Halo 4 Recruit helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperballistik

I decided to build the Halo 4 Recruit helmet for no reason lol, I don't plan to make the suit to go with it, just wanted to see if I could build it, I can say this much this helmet looks so easy to build which the pe is then thats where it changes, I have built plenty of helmets in the past and so far to date this helmet has been a detailing nightmare, sometimes I wish I wasn't as so picky to make it as close to the in game version as I can then I could probably pull this one off pretty quick. The helmet pep was made for me by JTM1997 back before the Halo 4 game was even released, I have been working on and off oof it for a little while I think I have about 3 weeks total into the helmet I still have a ways to go I would say it is 75% finished, I still need to add a lower neck seal below the lower jaw area, add some missing details, finish the vacuform visor buck and fix the round twisty know thing on the back to look sort of in game, sorry I don't have a ton of WIP pictures, I was lazy and didn't feel like uploading them to Photobucket because my computer is acting slow at the moment so here are the pics that I crrently have uploaded

Here is a link to the Recruit PDO. file if your interested in building this helmet
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZBp3t14S/Halo4_Recruit_Helmet_PDO_.html

Only pic I have of the helmet during the pep stage lol
2012-10-28133354.jpg

How the helmet looks at the time of posting these pics
DSC06304.jpg

DSC06308.jpg

Back of the helmet that was not much fun to work on, I still need to finish the twist knob thing and finish up some minor detail work
DSC06307.jpg

THe nose section was a challange to pull off as the pep does not include any of the details period and the cheek vents had to be custom made also, I prefer LD models to do my own detail work so I guess I got what I was looking for :D
DSC06309.jpg

Here is the top of the helmet and all the little panels on the top are not made from foam sheets, thats half a day worth of work on the top alone, I will never do those again lol
DSC06311.jpg

If you would like to see some more build process pics I have some loaded on Stony Props Facebook page you can see them here
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.428437087219161.98062.339121156150755&type=1

I should have some more updates on this helmet in a few days, till then I hope you like it and let me know if you see something that needs improvement or changing

Steve

hyper your work and attention are impeccable! i hope to pull it off like you do soon. working in the h3 recon right now and next is the h4 recon or scout (if i can find that scout file anywhere lol)

hyper your work and attention are impeccable! i hope to pull it off like you do soon. working in the h3 recon right now and next is the h4 recon or scout (if i can find that scout file anywhere lol)

Thanks man, Don't worry, Jim is releasing the Scout file very soon, I got the inside scoop ;)

I love the work you've done so far on the Recruit helmet; can't wait to see it painted up! Truth be told, it's one of my favorites since it sorta resembles an ODST.
Did you reference in-game pics to fill in the details? Because you've put a lot of detail in that!

I love the work you've done so far on the Recruit helmet; can't wait to see it painted up! Truth be told, it's one of my favorites since it sorta resembles an ODST.
Did you reference in-game pics to fill in the details? Because you've put a lot of detail in that!

Thanks, and yes I did use game refrence pics to do the detail work, Its not 100% perfect but its close, there are still a few things missing but im still not finished with the helmet yet, also the pep is a LD model so working every shape and detail into the pep itself has been tough

Hey Steve, the helmet is coming along great man! Are the two little raised points on the forehead the same size? It looks like one is bigger than the other. May just be the pic though. Anywho, I like what you've done. :D

Just a few words.

You need to STOP making helmets like this. You make everyone here look really BAD. Let us know when you retire so we can jump back on the bandwagon.

But, seriously. Amazing work as always.

Such amazing sculpting man! I hope my bondo skills turn out as good as yours when I take my first stab at it.

Hey Steve, the helmet is coming along great man! Are the two little raised points on the forehead the same size? It looks like one is bigger than the other. May just be the pic though. Anywho, I like what you've done. :D

You may be right on one side being higher than the other Im not near the helmet at the moment but now that I look at the pics im going to check, I may have sanded the Bondo down to low on that side, I'll get it fixed but im hoping its the camera angle

looks great, nice detail! looking forward to seeing where it goes

Thanks

Just a few words.

You need to STOP making helmets like this. You make everyone here look really BAD. Let us know when you retire so we can jump back on the bandwagon.

But, seriously. Amazing work as always.

Thanks Cool C, I have seen some really impressive stuff on the forums lately I think some guys are going to start making me look bad in the near future ;)

Such amazing sculpting man! I hope my bondo skills turn out as good as yours when I take my first stab at it.

Thanks Drack, I pretty much use a similar method as Cereal Killl3r, it just takes patience and you'll get the hang of it, I seen your foam work and it looks awesome so im sure if you do a pep helmet the results will be the same

This is hands down the most AWSOME recruit build. The're going to have to re-make Halo 4 just to make it more accurate to this helmet.

Been meaning to update this thread, im finally finished with the helmet just need to finish the visor vacuform buck and mold the helmet because it weighs a ton with all the bondo and epoxy clay on it, so it would not be that comfortable to wear for a long period of time, hopefully my next update will be the finished painted helmet with an actual visor installed

527513_457327807663422_1354279094_n_zps1bda5527.jpg

542208_457327827663420_554288916_n_zpsf181d6fb.jpg

DSC06329_zps2b7187fd.jpg

417983_457327870996749_1612056300_n_zps8e735aa4.jpg

DSC06331_zps11a68172.jpg

DSC06332_zps3271620a.jpg

DSC06330_zps9a9455f4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hyper this is a piece of art! Amazing work on this one, just like your other builds. I keep looking at the detail given and my golly, its just PHENOMENAL !

Hyper, you've done an excellent job with the helmet! It looks amazing! Hard to believe it started out as a LD pep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back