Halo 4 New ---SCOUT--- helmet build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
This was one the first helmets I saw from the new game that realy grabbed me as one that I wanted to tackle. I started off with a low res 3D model. I figured I add the detail after the pep stage. This was my first unfold attempt. Big thanks to Jacob & Hyper for the instructions & model. The free version of Pep 3 D designer didn't allow me to save the file so I guess this will be a one-out.

scout1.jpg
[/IMG]

scout42.jpg
[/IMG]

The first layer of bodo always looks so ruff. That stage alway worries me in regards to how bad it looks with all that bondo covering it up.
After a few hours of sanding the basic shape starts to be revealed. Once the first layer was sanded off I applied 2 more thin layers a day appart to get the curves contoured out the way I wanted them to look.

scout41.jpg
[/IMG]

scout5.jpg
[/IMG]

Now for the slow part. I'm adding the detail in slowly, one layer of bondo at a time. I hate the waiting time for each layer to cure before sanding, shaping & adding the next layer of detail (slow & steady). Ill keep plugging away, a little more body work each day. I'm scetching out each area on the helmet before I apply each new layer. I'm finding that the lines I'm drawing in realy help me out in keeping everything the shape that I want.

scout6.jpg
scout8.jpg
[/IMG]

Heres an updated photo from this weekends work. This coat of primer is just for me to find & repair any low spots. You mite not see it from the low res photo but theres still plenty of work to do on this one yet. I'm hoping to have it ready to make my first helmet mold next week.

ss.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm just about finished up with all the layers of bondo & what not. There's one more light sanding to do in 3 small areas and then on to making a mold. :)

This is the first non-rushed hemet build that I've been able to work on. I picked up a lot from reading your posts, Thanks guys.
Jim McCrea

SCT21.jpg
SCT22.jpg
[/IMG]

SCT3.jpg
SCT5.jpg
[/IMG]

SCT4.jpg
[/IMG]

The Scout turned out awesome Jim, looks like your heading in the right direction to being a well respected builder, excellent job my man. Looks like I will be molding the Samus Helmet with you as the Recruit helmet will not be ready, you kicked my butt in speed building lol

That looks awesome man :D how do you do all those really tiny details look so smooth and perciese?like the ones on the top of the helmet and near the ears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back