is a good thing. I hope 343 makes a useful weapon sandbox and balanced Loadout system.

The fact that armor plays into gameplay now is a plus I think.

armor perks......seems a bit dubiuos but i'll reserve judgment(hope it's not like the perk slot 2 in call of duty.)

the (BR55), more like BR550 if you ask me, looks pretty good all in all but I can see where people could be a little questionary.

and last but not least I REALLY HOPE that 343 isn't making up for a lakc of something or trying TOOO ard to beat bungie, there is a thing as going overboard and being ridiculus.

overall can't wait for more update.

I think Halo will go the way of Star Wars: You have your old trilogy, then your new trilogy. The old trilogy will forever be branded into our minds as being "the best" while the new trilogy will be "Awesome! But the old trilogy is way better."
It's very seldom that a sequel can top it's predecessor.

Hey as long as the new trilogy doesn't include Jar Jar we should be safe :)

I. Want. Beta. Please.
The multiplayer reminds me of Halo 3, which is a good thing. I hope 343 makes a useful weapon sandbox and balanced Loadout system.
Like that's going to happen when they re-introduce the BR, watch all the kiddies vote for BR slayer and never pick up any other weapons apart from the sniper rifle.

As a BF2142 junkie, I would have to say that the bf2142 weapons don't look like the new BR55, but weapons from the FEAR series come closer. I've studied the ME and Crysis weapons and the new BR55 looks like a mix of the two. But I totally agree with ya, the new BR55 just doesn't look like it came from Halo.

Also if you look closely at the chiefs under-suit, it looks very similar to the power-suits from Crysis.

I think it's kinda funny on how real world weapons of the future are becoming smaller, streamlined and simple. Where as in games and movies that take place in the future, the weapons are becoming larger, bulkier and more complex

I saw your avatar and thought you might chime in on this, but for some reason I saw this gun and something inside me screamed "Lambert Carbine", even tho I just googled the gun (since I haven't seen it in a few years) and it looks little like it although there are some similarities. But yeah it's definitely true that Hollywood is adding in bigger guns in the futuristic movies. I guess it's to compensate for the fact that the heroes need to look epic and epic guys must inherently carry a large gun? Or maybe it's cuz there's not as much all around action as in WWII style movies and so they compensate my making the individuals look like they can do more damage? I don't know, but I think it's pretty ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back