HALO 4 SCOUT full build.....stony props style by Jim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the EVA Foam route cheaper then the fiberglass route?

Did you use a hot knife for the foam or just an exacto knife?

i cant realy say if eva is cheaper than fiberglass (its close to the same) . The eva is much faster for me & that makes it easier to remake pieces when they dont come out right.

As far as cutting goes. I use only utillity knifes as well as exacto knifes. Ive have not tried a hot knife yet. Most of the examples ive seen of cutting with a hot knife look like the edges can get a little ruff. Sharp blades jn a utillity knife just help out on getting those realy clean edges that i want.

But how do you make the seams invisible? Sandable primer on top of the plasti dip? Or plastic coating?
It looks amazingly clean and precise.

Heres an up dated photo from the weekend. Im on track to be completed in 2 weeks for megacon.
Sorry sithslayer78 i didnt keep my templates. even if i did i alter each foam piece so much from my original cut out that they wouldnt be much use.

photo-1_zps16e87764.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry Sithslayer78 i didnt keep my templates. even if i did i alter each foam piece so much from my original cut out that they wouldnt be much use.

That makes sense. One more question, if that's okay. I was wondering what you used to seal the foam so smoothly after assembly. It just looks SO smooth and uncracked, it's unbelieveable. I saw that you used Krylon Gray primer, but did you seal the foam first? Something like plasti-dip or modge podge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back